Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

New user / intro / lsd help

Werewolvesatnight

Greenlighter
Hello!

I am a new user but have been lurking around for a few months, so I apologize in advance if I miss any important rules or past threads. I know there are numerous threads pertaining to bad trips but since everyone has their own experience, I thought I would share mine. This past January I had a very very bad lsd trip that lasted around 14 hours. The content was terrifying and the next two weeks were filled with paranoia, derealization, and anxiety which led to a nervous breakdown which happened after work. The result was me having to quit one of two jobs, sleeping at my parent?a house and having almost daily nightmares/panic attacks and numerous head problems. I was able to go into a store without having a panic attack. Over the past five months it has slowly been improving but I still have night terrors where I wake up screaming and during the day I feel this almost physical pain, or a negative energy, that I just can?t put and feel the need to almost scream violently. I have a difficult time with my negative thoughts, feel disconnected with reality much of the time as if reality is no longer satisfying, am not enjoying dating, and have difficulty controlling my emotions. I recently quit my one and only job ( it made me miserable but is my only source of income) at the advice of my parents whom are very supportive but also I feel awful for doing this as I am an adult. I have a bit of money saved and another job (albeit part - time) but fear myself continuing down this path, having to sell my house, and become of those eccentrics that lives with his parents ( I am 32 btw). Like i said, i feel incredibly embarrassed for trying lsd so late in life for the first time, but alas, it happened and I am asking for help/solace/universality in my experience. I am seeing a therapist and trying my best to get through every day. Anyways, here is my introduction. Thank you.

14 hour trips are usually from taking more than 100 mics (nominally one tab) - I wonder if the trigger to all this was an excessive dose and what led up to that.
whether yes or no, the result looks to me like a kind of panic (ptsd) and obsession with remorseful doubts and self recriminations that is a general pattern for OCD.

OCD is actually a pretty normal reaction to compounding traumas - i.e. not just one trip for 14 hours.

the long and the short of this is you are dong the right thing to have regular sessions with a therapist.
Your basic chemistry should be returning to normal soon, but you will have to insight about and make peace with get your mental habits to regain your confidence - this is inevitable, you will emerge whole again. a little nutty, but you always were.

Welcome! Although you've not specifically said so, I suspect you might have combined weed with your psychedelic, which can result in the malaise you describe. Unfortunately, all too often, a feature of this condition is that the continued use of weed, even on its own, can sustain and even intensify these symptoms. The good news is, if you abandon weed, in time you will fully recover. This is extremely common, so don't worry, you'll be fine.

If weed was not a factor, same answer, given time you will be much better. Great to have you with us.

peace and love,

PS. Maybe you should stay in at night... :)

Last edited:
Thank you both for the thought out responses, they both are informative and hopeful. And to answer the question about weed, yes, unfortunately, in addition to the one tab of lsd, I had some marijuana as well. I will continue holding on hope, but wow, this experience is something else and throwing my current life into disarray. I?ve read it could take a few months to years to fully recover from a breakdown so I will hold onto that notion as well.

Hello!

Just wanted to give an update about how I have been doing. It has been nearly eight months and I am making progress, but still experiencing night terrors fairly frequently, lethargy throughout the day, and increased anxiety. I am still experiencing weird "physical" symptoms in my head, although not as intense as months prior. This has been quite the ride, and it's still continuing...

Great to hear from you. I'm wondering what if any meds you may be taking on a regular basis. I'll try and formulate some suggestions based on that.

always,

Thanks for chiming in. I am only taking 10mg of Celexa daily, and ativan as needed, which is roughly three times a week.

Firstly, it's usually not a good idea to combine SSRIs with other drugs that affect the serotonin system such as LSD, psilocybin, MDMA etc.

Secondly, are you sure it was actually LSD that you took? 14 hours off just one tab is a very long time and could have been an RC instead.

Firstly, it's usually not a good idea to combine SSRIs with other drugs that affect the serotonin system such as LSD, psilocybin, MDMA etc.

Secondly, are you sure it was actually LSD that you took? 14 hours off just one tab is a very long time and could have been an RC instead.

Hey Fubar, not sure if you read my post, but I was not taking SSRI at the time, I started taking them after with the hopes of stabilizing my mood and emotions. Also, I took LSD and edibles simultaneously, so I am contributing the length of the trip to consuming both. I am almost certain it was just LSD, as I had friends take some as well without the same results (I was the only one who made the error of eating edibles at the same time). But, without absolute certainty, there is no way of knowing if it was LSD.

Ten month check in and I am continuing to struggle majorly. I sleep a good amount but am majorly tired throughout the day. I recently started a new job and was exhausted two hours in and had to leave and had a crying spell / panic attack while driving home. I don?t see myself having the energy to last in another full-time job. I?ve been continuing to have heart palpitations, panic attacks, and other weird head sensations. I?m going broke and have been borrowing money from my parents due to struggling with employment. I?m continuing to see a therapist but I honestly don?t know how much longer I can continue like this. This has been a year of hell. I need some deep reassurance if i?m going to make it through the rest of my life without giving in to the dark thoughts. Sorry if this sounds dramatic but my choice to take lsd and edibles which resulted in a bad trip has severely hindered my functioning as an adult. Im am trying but everyday is a major struggle.