Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What drug is most similar to mania?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeFyYing

Greenlighter
Don't worry, not planning on using anything. I hate my mania. But I just wanted a way to explain to people what my mania is like. My mania presents itself in many forms. Sometimes it's this euphoric dreamland. Other times it's a psychotic hell of paranoia and delusions. But common symptoms that persist regardless is inability to sleep, high energy, thinking/talking extremely fast, hypersexuality, impulsivity, compulsive spending, etc.

So what do you think it is? Meth? Coke? Molly?

I've had hypomanic episodes over the years, and I've never found them to be particularly similar to any drugs I've taken. But there definitely are similarities between a paranoid/negative flavor of mania and the feeling you get when you've been up for a couple days doing coke. The shadow people and all that. <3

From what I’ve used I’d probably say medium to high doses of amphetamine (Dexedrine, Adderall, etc). I’ve never personally tried it but from what I gather methamphetamine definitely sounds like that, again just from what I’ve read (one of few drugs I haven’t and probably won’t try).

Methamphetamine hands down. Along with high dose PCP/analogues.

When I'm geeked on meth (usually in a depressive episode) it's like a manic episode on, well, meth. I text/talk to everyone, buy shit, hit up old friends and exs, rant about shit, try to get things done, the whole 9 yards. The sense of grandiosity occurs also, of course.

What really freaks me out is meth amplifies the more violent/god-like tendencies I get when I'm manic. I get urges to destroy property and people, usually self harm (sadomasochism is a big part of my mania), and fantasize about violent (possibly sexual) scenarios. I see myself as some sort of all-powerful deity who can play with anything and anyone. A normal manic episode doesn't go to those places with the same vividness and drive, except for maybe the grandiosity. When I'm normal manic the God Effect actually benefits me as I'm more confident.

So my answer is meth, and even then it's a supermania.

Last edited:
For me it's either stimulants like (meth)amphetamines, cathinone analogues; or PCP/PCE analogues - 3-MeO-PCP has been very manic for me. Although I'm quite good at controlling the mania. The only time it gets out hand is when I'm in bed and trying to fall asleep (any dissohead knows how hard sleep on dissos is), I start coming up with all these great and amazing ideas, grandiose thinking. Of course the next morning most of the ideas are thrown out as unrealistic or bizarre, however some have been useful. My behaviour on x-PCPs is normal, if a little sluggish - my wife complains that when I overdo x-PCP/PCE I function like a 70 year old, even though my cognition is all there; frustrating.

Iv coke always had much more of that manic godlike feeling for me than meth... it also put me Into a psychotic state much more quickly than meth. Meth took 2 years, coke was about 4 months to totally lose it. Nothing could touch me, and I was the most charismatic person you'd ever meet... in reality I was a babbling fool that looked like he had stage 4 cancer.

probably meth in my experience. take it for a few days straight then come back and say it lol

Meth feels JUST like my manic phases...I can equate the two very, very well. So far, I have NOT had any negative experiences; they are all the euphoric type, with the inability to sleep, high energy, thinking/talking extremely fast, hypersexuality, impulsivity, compulsive spending, etc., and I use it to work (at home) for days straight through=D

Status
Not open for further replies.