• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sonicwhite gabapentin withdrawal mega thread

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Okay for the past five days I?ve had massive anxiety. I?m detoxing off of Kratom and gabapentin. I don?t drink but today I couldn?t handle it anymore so I drank a large can of beer and I can see why alcohol is so addictive.

It melted my anxiety away and is a social thing. So do I need to stay on the ball for any other addiction?

Last edited by a moderator:
We're all different so it's difficult to say. For me, any kind of downer is a problem and alcohol is the biggest because it's cheap and so easily accessible.

Seriously is all of this worth it

Eminem came out with his recovery album that he boasted how well he felt coming off of all that he did.

Imagining that he came off more then I ever am.

But as I go they this withdrawal I feel no hope. That the excitement is now gone and I will never have the edge I have while on gaba.

Folks does it really get better?

Folks does it really get better?
Although I'm in a bad spot now like you, I've made over year-long visits to the "promised land" and yes it does get better. Things will suck for a while, like they're sucking for me, too. The only thing that's going to heal us is time.

The physical symptoms will dissapate quickly. After that the hard part starts. You gotta put your life back together while addressing the root cause of your addiction. It's brutal but if you do that then things will certainly get better

I was five days into gabapentin withdrawals and I relapsed 300 mg of Lyrica. I highly doubt it?s going to set me back
But, this time is the hardest. Waking up w a excruciating anxiety and terror that floods my mind.

Also I ran out of Kratom so that too is setting me back.

Folks I need encouragement. I don?t know if I can do this.

Post scouring

Do any of you while in the pit of despair reads others post and get very discouraged?

I was in hell this morning and I was reading folks how they have been sober six months but def miss the high.

That?s is disheartening. I want to be free of this demon. I want to be able to teach ppl there is a better way.

You wanna feel uplifted? Go read Dale/Socal424's methadone thread. Lots of uplifting posts over there.

Take care and I hope you feel less discouraged and more inspired!

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

Do any of you while in the pit of despair reads others post and get very discouraged?

I was in hell this morning and I was reading folks how they have been sober six months but def miss the high.

That?s is disheartening. I want to be free of this demon. I want to be able to teach ppl there is a better way.

Socal424 (Dale) is probably why I'm still holding in there . He's at day 96 I believe. This man done it cold Turkey ( no comfort meds ) . I highly recommend reading his whole thread . It may take a few hrs ,but by the end you will see it's worth it to quit. He's near normal feeling now . 3 months to feel normal isn't too bad in my book after a 20 year methadone dependence. Think of people with heart problems and major auto accidents. If you told them three months they would rejoice. I know its discouraging, but you cant give up . I believe that people are stronger than we give ourselves credit.

You CAN do this Sonic!!! For sure, and we are all here to help you in any way we can!! Hang in there,

Feel free to pm me if you need,
Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

Do you guys think that taking one 300 mg lyrica set me back.?

I?m on day six.

No. I don't think 300mg's of Lyrica set you back.

You needed a reprieve from the intense, crippling panic and terror. I understand those feelings completely.

Pretty much my entire life I've suffered from anxiety and panic attacks. About 3 or so years ago, I was diagnosed w Bipolar 2.

I was put on Neurontin (gabapentin) for nerve pain which it didn't help However, it helps tone down the anxiety and panic to a more manageable level.

I've ran out of it and, for me, the w/d is worse than opiates due to the intense anxiety.

Sonic, you're doing great. You are most definitely getting to that light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there. You're so close to finishing.

During trying things and goals that I'm trying to accomplish- something I remind myself is that no one quits in the middle of a marathon. It's when you're getting close to running through that ribbon at the end- dehydrated, throwing up , etc that we all want to or do quit. It's a mind game at the end.

You ARE strong enough to get through this. I've been rooting for you You are going to be ok. ❤️

Today I seem to be doing fine. I know gabapentin withdrawals can wax and wane I hope it?s clearing up for me.

I'm stopping mine after 14 days. I'm sure I'll have a sleepless night, but I'm so tired of my foggy head and blurry vision . I get no euphoria from taking them . I'm calling dr to switch to trazodone.

We're all different so it's difficult to say. For me, any kind of downer is a problem and alcohol is the biggest because it's cheap and so easily accessible.

Ugh. Tell me about it. I'm so sick of myself. Tonight, on my way home from work, I will NOT be on autopilot, stopping at the liquor store for a plastic pint of Smirnoff. It's poison. But regardless of what I know, I have been putting it into my body every single night starting at around 6 PM when I get home from work and start making dinner and stuff. By 10 pm, I am at a place where I can fall asleep easily with my kids, which I do. My dear wife thinks I am nursing two beers. I wake up at 2 AM. Either from the reflux or just from the unnatural sleep state I have put myself in. I don't want to do this anymore. I no longer want to drink alone, or in secret.

Sorry for the rant and the thread hijacking. Something just triggered and it all spilled out. I haven't been coming to SL very much lately, mostly because I have been back to my low down dirty ways. One of my best friends IRL is in a similar headspace as I am. We have talked, and decided on: 1. No more drinking alone; and 2. No more hiding booze. It's a start I guess. I am not going to commit to the Alone rule yet, but I am going to implement #3. -- No hard liquor in my house anymore. None hidden, none kept. A few weeks ago my wife wanted a vodka drink and I jumped at the chance to go buy a bottle... that started my latest cycle of finishing the bottle and replacing it, and the spilling out and the hiding the correct amount, etc... you know what I mean.

There is about one good swig left in my house in one bottle. Most likely I'll drink it tonight and then rule #3. If the wife asks, I'll tell her I finished it and it's gone. I'll tell her I am not comfortable having it in the house because I can't say no. I'll do my best to stick to a couple beers and cannabis.

End rant for real this time. And again, I am sorry.

Oh, and Sonic. What you are doing -- kicking kratom, is what led me down this latest booze-riddles rabbit hole. Please don't do what I do -- replace opiates/kratom with alcohol.

Krazikat I feel for you buddy. I'm am back to drinking 1-2 bottles of wine a night, or half a 1/5th of rum ugh. Still on the kratom taper though. Doing it very slowly. Down to 1tsp in the morning and one at lunch =D

The withdrawals are not too bad

In 2017 I was yanked off of three mg a day of klonopin for seven years. It was Dante?s inferno. I would be in the house and a massive delusion would hit.

I either thought I was actually dead or that it was the end of the world. More stressful then detox in 05 from a lot of drugs. In 05 I didn?t know what was going on so the psychosis wasn?t all that anxiety bad.

Benzos are definitely demonic in the sense that once you get addicted there so hard to come off of.

Day seven is almost here and most of the physical withdrawals are gone. Still wake up with massive anxiety that I never treated properly.

I thought gabapentin withdrawals was going to be the new klonopin withdrawals but there is a vast difference.