L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Falling For Someone Moving Across Country

llama112

Bluelight Crew
I finally met a new guy who really intrigued me and I was interested in him back. He did tell me upfront so no hiding. But he is moving across the country in August. I met him early June. He has reminded me a couple times. But I've still gotten attached darn it. And he says he feels bad because I always talk about friends and for example yesterday a bunch of my friends were pretty awful to me (not friends anymore.....) but still.
We're not dating. It's obvious we like each other. We've slept together. We're both 27. It's so frustrating because I have extreme feelings so I am always thinking ohmygosh worst thing in the world but I mean, we HAVE only known each other for two months even though it was an instant connection.
I haven't asked a lot about his trip because I don't want to indicate I'm wanting a long distance relationship as I really don't know if I could do that or if he could.

For August-September or September-October, I will be traveling anyway (different country). So we wouldn't see each other then. But my job is also remote, is it that crazy to think that I could go visit him for a couple weeks once in a while? It's a 17 hour flight, about 1.5k return flight. The place that I'm visiting (I can visit up to 3 months) is a 14 hour flight and around $600 round flight. Money is not a huge issue and the lease for my apartment is done in October anyway (I can continue if I want but month to month).

So I don't know if he's there for one year or five years or what. I know his job there. I mean of course he doesn't want to date someone right before he goes over there from here, that's soooo inconvenient. I don't even know WHEN in August. I mean it's July 23 right now. He could be moving away in a week and a half. Or three weeks. Who knows. June 29th he said just over a month left here so I'm not sure what that means.

We both go out to events and we went out and it he drove me home because of the difficult time with my friends and it was only like ten minutes out of his way. Of course I invite him up and we are just chilling and listening to music and then next thing you know we're having sex and cuddling and it's like nothing else even matters except there is clearly something else very important that matters :( I know I'm not just some random girl to him too. He was probably here for like ten hours, I wasn't keeping track, but I think so. But really what can you do? It's not like you've been dating for years or anything. He says sometimes I can be too much but in a good way (I don't know how that can be good but hey) and he seems to like my craziness (not sure how still). What he has to say, he thinks it's boring for some reason, maybe like how I think my stories are boring, but they aren't to him, and we're both pretty smart in different areas and he knows the situation about my legal separated husband passing awaway and IDK it's so easy to talk to him and even some of his jokes I get (he has a WEIRD sense of humour) and he gets some of my jokes which, again, really weird. We seem to be so close to on the same level maturity wise. Both have income but also still want to enjoy life and have fun and party and stuff when we can. We like the same music, same animals, a lot of those small random things

Just seems like I've finally found someone decent and he is moving away right away. Whyyyyy! I don't want to seem needy or anything like I should try to control him or anything because I would never want that.

But darn it, we've broken already most of the "friends with benefits" rules.
- messaging daily
- sex being more than "just sex"
- making out before he leaves my apartment
- hanging out outside just sex
- clearly emotions involved here (on both sides but moreso me for sure)
- told him a lot of personal info about me and vice versa
(just basic "rules" that I have heard of lol)

And we have the same social crowd.My closest friends are friends iwth him, his closest friends are friends with me. Like he has a full name (which my friends, who all met him before I did, refer to him by). But then I refer to him by his short form name. Like at the event I asked my friend if "Steve" was upstairs where my friend just was and he's like "Steve? Oh Steven!" that kinda thing.

I guess I did make the choice to pursue it so far when I could've stopped much earlier

Even some of the messages he sends are either typical pick-up lines or whatever aha or it just makes it seem like he's genuinely interested. "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" He's come to events just cuz I'm going to be there. Geeky jokes. I told him about this funny "test" I use on people and he finds it hilarious and brings it up from time to time. I apologise because I messaged too much and he is always reassuring "don't have you say sorry!!!!! it's okay!!!! I will reply!!!! Sometimes just give me some time" (I do have a habit of writing a lot.). Says he wants to hang out and whatnot although needs to initialize it more.
One reason I probably like him is because he seems interested in ME and not just my looks but I've managed to get a few compliments that way as of lately.

