View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

So, I think I have PTSD from a bad trip, and DPDR with severe daily deja vu

s1nergy

Greenlighter
During my 1st acid trip, i had like, a premonition, its like, i'v seen everything that's happening to me now, but i saw it back in April, on my 1st trip. This, i can remember, it was vague then, like a really hazy dream, and its like i'm living through it all, and i remember it as it goes, like, i swear to god i'v seen this happen during my 1st trip, and its like, soon ill wake up from this, and ill be in my 1st trip, except, ill be in the bad part of it, where i thought i was getting arrested. I could see police, and police lights, and hear the sirens, and everything, it was so realistic, but i know it couldn't have been real, it was just a trip

So why does it feel like that's what happened?

All the events leading up to the bad trip seem to line up with the bad trip perfectly, like my friends dad, before the bad part started, he said stuff such as "Someone tipped them off" and "You guys are on heavy shit, you don't realize whats happening" as if cops were there, like, we were getting arrested, and its like, when he said this, i had ego... Something, not death as I still knew who i was, i couldn't quite remember where i was, what i was, where i came from, and started to lose who i was, but, i held, on, i fought so hard to hold on, i could feel myself letting go, but, then coming back, and as this happened, i was collapsing, i tried to shut down my body in a way so i could just experience it, but then i would stand up, then collapse, then stand up, then collapse, i was completely blinded by visuals, so i had no idea what was happening, i could only see black, and geometric colored shapes, then i saw the police and being arrested, like, I saw the lights, hears the sirens, saw the cops walk in, sorry i side tracked, but it feels like that's all this reality is, is my ego death, and soon, ill wake up from it, and be in the bad trip, as if that actually happened, but i know it couldn't have, but, why would my friends dad say stuff that would indicate the police being there? Why would he act so worried and nervous if police weren't there? Why would he say this to 3 tripping teenagers (17 at the time, 18 now)

(me being the only one who freaked out, as i have a fear of being arrested, fear of failure, fear of humiliation, i know all of this was brought out during the trip and thats what it was, as i, well, pissed myself in the bad trip, and was just, ya know, humiliated, but I couldn't let go)

In the course of 3 months, aside from my last acid trip that was on June 23rd, i tripped 2 other times and smoked weed regularly in large amounts, sometimes when i smoked i would get "flashbacks" like, images of the bad trip, i could remember a female officer talking to me, i could remember seeing myself being pulled from the RV i was tripping in and seeing my parents, standing there, looking at me with shame, sadness, and worst of all, like they had given up on me, or were just, resentful of me, now, while none of this happened, it still affected me.

Sorry if im rambling on like i usually do, i think im starting to make sense of it, but my ego, i guess, is just fighting so hard to stay, and i think that may be whats causing all these issues, but i dont want to risk taking psychedelics again, in fear of me not being able to handle it, or just, exasperating these issues

anyways...

Is horribly intense ass deja vu a normal symptom? I have it every day, and I can't stand it anymore, I can't even have one conversation without damn near remembering that exact thing happen before, it's like, as it happens, I remember everything people say, what I say, it's just, it's horrible, and that's the main thing I want to stop.

Just today, I was at a friend's place for the 1st time, and he had this like, metal fake camera decoration, and I can swear to God I've seen that situation before, like, the placement of the camera, the vase next to it, everything, I took a picture on my phone to remember it, and I know I've seen that exact fucking picture somewhere before it happened, what the fuck is this.

What supplements can I take for this, or what things can I do that will make that go away, I'm mainly worried about that, as it feeds the rest of my symptoms, kind of. I think it may be PTSD as I'm constantly reminded of the trip and still feel like I'm in it, sometimes I hear the sirens, I just, feel like, I'm living in a dream, and soon, I'll wake up in either, an asylum, in my 1st trip, or just wake up from going crazy in my house, I need help, has anyone else had police related trips, but no actual police, has anyone thought their bad trip was reality? I don't want to go crazy, I don't want to end up like one of those people who trip for the rest of their life, but, I'm worried that's already happening, and this is the trip, as I said earlier, I caught a glimpse of something during that 1st trip, like, idfk, I just want help

Last edited:
Unfortunately, combining weed with psychedelics can cause all sorts of nutty stuff like this. It's not permanent, so don't worry about that. If you want to get better:

1) Abandon weed.

2) You can low dose your way out of this. Steer clear of psilocybin. Start off with 1/4 tab (30ug) of LSD, and do that same amount repeatedly until you feel totally comfortable.
Dose only once in a session, and avoid mixing it with any other drugs for say, the first year.

