• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Want to play a game?

Ha ha got ya. I read that wrong.

Xork, you're up man! Let's play ;)

Well I already did one, but okay I'll go again. :)

1 - I have never developed a physical addiction to nicotine even though I smoke regularly and at one point vaped almost constantly for 2 years straight.

2 - One time I was exploring in a cave, and my friend and I crawled through a narrow gap into a tiny series of rooms, and our flashlight went out, and we had to feel our way back in the absolute blackness.

3 - I was backpacking at age 14 with my Boy Scout troop in the mountains of New Mexico, and one of my scout mates got struck by lightning.

I'm gonna say 3, if I remember xork is from chi-town.

I really never have developed a physical addiction to nicotine, although the mental addiction is real. Whenever I stop, I crave it quite a bit for some days but I feel significantly better physically.

In Boy Scouts we used to camp in this cave every year, Eagle Cave, it's owned by the BSA. The main cavern is strung up with lights but you can explore anywhere and it's very large and sprawling. My friend and I really did get stuck in a little space and our flashlight went out, it was terrifying, nothing quite like being deep in the Earth, surrounded on all sides by rock, with no light. :|

Also I really was hiking in the mountains in New Mexico for Boy Scouts, at Philmont, and we ended up on a high bald mountain top as a storm rolled in. It was lightning all around us and you could feel the electricity in the air, but no one got struck.

So tubbs, you got it!

1) I've got a genius level IQ (not that that means much)

2) my favorite drug is actually an RC.

3) I've broken at least 1 of every type of bone except my back and neck. (Ear ones not included)

Number 2 is a lie

Although the camping thing was fairly obviously true. :) You were not a scout, apparently.

Xorkoth: how high did you go? I was hanging with some folks at a bar and three guys who could not have been more different were Eagle Scouts. They were throwing hand signs and such. :D

I went all the way through Eagle, I actually got my Eagle at age 14. Got a couple of "palms" too, which just means more merit badges after you get your Eagle. I did the New Mexico backpacking trip right before I got my Eagle, I had just turned 14.

I'm also going to guess #2 is a lie.

Number 2 is true. I love me some u-47700... aka pink lol.

I'm guessing #3? I can see you having a high IQ and eschewing Mensa.

Can we guess twice (don't answer yet tubbs) I don't want to destroy the game. :(

Oooh Oooh my turn!!!

1. I have four graduate degrees.

2. Once while scuba diving on compressed air (vs. another gas mix such as Nitrox or Trimix), at 120 feet I got a bad case of nitrogen narcosis, unzipped my wetsuit, and started masturbating underwater.

3. Never made it more than three weeks into Boy Scouts because the troop leader was arrested for being a pedophile.

#2 is a lie? Just because... seems like you might not have made it out of that!

Yes, I'm going to have to go with X and go with 2, although it does paint a very interesting picture. ; )

Ash.

Oooh Oooh my turn!!!

1. I have four graduate degrees.

2. Once while scuba diving on compressed air (vs. another gas mix such as Nitrox or Trimix), at 120 feet I got a bad case of nitrogen narcosis, unzipped my wetsuit, and started masturbating underwater.

3. Never made it more than three weeks into Boy Scouts because the troop leader was arrested for being a pedophile.

Last edited:
I'm guessing #3? I can see you having a high IQ and eschewing Mensa.

#1 was the lie, scored a 136 on the Stanford-binet, 12 points under.

I'm going to go with 2 as well, doesn't sound like you man.

Yep. It's no. 2. The funny thing about no. 2 is my best friend (a crazy Australian) while I was living in Japan, who got me into scuba diving, was telling people I did that. AND THEY BELIEVED HIM!!!

Man, I went to a MENSA meeting once because my SAT scores are old enough I qualified for membership on that basis and they were the weirdest, most socially inept, insufferable collection of people I've ever been around. And this is ME saying that, not exactly the hippest, most socially smooth dude around.

Last edited: