• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sonicwhite gabapentin withdrawal mega thread

Yeah it's nothing like major benzo withdrawal. It still sucks though

Nothing I've ever experienced has ever come close to Benzo withdrawal... literal hell, never again.

Glad to hear things are doing alright for you.

I've been through benzo w/d from bingeing on them. I used to have an RX for #90 1mg xanax w 2 refills. A month
That I was able to refill every 12 or 15 days Yeahh. My God. I no longer take benzos regularly. Occasionally.

I would take #90 in a 3 day period. Yes. I'm not proud of that. And when I ran out, I had re-bound anxiety, vomitting and had a unrelenting, sickening headache for about 72hrs straight. Couldn't sleep etc.

Neurontin w/d for me, is hell on Earth. I've been through the severest of opiate w/d and detoxes- Neurontin w/d is worse. I feel like I'm losing my mind. The anxiety, panic, terror and racing thoughts are unbearable on top of the physical symptoms that are very similar to opiate w/d.

That being said, I honestly don't know how you guys and girls got through long-term benzo usage w/d! From what I've learned about it here on BL; I actually feel w/d symptoms reading about it.

I'm glad for all you guys that have that behind you. It really does sound beyond horrible.

I don't drink, but haven't been posting cause I'm struggling through getting on Subutex. That struck s chord with me. Sorry for the interruption.

Sonic, you're doing alot at once. It's very difficult not to get a reprieve - however possible- when suffering a majority of the time. You're doing great.

^^Good idea hik. If you don't need them and making you feel shitty then stop.

Neurontin was/is life-changing for me. Turned down my anxiety and panic a few decibels.

I remember thinking after I was put on them, "So this is what normal people feel like." My life was full of anxiety, panic attacks and always had this cloak of gloom over it. So the pros outweigh the cons for me.

But yeah, if it doesn't agree w you it's good to not take it.

I quit my gabapentin the night before last . I was just taking it it for opiate withdrawal RLS. The rls is back ,but thanks to you guys I quit them before I got hooked. No WD's at all from taking them 2 weeks.

I merged some of your threads together sonicwhite so you could get better replies. People seeing the entire situation will help them give better advice.

Hello my dear friend Sonic!!

Just popping in to say I'm thinking of you, how are you doing today?

Hugs,
you friend,
Ash.

cj you're the BEST!!!

Hugs,
Ash,

P.S,
How you doin? ; )

I merged some of your threads together sonicwhite so you could get better replies. People seeing the entire situation will help them give better advice.

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The nights of wonder
With friends surrounding
The dawn mist glowing
The water flowing
The endless river
Forever and ever

PF
High hopes.

Your doing good . Keep it up . I bet food is tastier. Those gabapentin will mess with flavors. One more reason for not going back =D

Day 11 of no gabapentin. I?m not sure if there has been any improvement.

Kratom has taken most the punch away. Thursday I ordered three hundred grams of Meang da but it wasn?t shipped out so today I get an extra 109 for the mess up but that will make me four days into withdrawals.

I don?t know if it?s worth going back on it if I go that long without it.

Hi sonic,

Wow day 11 is so great!! Keep up the great work my friend!!

here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ash.
Day 11 of no gabapentin. I?m not sure if there has been any improvement.

Kratom has taken most the punch away. Thursday I ordered three hundred grams of Meang da but it wasn?t shipped out so today I get an extra 109 for the mess up but that will make me four days into withdrawals.

I don?t know if it?s worth going back on it if I go that long without it.

The fear I was going to have a seizure was my biggest drawback. I?m fully out of that window.

I think the search engine really messes with ppl wanting off of these types of drugs.

Benzos on the other hand I had two grand mal seizure when I was yanked off of that.

I?m staying on coarse Ash.

Hope your day is lovely!

Do any of you while in the pit of despair reads others post and get very discouraged?

I was in hell this morning and I was reading folks how they have been sober six months but def miss the high.

That?s is disheartening. I want to be free of this demon. I want to be able to teach ppl there is a better way.

I was clean from bupe for 6 or 7 months and relapsed, but after a few more months of use I got sick of using again and gave up and have been clean for years. No regrets, glad I'm off opiates/bupe now.

Guys I won?t lie. Out of nearly the two weeks I?ve been off of this I?ve taken lyrica twice. Once on day 5 and once yesterday.

I?m scared that I screwed up my detox. I?m about to tell my pharmacist to tear up the gabapentin script because this is the longest I?ve ever went without gaba.

Please someone reassure me I didn?t screw things up.

You may be extending the process, but I'm not too sure about going through full WDs again . Are lyrica longer acting? If so you may be going through it all over . I wish I could help you more.

Almost three weeks into the withdrawals. I can?t quite figure out whether I?m healing or not. I don?t have nightmares anymore but the morning anxiety is brutal.

I?m also in Kratom which is taking most the punch away.

I'm right there with you. The patience starts to wear thin . Keep telling yourself "one more day" . Have you exercised or do some work that keeps you moving. I've found that about 3 hrs of lite work helps my anxiety and I calm down enough to get some sleep naturally. I've never been dependent on gaba , but I've definitely done the benzo thing years ago and the anxiety is horrible for a few weeks afterwards. Just remember that this will end and you will be back to yourself soon. 3 weeks is kicking butt , keep it up .