• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Doctor warns stressed-out students buying 'smart drugs' online to help them stay awak

d1nach

Bluelighter
Doctor warns stressed-out students buying 'smart drugs' online to help them stay awake and study could be HARMING their long-term health by limiting their sleep
Natalie Corner
Daily Mail
July 19th, 2018

Students have been warned over the dangers of taking a so-called 'smart drug' in a bid to help them study.

Channel 4 series Live Well For Longer spoke to university undergraduates who have taken prescription-only drug Modafinil in the hope of improving their concentration and staying awake longer.

The drug, also known as Provigial, was developed to treat narcolepsy, stimulating sufferers and helping them to stay awake.

Professor James Rowe, of Cambridge University's neuroscience department, explained students are incorrectly using the drug without fully understanding the side effects - and warned it could cause long-term damage to their health.

Professor Rowe explained sleep plays a crucial role in keeping the body healthy and taking Modafinil throws this out of balance.

Read the full story here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you S.J.P.! I tried on my phone and it kept clearing my text every browser change to get the links then i tried deleting it and it didnt work either. Maybe its because im on my phone i tried switching to full browser and it still didnt work.

Anyway thats all off topic thanks for fixing it.

Thank you S.J.P.! I tried on my phone and it kept clearing my text every browser change to get the links then i tried deleting it and it didnt work either. Maybe its because im on my phone i tried switching to full browser and it still didnt work.

Anyway thats all off topic thanks for fixing it.

No problem! If you are using Chrome as your browser with an Android phone (not sure if it's the same for iPhone), you can click the three vertical dots in the top-right corner and select "Desktop site." After that the forum should look and work just like it does on a desktop computer.