• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best sleeping pills for insomnia

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing ive tried that has helped me sleep is exercising going. Even walking i started with walking 1 mile on most day to three and gradually switched to running.

Ive tried
Ambien
Sonata
Lunesta
Olanzapine
Seroquel
Xanax
Diphenhydramine

All of them either stopped working or had side effects that made me have to stop.

Btw sorry if you where asking about strongest sedatives for insomnia not getting messed up (not that anything is wrong with recreational use imo).

If its about an actual, medicinal, more or less sustainable treatment of insomnia, I would suggest a combination of mild OTC meds, supplements, and maybe a low dose of non-recreational prescription pharms, with benzos or z-drugs reserved for days when your normal cocktail of supplements or meds isn't enough (however, even then one should keep the dose to a minimum).

A good combination could contain something along the lines of:
* A sedating antihistamine (like diphenhydramine); if it's sorrows and gloomy thoughts that are keeping you up at night, you might want to see a doc about an antidepressant that combines mild sedation with serotonin reuptake inhibition (trazodone being a good example)
* L-theanine. Not all that much into supplements, but l-theanine works, and is non-recreational.
* melatonin. See above.

And, as an emergency medication, maybe zolpidem (although a longer-acting drug may be preferable if your problem is less about falling asleep than repeatedly waking up at night).

Benzos and Z-drugs (zolpidem, zopiclone, zaleplon) can be effective in the short term, but tolerance builds rapidly and addiction is a distinct possibility, to say the least.

If you suspect your insomnia to be related to a mental health issue, I would strongly suggest you talk to a doctor about it. Trazodone or the tricyclic antidepressants, for example, can help you fall asleep at night, and possibly reduce the anxiety that caused your insomnia in the first place.

We can't really answer this for you man, people are different. For example, many people can use Ambien for insomnia with no real Ill effects, I however end up in a field. (Sleepwalking)

The only real advice I can give you is to talk with your doc and find what works for you.

Sorry, I've got to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.