• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom and alcohol

DoctorMolecule

Bluelighter
Using the search function I found a bluelight thread that basically answered the formal question of safety using both these compounds. The results stated that since Kratom is an atypical opioid agonist, the combined effects wouldn?t be lethal in moderate therapudic doses of both.
What I am concerned with is this, will combining the two lower the Kratom?s ability to work properly. I?m substituting low doses of codiene for low doses of Kratom for mild pain killing properties.
I drank about 6 shots of whisky this afternoon for pain relief and anxiety reduction, and plan on taking some Kratom after my afternoon workout. Will this combo work?
Edit: T: 1h 40m
So I took 6 grams of Meang Da Kratom after my workout and 3 hours after I consumed alcohol. I think the alcohol doesn?t negatively effects Kratom?s ability to work as a pain reliever, but there seems to be an increase in drowsiness and a slight increase in nausea. Like other opiates I?m use to, smoking cigarettes seems to bring on the nausea.

Last edited:
I’ve read a few forums about this subject and there are many different opinions man. Honestly from my own personal experience beer seems to enhance sedation and euphoria for me but only in moderate doses so I’d say 3 or 4 beers and I’ll still feel my dose of Kratom but any more than that and it would kill the euphoria and also bring on nausea but any liquor would immediately make me nauseous and kill the feeling from my dose. Everyone is different so just excitement and see what works for you man but I can say this from what I have learned about Kratom is once you find a good brand and the perfect dose for you then you won’t really need anything to make it better. Hope this helps man

I?ve read a few forums about this subject and there are many different opinions man. Honestly from my own personal experience beer seems to enhance sedation and euphoria for me but only in moderate doses so I?d say 3 or 4 beers and I?ll still feel my dose of Kratom but any more than that and it would kill the euphoria and also bring on nausea but any liquor would immediately make me nauseous and kill the feeling from my dose. Everyone is different so just excitement and see what works for you man but I can say this from what I have learned about Kratom is once you find a good brand and the perfect dose for you then you won?t really need anything to make it better. Hope this helps man

Alcohol will increase the effects of opiates and can lower the threshold for an opioid overdose. There may be increased euphoria as well.