• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

usa Help for affording RX meds ( not a question)

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
My mom is having issues affording something she needs and so i have been researching programs. I posted to my blog about it just in case anyone else is in the same boat. I am not sure how visible blogs are hence the heads up I am posting here

Blogs are not real visible. Posting to a forum will get more input from others, though if you aren't asking a question, I'm not sure there is a reason to move the thread. Please advise.

Does she have Medicaid/Medicare?
Supplementary insurance plan?

Sometimes you can contact manufactures and receive discounts from them. You would have to fill out some forms, I'd assume they contact your pharmacy. I've heard of people doing this but don't have first hand experience.

You can also get discount cards for pharmacies at your primary doctor, usually they allow you to get 75% off if you pay cash with no insurance.

Last edited:
if you're able to expand upon the situation a bit, the Life Advice & Visual Arts forum would be the most appropriate place for this. others might also be interested to learn about any programs available to help one be able to afford their prescription meds.

My mom is having issues affording something she needs and so i have been researching programs. I posted to my blog about it just in case anyone else is in the same boat. I am not sure how visible blogs are hence the heads up I am posting here

Your blog is also set to private, so nobody can see it anyway I'm afraid. You need to make it public.