L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

can therapy/counseling repair lost love

garnet888

Ex-Bluelighter
I'm asking this seriously. Not out of the blue or anything like that. I hit the 20-year mark and it's been rocky. Makes me want to quit. As in QUIT. But that voice in my head says --- relax.

Are you saying you have been in the relationship for 20 years or your 20 years old?

If youve been in a relationship almost as long as ive been alive (im 23) i would say a strong yes.

Are you saying you have been in the relationship for 20 years or your 20 years old?

If youve been in a relationship almost as long as ive been alive (im 23) i would say a strong yes.

We've been together since we were 13 and now we're 33. together plus marriage = 20 years.
You mean, YES, to quit?

Nooo thats a crazy long time. Im saying give therapy and counseling a try. Sometimes you just need a little professional help.

Try it. :)

Therapists are people too, so you may or may not be a good match depending on the type of person.

I would recommend searching for "psychologists in your area", "(insert state) psychologist association" , "find a psychologist (location)". Now, call around, see if they accept couples-- and book at least THREE appointments with three different psychologists. Then you can make a decision. Most therapists also recommend individual therapy-- usually with another therapist (to avoid bias). Schedule three appts with three different therapists.

Explaining what the problems are to us might help us judge if therapy will help.
That being said - YES therapy can really help a relationship and it's best to go for it as early as possible, before anything gets worse!

Try it. :)

Therapists are people too, so you may or may not be a good match depending on the type of person.

I would recommend searching for "psychologists in your area", "(insert state) psychologist association" , "find a psychologist (location)". Now, call around, see if they accept couples-- and book at least THREE appointments with three different psychologists. Then you can make a decision. Most therapists also recommend individual therapy-- usually with another therapist (to avoid bias). Schedule three appts with three different therapists.

thanks a lot for the suggestion... exactly what I did