• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sonicwhite gabapentin withdrawal mega thread

Good job my friend,

3 weeks is amazing!!! You got this now, I know it doesn't feel like it, but with each day that passes you do get better. Hugs, here if you need anything Sonic.
Ash.

Almost three weeks into the withdrawals. I can?t quite figure out whether I?m healing or not. I don?t have nightmares anymore but the morning anxiety is brutal.

I?m also in Kratom which is taking most the punch away.

Does the fog ever lift? Does the brain ever repair itself.

I?ve taken three doses of lyrica. One on day 5, 10 and today.

I don?t think I?ve set myself back. It?s amazing how well the drugs make you feel normal but the brain is trying to cope without it.

I wake up w massive anxiety. Panic attacks from hell.

Free floating anxiety and just cog fog. Please someone encourage me.

Sonic be patient with yourself. Recovering from addiction is a good news bad news scenario. The bad news is that it can take up to seven years for the brain to heal itself. The good news is that the vast majority of that healing takes place in the first year. That is what a rehab psychiatrist told me.

Today marks three weeks. I?ve had lyrica every five to ten days but it hasn?t effected me or set me back.

I will say that it does get easier.

I?m not going to say I?m not going to have anymore bad days, but will say I?m looking forward to life in this new state.

Does the fog ever lift? Does the brain ever repair itself.

I?ve taken three doses of lyrica. One on day 5, 10 and today.

I don?t think I?ve set myself back. It?s amazing how well the drugs make you feel normal but the brain is trying to cope without it.

I wake up w massive anxiety. Panic attacks from hell.

Free floating anxiety and just cog fog. Please someone encourage me.

How do you expect your brain to heal when you're still taking drugs from the class of drugs that you're waiting for your brain to recover from using? Why would you think that taking lyrica wouldn't set you back?

I feel better. I can resist taking them but when things get bad I need some room to think

I?m not taking them constantly. Only when I need them. Trust me my brain is healing. The more days go by the more I?m seeing improvements. Not because I?m took something but because I see the benefits of not taking it.

I agree with Rio , for the brain to get back to normal, you got to totally lay them down. I took tramadol during methadone wd and regret it because it added extra WD side effects. Just be careful .

I feel better. I can resist taking them but when things get bad I need some room to think

I?m not taking them constantly. Only when I need them. Trust me my brain is healing. The more days go by the more I?m seeing improvements. Not because I?m took something but because I see the benefits of not taking it.

It makes sense that you'd feel better for a few days after taking them since withdrawal from GABAergics and gabepentinoids in particular is notoriously long-lasting. Any reduction in drug use is progress, so while you're still better off taking them sparsely, in order to return totally to normal you will have to cut them out completely.

Well yesterday sucked. Ramped up anxiety. I guess even taking a little will rekindle. Note to self. Stay on coarse.

It will get better sonic, give it time, it's coming. You need to be more kind and patient with yourself okay?

And we are all here to help you, don't forget that.

Here for you anytime my friend,
Ash.

Well yesterday sucked. Ramped up anxiety. I guess even taking a little will rekindle. Note to self. Stay on coarse.

26 days

Yesterday about 12:00 in the afternoon I just started to feel a lot better.

Not counting the three time I took lyrica but I?ve been off of it almost a month.

I can tell you folks and between 1 and 2 where the hardest. I?m hoping it?s not just a waxing and waning symptoms but that I am actually coming out of it.

I?m 27 days sober from any gabapentin. The days are going by a lot smoother.

Sonic , reading what you went through made me realize that gabapentin is best used short term . I still have a bottle with about 70 pills in it that will be in my medicine cabinet for those just in case times . I also read the gabapentin mega thread on the withdrawal stories. I guess since I was going through the opiate WD that I never got a good feeling luckily. I'm glad your feeling better.

I've been on gabapentin for four years and I'll probably be on it for the rest of my life, or at least a very long time, at this point. I'm just thankful my anxiety and panic disorder isn't so bad that I'm one of those people that will have to take benzos the rest of their life.

Seriously called the doc asking could we put me back on it.

I talked to my gf and she was like that?s not a good idea.

Yesterday my anxiety ramped up a few notches. Please folks someone here convince me to stick w it.

You really should start feeling better soon. If you don't I think you should see a phychiatrist. There are other non gaba system options for anxiety