Site Feedback Can we categorize "other drugs" in a more accessible way

D.pharm

Bluelighter
I think it would be a lot better to have distinct forums for distinct classes of the drugs that are discussed here.
Possible?

This idea gets floated periodically. I am not convinced either way; can I ask, what would seperating drugs across forums achieve that the PREFIX system (currently in place) does not?

I would fear that it might dilute traffic and prevent that sort of lateral movement of knowledge you get when a diverse class of drug users from different walks of life combine.

It would certainly be possible but whether it is neccesary or not is the question.

Thank for the input :)

While I'm not sure what, if anything would be better than the way things run now, I've always found it a little strange that we have a dedicated cannabis forum, a dedicated mdma & similar forum, dedicated steroid forum, dedicated psychedelic forum. But no dedicated opioid forum or benzo forum, or amphetamine & coke forum. Just seems a little random that opioids would be part of other drugs while steroids get their own subforum.

Other drugs seems to basically be the hard drugs subforum. Always thought that was odd. Though I've tended to assume the reason is that activity isn't evenly distributed. But then I would have thought an opioid subforum would make more sense than a steroid one.

Iunno, I don't really have a suggestion here. Just something I've long thought was a little peculiar. Ultimately it seems like what gets a subforum and what gets lumped together should be decided based on the activity and interest in those different area. I dunno if it already is, or if it's not how it would look if it were, but that seems like it'd make the most sense.

Yeah I think tath's answer there at the end pretty much hits the nail on the head.

What tubbs? Where ?

Edit: some is historical.

Most drug users are polydrug users.

I also think alcohol is almost a separate thing.

So, I can see the lumping or splitting approaches. :?

Last edited:
^The link Malevolent posted.