• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can someone help me avoid a seizure or worse please? I don't know where else to post,

BalrogTheGrey

Greenlighter
Hi.
I know I know this is not the place for this specific thread but there is no "New Thread" option in the New Posts section for me. Maybe because I'm considered a GreenLighter. I count on the good people of BlueLight to Move this to its appropriate place. I tried.
I understand & respect your mission statement of Harm Reduction which I 100% respect but I'm desperate as no other corner of internet was appropriate for asking such questions.

Back to my 'question'.... I'm kind of new to recreational use of substances but I do know today is my last day to have some SAFE fun before I'm thrown back into the grinds of college. So if you would please help me make the most of what I have SAFELY it would be deeply appreciated.

I have 500 mg of Tramadol, 15 mg of Ritalin, an assortment of benzos ranging from Xanax, Lorazepam and Clonazepam and half a bottle of some strong wine. It's 2 PM right now and I'd love a roadmap that would safely get me to 1 AM without the dangers I've read about mixing alcohol and Tramadol.

I should say I have previously consumed about 700 mg of tramadol in conjunction with Clonazepam and no seizure came of that. Also I have plenty of Gabapentin available... if that counts for anything.

So... please help. This is my last day of freedom.

I want it safe and I want it fun. Thank you.

Hi.
I know I know this is not the place for this specific thread but there is no "New Thread" option in the New Posts section for me. Maybe because I'm considered a GreenLighter. I count on the good people of BlueLight to Move this to its appropriate place. I tried to respect the order and appareanetly failed .
I understand & respect your mission statement of Harm Reduction which I 100% respect but I'm desperate as no other corner of internet was appropriate for asking such questions.

Back to my 'question'.... I'm kind of new to recreational use of substances but I do know today is my last day to have some SAFE fun before I'm thrown back into the grinds of college life. So if you would please help me make the most of what I have SAFELY it would be deeply appreciated.

I have 500 mg of Tramadol, 15 mg of Ritalin, an assortment of benzos ranging from Xanax, Lorazepam and Clonazepam and half a bottle of some strong wine. It's 2 PM right now and I'd love a roadmap that would safely get me to 1 AM without the dangers I've read about mixing alcohol and Tramadol.

I should say I have previously consumed about 700 mg of tramadol in conjunction with Clonazepam and no seizure came of that. Also I have plenty of Gabapentin available... if that counts for anything.

So... please help. This is my last day of freedom.

I want it safe and I want it fun. Thank you.

Your benzodiazepine drugs are used medically to control seizures, so you have that going for you. Gabapentin is also more likely to prevent a seizure than to initiate one. Start slow with the tramadol, 500 mg is a very high dose. Also, keep in mind that benzodiazepines mixed with opiates is one of the deadliest drug combinations out there, so if you choose to combine them, exercise extreme caution. Alcohol added into that mix can make it much worse. The ritalin, and possibly the tramadol are the only drugs which you have which lower the seizure threshold to any degree (increased likelihood). Any normal person without a history of epilepsy should not have any problems with seizures using 15 mg of ritalin. Again careful with the benzos and alcohol as your ritalin will cause you to feel less intoxicated, so when it wears off it can leave you very messed up.

Wrote a long answer and realized that I was not helping you by telling you how to get high with your meds. That's not Harm reduction. Play around with huge doses of tramadol and all you get is a seizure.
Enjoy your last day before school starts again, don't block it out of your head.

Save the Ritalin for school. Space out your Tram doses and end the night with some Xanax?

Yes we are sticklers for HR here at Bluelight.

You seem to already know some of the dangers these drugs possess, since the only reason i'm gonna leave this open is for HR purposes, i'm gonna lay it all out.

Opioids (Tramadol), benzodiazepines, and alcohol are all downers, they all contribute to a depressed central nervous system. You seem to already have a tolerance to at least tramadol but that doesn't mean you are immune to CNS depression. Unless you have a high tolerance to all the classes of depressants listed you should not combine them.

You clearly know tram can cause seizures in high doses and 700mg is over twice the dose that is said to be putting you in serious danger. Combining a benzo and maybe a little gabapentin with tram will reduce the chance you have a seizure but it doesn't gaurentee it. Xanax is a poor anticonvulsant and it might not help much to prevent seizures. If you intend to take a lot of tram for a good time, i'm not suggesting you do, then taking a moderate dose of a benzo or gabapentin would be advisable. That means only taking the equivalent of 1mg xanax or less, anymore then that and you risk blackouts and or dangerous CNS depression.

The ritalin will add to the seizure risk so again it is not a good idea to combine tram and methylphenidate. If you do combine them either have a friend/trusted person ready with your benzos or take your equivalent 1mg of xanax in benzos.

Methylphenidate might mask the amount of CNS depression you are experiencing since it is a stimulant. This means you might not realized how tranquilized you are, take too much too many downers, and possibly put yourself into overdose territory when the ritalin wears off.

The alcohol should be avoided no matter what else you take with it. Benzos + alcohol can cause blackouts and dangerous CNS depression. Tramadol + alcohol can cause severe nausea and dangerous CNS depression. Ritalin + alcohol causes damage to the cardiovascular system and prevents you from gauging your level of intoxication.