3) If all goes well, increase this to 1/3 tab (40ug) and hold it there for a good while. Advance no more than 1/4 tab (30ug) after that. The rule is START SMALL AND INCH FORWARD.

If you follow these instructions exactly, you will eventually find your way back to a more confident state of mind
. But it could take you a year or longer to fully recover, so be patient.

peace and love

Last edited:
Have you told me this in the other thread I posted? I think you did, but, is there another way to do this other than psychs? I don't trust taking LSD again because I'm scared that, it would make it worse, I don't think I'm the right person to be doing LSD and besides, my dad had schizophrenia, I don't want to exasperate it

It literally sometimes feels like, this is all a delusion, and I'll wake up in that bad trip, as if that's reality, however I know it's not, that's why I'm scared I have PTSD because I'm being brought back to that trip, and I was just, full of fear during it, it was, kind of ,traumatic, so...

Ah, I don't think I got that you have a family history of schizophrenia. In that case, you certainly should be exceptionally careful with psychedelics, and possibly abstain altogether.

If you are experiencing psychotic symptoms, I strongly advise you to stop smoking weed completely, and see if that helps. Weed can sustain and even amplify the symptoms you describe. Chances are, if you put that down, eat well and exercise, you'll be alright in time. Stay with us.

always,

Last edited:
Ah, I don't think I got that you have a family history of schizophrenia. In that case, you certainly should be exceptionally careful with psychedelics, and possibly abstain altogether.

If you are experiencing psychotic symptoms, I strongly advise you to stop smoking weed completely, and see if that helps. Weed can sustain and even amplify the symptoms you describe. Chances are, if you put that down, eat well and exercise, you'll be alright in time. Stay with us.

always,

thank you, for the time being, i have just went cold turkey on weed, and im staying away from LSD, but, i do think what i got is PTSD, i mean, things such as smells, certain flashes of light, tastes in my mouth, red and blue together, it just puts me in mind of the bad trip, but, what i dont get is the deja vu, maybe thats from the DPDR caused by this as well? ive heard deja vu is somewhat common in DPDR

You're stuck in a hologram.

Nothing is real. except your bills and lucid dreaming.

You're stuck in a hologram.

Nothing is real. except your bills and lucid dreaming.

I'm inclined to agree with this. :)

OP just lay off everything for awhile and take some time for yourself. Go hiking, meditate, spend time with loved ones. You had a little break with reality but that's okay you'll find peace again. Really consider laying off the weed because it'll drag this out and make it worse. A lot of people forget just how powerful cannabis is and combined with something like LSD it can really bring out those effects. You don't have to "trip your way out" and while I won't call that bad advice I do think taking some time to be totally sober will help you find peace again. After you've figured it out you can start experimenting again from a better state of mind.

I can promise that if you lay off things like HPPD, the deja vu, and depersonalization will go away. The trick with that is you have to try to stop paying so much attention to it. The longer you sit analyzing every dot you see or every weird coincidence the longer it'll hang around. This is why I said I'm inclined to agree that life is a simulation. I figured that out during a DMT trip once and it messed with me for a long time. Now I've just accepted that even if it's a simulation, and even if I can sometimes predict things through dreaming (I have major deja vu too) that it doesn't matter because I can't do anything about it anyway. So I don't focus on the things I can't do anything about I focus on just having fun everyday. If life really is a video game you might as well go for the high score.

Last edited:
I'm inclined to agree with this. :)

OP just lay off everything for awhile and take some time for yourself. Go hiking, meditate, spend time with loved ones. You had a little break with reality but that's okay you'll find peace again. Really consider laying off the weed because it'll drag this out and make it worse. A lot of people forget just how powerful cannabis is and combined with something like LSD it can really bring out those effects. You don't have to "trip your way out" and while I won't call that bad advice I do think taking some time to be totally sober will help you find peace again. After you've figured it out you can start experimenting again from a better state of mind.