I'm not sure what I should be thinking when he leaves. Should I even be thinking I should be spending time with him now when he could be spending time wiht his friends and family? He didn't go to an event the other day because we were having fun just hanging out and stuff.

llama,

I thought from another post on this forum you posted in July on being unable to move on after an ex dies was a problem, but now you are telling us that you have been dating this new man since June???? What is going on with those two things? Fill us in so we can understand cause this does not make any sense.

Last edited:
a few years ago - 2011 - i met a woman here in south lake. on our first date she told me she had a job interview - for a job in boston - the next day. we had been dating for about a month when she got the news that she got the job. so our options were basically break up, do the long-distance thing, or i could move to boston and we could move in together. life is short and she was great - i decided to pack up and move across the country to move in with this woman i had been with for a month. we moved back to california in 2012 and lived together for about another 4 years. we went our separate ways a couple of years ago but i don't regret the decision for a second.

life is short. what does your heart tell you?

alasdair

I've known him since June yeah but it's been VERY mixed up feelings cuz can't get over ex but finally I'm like okay I think I can do this, date someone, and this situation happens.
I just feel like I almost finally started moving on or knowing that I can or something but then sometimes I just go back like why isn't my ex here he would know what to do he'd give me the right advice he'd help me figure this stuff out.

My ex was just very unique. This guy is unique as well in different ways but I need to date someone who is fairly intelligent and also kinda weird and my ex was weird and this guy is weird.... both in good ways.

I know what my heart tells me. BUT it's usually wrong. I get attached too easily. Although I got attached before sex but that could be because I have very minimal friends right now and uhhh he talks to me and does like me obvously aha. But maybe getting attached for the wrong reasons. He's so confusing. He clearly likes me. But what can you do when you're moving (what I'm assuming is in his mind). Probably does not want to lead me and hurt me to be honest he's a pretty nice guy. And from his view, he's moving to another country, does he really want to be dating someone when he goes there?
He is well aware of me wanting to travel and going to travel (I have and I have another trip planned). Never suggested even visiting him there or anything along the lines of that. It just seems like hey it'll be done when it's done.

But when we were hanging out the most recent time it just seemed so normal and right and darn it like I could see myself being able handle this (in regards to my ex who passed away) and it was all good and he WANTED to spend time with me and chill with me. But then he also (again, I think he just doesn't want us to get too close cuz obviously nothing will work out) sometimes seems to avoid but it's not like he doesn't like talking to me we could talk for hours or whatever like it's crazy I don't know.

I think you should go with the flow. It's going well. Just go with the flow. He's leaving August. You're going to be traveling. Maybe you can see him again, maybe you won't be able to.

You are thinking a lot. Paranoid.... that things will go wrong? Worrying..... that you will mess things up? Fearing getting attached and then hurt? I'm taking some guessing here. There are a lot of worst case scenarios.

What are the best cases?

Can you be happy... about the experiences thus far?
Can you appreciate..... a good man?
Can you be hopeful.... for the future?

And can you please geez woman TRY TO RELAX?!?

:)

LOL. Who knows with me, worried about everything really, I mean if we were both staying here I'd want to date him but that is not happening soooo. I also can't try and convince him to get into a long distance relationship, I feel like that is way too soon and also unrealistic and something neither of us would really want.
Yeahhhhhh gotta relax :p

Idk if you remember me. I posted in slr years ago, when I first joined. I've been gone from bl for almost 2 years but came back a few days ago.

I came into slr wondering if you're still here and found this thread. I'm sorry to hear about your ex. I can't imagine. I'm here if you ever need to talk. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Hope things are going well otherwise.

Take care.

LOL. Who knows with me, worried about everything really, I mean if we were both staying here I'd want to date him but that is not happening soooo. I also can't try and convince him to get into a long distance relationship, I feel like that is way too soon and also unrealistic and something neither of us would really want.
Yeahhhhhh gotta relax :p
Relax. Chill.. So anything happen?

I mean I'm sure technically I could but it's not even an actual relationship really it's so confusing. We sleep together, we hang out together, but that's that lol