You should heed these warnings. I'm saying this to prevent harm, these are the possible outcomes of combining these drugs. You are no more immune to these drug effects then anyone else even with tolerance and familiarity with them.

Stay safe, have a fun night.

These are excellent responses id give them some thought i can really ruin my life in one day esp with xanax and alcohol and not really being to familar with drugs

Alight the number one thing we promote here throughout the forum is to avoid polypharmacy at ALL cost.

With that being said, I'm not well versed with tramadol, but I know it functions as an SNRI. Evidence suggest most tramadol overdoses aren't necessarily contributed to the opiate aspect of it, Rather it's monamine up take inhibition that leads to conplications related to ER visits.

Now to your stimulant use. Yes, Tramadol and dextroamphetamine have documented literature that clearly states that you should not mix these two drugs at the same time. From what I've gathered (hopefully someone corrects me) is that tramadol itself in moderate/large dosage have been documented to cause seizures due to serotonin syndrome. Adding on a CNS such as dextroamphetamin may be asking for trouble.

"I have 500 mg of Tramadol, 15 mg of Ritalin, an assortment of benzos ranging from Xanax, Lorazepam and Clonazepam and half a bottle of some strong wine. It's 2 PM right now and I'd love a roadmap that would safely get me to 1 AM without the dangers I've read about mixing alcohol and Tramadol."

That is quite a high dose to be playing with. IMO, there is a variety of more substances to take that would produce an experience you won't regret without indulging in those doses. To think that you have justified in your mind that you are going to take a CNS, an opioid (with SNRI capability) a low dose benzo though I don't know the quanity you have, and gabapentin to offset any possible seizures you induce unto yourself simply by your gregarious choice of drugs.. and you find this okay?

My only question is with all the illicit substance readily available to the general public, why would you pick these specific choices that have very well documented cases on severe reactions in specific individuals.

And remember we preach harm reduction. Not seeing how far your body can take it before you see that edge.

Do you think that it's really necessary to combine tramadol with the other substances you have?

Personally, I can definitely appreciate tramadol, but something that really scares me away is it's tendency to induce seizures, even (sometimes) in those with no previous history of seizures, epilepsy, or other seizure-inducing conditions, and even in those taking only the prescribed doses.

I've looked in the past for clarification of the exact cause of this effect but either I haven't looked hard enough (possible) or it is just not really known. However they are (IIRC) independent of the serotonergic effects of the drug.

Benzos do appear to reduce the seizure risk from tramadol - but they also increase respiratory depression.

As I see it you have some relatively safe drugs in your stash (most of the pharmaceuticals - Ritalin, benzos) and some fairly unsafe ones (alcohol - especially - and tramadol). Your best best to navigate to 1 AM safely is get rid of the wine, and take your favourite benzos and the Ritalin (I realise it might be past 1 AM anyway, so hopefully you have dosed safely). If you decide to take Tramadol alone - you can probably risk 1 SMALL glass of wine. If you have trouble controlling your intake of alcohol however, don't drink any.

So in summary, benzos+alcohol = no, benzos+tramadol = no, benzos+ritalin = ok, tramadol+ritalin=probably less dangerous than the other "nos" but not a good idea (just because seizures are less often fatal than respiratory depression). There is not a 3 drug combo here that is safe.

This is advice from a harm-reduction orientated perspective, but honestly even from a reckless, hedonistic perspective, combining more than 2 of the drugs listed will not add significantly to any synergy... and definitely not enough to offset the dangers.

Alight the number one thing we promote here throughout the forum is to avoid polypharmacy at ALL cost.

With that being said, I'm not well versed with tramadol, but I know it functions as an SNRI. Evidence suggest most tramadol overdoses aren't necessarily contributed to the opiate aspect of it, Rather it's monamine up take inhibition that leads to conplications related to ER visits.

Now to your stimulant use. Yes, Tramadol and dextroamphetamine have documented literature that clearly states that you should not mix these two drugs at the same time. From what I've gathered (hopefully someone corrects me) is that tramadol itself in moderate/large dosage have been documented to cause seizures due to serotonin syndrome. Adding on a CNS such as dextroamphetamin may be asking for trouble.

"I have 500 mg of Tramadol, 15 mg of Ritalin, an assortment of benzos ranging from Xanax, Lorazepam and Clonazepam and half a bottle of some strong wine. It's 2 PM right now and I'd love a roadmap that would safely get me to 1 AM without the dangers I've read about mixing alcohol and Tramadol."

That is quite a high dose to be playing with. IMO, there is a variety of more substances to take that would produce an experience you won't regret without indulging in those doses. To think that you have justified in your mind that you are going to take a CNS, an opioid (with SNRI capability) a low dose benzo though I don't know the quanity you have, and gabapentin to offset any possible seizures you induce unto yourself simply by your gregarious choice of drugs.. and you find this okay?

My only question is with all the illicit substance readily available to the general public, why would you pick these specific choices that have very well documented cases on severe reactions in specific individuals.

And remember we preach harm reduction. Not seeing how far your body can take it before you see that edge.

I have a very high benzo tolerance -10mg at a single dose can barley calm me down. He did not mention the benzo amount he was going to take..I'n not sure if Tramadol is a CNS depressant, though its the worst opioid ive tried .Combining Alcohol with Benzo alone is Deadly enough...lets hope he wake up at the morning!..

Last edited: