• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how fast to get dope sick again.

Mctool13

Greenlighter
I have an old using buddy who says once addicted to dope always addicted to dope. as in to say that even after you've detoxed and cleared out and your not sick anymore or anything that just one dose of dope would make you totally addicted again and you'd have to go through sickness and withdrawal all over again. Instead of lets say a first timer/opiate na?ve person who needs a few days or more of doses to develop a real sickness inducing habit. I am not looking to be able to use occasionally I just think it sounds like bogus that if your not addicted anymore that you would get totally addicted way way quicker than the average person, who also is not addicted (since your also not addicted anymore either) and I was just wondering is this really true or not?

like, once I'm fully detoxed and clean and I'm not sick or anything anymore would I go right back to the beginning of dope sickness and have to start all over again if I did one dose? it sounds like bull to me, but who knows, that's why I'm asking.
Thank you very much in advance for any and all help.
It's greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the long questions and thank you very much in advance for the replies

I really appreciate the help.

5 Days of use with good dope, two weeks of use with poor quality; cravings kick in as Hell after the physiologically WD, so yes, relapse is most common. (definitely at that point)

(Best Dope I can get is white with a pinkish shine to it, powder, but even by just sniffing it, it makes you over the top euphoric and nodding off, even for sniffing better to have a nose-spray Narcan next to you! I tested it for Fent, none present! - so that's really good Dope, makes me Dopesick after three days, but it's an expensive one, this one, tho I am not an addict actually, I find, mentally, Coke to be way more addictive, hence my Coke addiction...)

ps: I'm a sucker for the deadly (sadly enough) combo Speedball - but turns a comedown from coke/freebase into euphoric nodding, so I try to use most the times I use Opioids to only use the most of it for the comedown, but I do Speedball; tho I don't advocate this because the dangers of a Speedball, I find it to be the best combo there is...

thanks for the reply. I hear ya about the mental part being a bitch and forcing you basically to relapse into a full habit. Also, I feel you on the sppedball thing, it's amazing!However, I just gotta know, if I'm say 10 days or so off heroin (and therefore my withdrawal symptoms are basically over) plus I went to this medical detox where they gave me a naloxone shot every day so apparently, according to them, my brain is like it never did opiates (who knows if that's true for real). However, would doing dope once or twice over the course of like one day throw me right back to square one with withdrawals? or is it now again like it was in the beginning, when I was opiate naive, and I'd have to do it for atleast a few days straight to re-catch a sickness inducing habit?Im not really planning on using but I'm really curious as to if something that seemingly bizarre is true or niot.Thanx a ton in advance.

It would throw you pretty close to square one in my experience. Close enough not to be worth it, at least.

It takes a few weeks of regular use to first become dependant on opiates, but after the first withdrawal period, physical withdrawals can reemerge with as little as 2 or 3 days of use.

Since you've only been clean for 10 days, you will probably be delaying your recovery by a couple weeks in exchange for one day of relief. I'd stick it out because chances are you will feel significantly better in a few days than you do now, and significantly worse in a few days if you relapse.

We're here for you.

Been a heroin addict for 20yrs and what your friend said is absolutely correct. The longer and the more withdrawals you have it comes back quicker and quicker. One days use and I will feel discomfort the next day. 10 days ain't shit in the grand scheme of recovery. Your receptors are still wired for that high. Using will definitely put you back on the express to fuckedville.

Yeah, sounds about right. I have been a heavy addict for about 1 and a half years myself, not as much as some here. Still, it seems now all I have to do is use heroin for 2 days straight (I do use consecutively throughout the day) and I'm already having early withdrawal symptoms. Really confused me at first.

I've never used heroin myself, but I have often heard people talk about the notion of tolerance & withdrawal sensitisation - i.e. that the longer you've been using it, the faster tolerance builds, and subsequently the faster you end up with WDs. To me this sounds like some kind of homeostatic/compensation system in the brain, and so logically should fade over time; on the other hand, I have no idea what exactly that timescale is, and haven't seen any real in-depth discussions of it.

definitely real. kindling effect. its not going in circles its spiraling downward/out of control. each time around the same thing but worse

I was a heavy opiate user for many years, mostly using IR oxycodone and fentanyl patches. I eventually got on Suboxone but was offered methadone pills (90mg a day) for back pain instead of the subs. My doctor lost his license and could no longer get his methadone, and decided in early 2013 to go cold turkey and stick out the withdrawals and managed to stay clean since then, minus a couple brief relapses.

I decided I wanted to get high on H and bought a bundle (which lasted 3 days), took a week off, and is currently doing the same thing. No withdrawals occurred (not using it intravenously) the first time and so far this time around does not have any withdrawals this time around either.

If you are doing this after being clean for only 10 days, I think you will definitely go back into your old patterns (withdrawal wise and having close to the same tolerance). Keep us updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
a week of daily use with a common opiate will give you some symptoms. unless you know what they are you may not notice them. in the future it will seem like theye come quicker and are worse but that has to be psychological. i haven't read any papers proving this. so it's just drug user lore in my opinion

If your thinking about it like that its the addiction creeping and reservations u have somewhere inside. Gotta get rid of those. But if you are just getying over withdrawals or just about it will def. Be going straight backwards and prolong the sickness