• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Finally Did it... Done... no more methadone, anything

Muscato

Greenlighter
Hi guys, I?ve used this site many times to get over my habits... I?m very successful but have dirty secrets.... I was using 15mg Roxie?s and had to get off... so I went to a methadone clinic... worst mistake of all time... this stuff is the devil... I tried to come down in dose 3 x?s and failed.... I was at only 39 mg.... I told my doctor I wanted to switch to Suboxone... he gave me his blessing but I didn?t give it enough time so I ended up in pwd. But I made it through and stopped everything. Yes everything. 5 days now. Nothing. I feel so good. I feel free. No more worries about my next fix. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I know methadone has helped people, but get off it ASAP. Use subs. And be done with it. Thank you for listing. Oh, and I told my dealer never to call again.

You're awesome Muscato!!! I think you'd get way more congrats and support in sober living forum though!!!

Super proud of you, keep doing what your'e doing man, it's working!!!

Hugs,
your friend,
here for you anytime,
Ash.

About to enter opiate detox for fentanyl patches, any info on what to expect. I'm going on my own, I'm tired of being s slave to the patch...how comfortable will they be able to make me, any Info would help .. thx

Hope this fits SL, had to move it to keep the wiki clear. :)

That is the best feeling in the world! Well done Muscato.

Sorry to hear about pwd. I cannot believe how uninformed Dr's can be re pwd. That must've been hell w a long-acting opiate!!

So glad you are FREE!!! ?❤️?

Heavyhauler!

I'm not sure what they're going to give you by way of comfort meds. That depends on the protocol of the facility

Lyrica and/or Neurontin (gabapentin) would go a long way in helping w w/d. Maybe you can ask the facility what to expect from them. I'd give them a call.

Stay positive. I wish you all the best! ❤️

^
@heavyhauler...what 10years said.

clonidine is also a lifesaver, and most doctors are comfortable prescribing it for symptoms of opioid WD.

Methadone withdrawal is hell on earth . It's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life . I'm on day 19 of WD's . How long was you on methadone?

Methodone saved my life but the withdrawal is brutal for sure