• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health anti anxiety practices?

raizanthelostone

Greenlighter
Hello guys

On benzos

I am struggling with my anxiety to the point where its becoming crippling.

Please share your experience if you have anything to offer, it would be most greatly appreciated. At the stage I am at in life I can not handle SSRI/SNRIs again as they made my life hell, and did not work effectively for me, so going back on them currently is not an option. I have a range of rituals I go through to help calm me down in anxiety or panic attacks that no longer work (rubber band technique, cold water, meditation, relaxing music etc) all that don't work.

I appreciate people here are not trained doctors but any help would be greatly appreciate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay...so you are asking about our experiences regarding alternatives, but also appreciate that we're not doctors? Sounds a bit counter-intuitive.

When you say meditation doesn't work, please elaborate.

I will keep this open for the time being, on very thin ice, changing the title.

What non-pharmcotheraputic approaches have you tried?

Stuff like different types of yoga, contemplative practice, mindfulness, qigong, tai chi, etc?

Acupuncture, massage and even hypnosis can be pretty helpful.

It's hard to beat a good therapist, but finding the right one for you may take some time/effort.

I like putting on fast music and running a few miles till im dripping sweat. It is so intense when i feel anxious it feels relatively like nothing i cant handle.

Exercise for me is the best thing for my mental health be that depression or anxiety, Give it a go!