I can promise that if you lay off things like HPPD, the deja vu, and depersonalization will go away. The trick with that is you have to try to stop paying so much attention to it. The longer you sit analyzing every dot you see or every weird coincidence the longer it'll hang around. This is why I said I'm inclined to agree that life is a simulation. I figured that out during a DMT trip once and it messed with me for a long time. Now I've just accepted that even if it's a simulation, and even if I can sometimes predict things through dreaming (I have major deja vu too) that it doesn't matter because I can't do anything about it anyway. So I don't focus on the things I can't do anything about I focus on just having fun everyday. If life really is a video game you might as well go for the high score.
Thanks, it's just hard, in 3 days, it will have officially been a month (31 days) since my last (and, for this time in my life, final) trip, which was 40ug and some bong rips, this is what really brought it all out, before this, though, I experienced deja Vu after my 3rd trip, I've made the continuous error of smoking weed while tripping, which, I'm sure, has caused a lot of the issues, however, I'm still just gonna stay away from substances for a good while, I feel like I'm living in a dream I had on my 1st trip tbh, and it scares me :-( , but, im sure I can bounce back from this

Thanks, it's just hard, in 3 days, it will have officially been a month (31 days) since my last (and, for this time in my life, final) trip, which was 40ug and some bong rips, this is what really brought it all out, before this, though, I experienced deja Vu after my 3rd trip, I've made the continuous error of smoking weed while tripping, which, I'm sure, has caused a lot of the issues, however, I'm still just gonna stay away from substances for a good while, I feel like I'm living in a dream I had on my 1st trip tbh, and it scares me :-( , but, im sure I can bounce back from this

You'll bounce back just hang in there! I had a loooooooong bout of daily dosing various research chemicals a couple of years ago and I felt like I was permafried when I eventually stopped. For months it was like I was living in a cartoon and was still tripping. Everything had trails behind it when in motion, I had a lot of deja vu, concerning dreams, felt like I could predict things (and often did) and my vision got so bad at one point that I could barely see upon waking. I'd always wake up to a sea of visuals/snow.

For me I think things started to go back to mostly normal around 3 months of abstaining. It wasn't all at once and it got better day by day and not dwelling on it helped the most of all. I did smoke cannabis several times during that period and I'm sure it made my recovery slower. I recall smoking a joint with a friend one day and getting such an intense feeling. It was like I was coming up on a heavy trip and I started seeing wild visuals. I had to take a few moments for myself and calm down and I found myself back to baseline quickly. Even now weed has a tendency to cause this where it didn't before and for a long time I didn't think I'd be able to enjoy it again without using benzos with it. It's now 2-3 years later and I'm feeling much better.

Also on the subject of tripping your way out: I came to peace with a lot of things in my life including these problems through the use of DMT. The first DMT trip I had really helped me out a lot and it may be something you might want to try. I must stress that I did this after a long period of abstaining from all other drugs. I should also mention that I would go on to use it a little too often in the months that followed along with LSD. This would cause a bit of a relapse with the symptoms I was having but I caught it early and it wore off within a week or so.

All the best, if you are having trouble making it through come on back and the nice folks here will listen and attempt to help. We aren't a replacement for a doctor of course but I'm of the opinion that medicating for these problems just makes them worse. Try not to fall into the trap of using benzos to combat the symptoms. I did that myself and it just prolonged the suffering.

You'll bounce back just hang in there! I had a loooooooong bout of daily dosing various research chemicals a couple of years ago and I felt like I was permafried when I eventually stopped. For months it was like I was living in a cartoon and was still tripping. Everything had trails behind it when in motion, I had a lot of deja vu, concerning dreams, felt like I could predict things (and often did) and my vision got so bad at one point that I could barely see upon waking. I'd always wake up to a sea of visuals/snow.

For me I think things started to go back to mostly normal around 3 months of abstaining. It wasn't all at once and it got better day by day and not dwelling on it helped the most of all. I did smoke cannabis several times during that period and I'm sure it made my recovery slower. I recall smoking a joint with a friend one day and getting such an intense feeling. It was like I was coming up on a heavy trip and I started seeing wild visuals. I had to take a few moments for myself and calm down and I found myself back to baseline quickly. Even now weed has a tendency to cause this where it didn't before and for a long time I didn't think I'd be able to enjoy it again without using benzos with it. It's now 2-3 years later and I'm feeling much better.

Also on the subject of tripping your way out: I came to peace with a lot of things in my life including these problems through the use of DMT. The first DMT trip I had really helped me out a lot and it may be something you might want to try. I must stress that I did this after a long period of abstaining from all other drugs. I should also mention that I would go on to use it a little too often in the months that followed along with LSD. This would cause a bit of a relapse with the symptoms I was having but I caught it early and it wore off within a week or so.

All the best, if you are having trouble making it through come on back and the nice folks here will listen and attempt to help. We aren't a replacement for a doctor of course but I'm of the opinion that medicating for these problems just makes them worse. Try not to fall into the trap of using benzos to combat the symptoms. I did that myself and it just prolonged the suffering.
Thanks, the simplest things can set this off, like, blue and red lights, bright white lights, smells, tastes, it sucks