• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Allergic to codeine, how about DHC?

den4

Greenlighter
I quite enjoy codeine high, but it gives me a sore and dry or tight throat. Idk whether its an allergy or just a side effect.. Anyway, do you think dihydrocodeine will have the same effect on me? It says DHC is more semi synthetic, so should I give it a try?

Are you in the UK if so I can give you the NAME of a product to take away the allergic effects allowing you to enjoy your codeine high minimal nausea, it's called promethazine in the UK you get sominex and phenergen phenergen have 20 times more tablets and are cheaper than sominex get phenergen.

If you don't have any promethazine try benadryl it would just be a shame imo to waste money on dhc when you can get 3-4 packs of cocodomal for the same price or less and when you run out you think about this etc

Benadryl might cause more dry mouth, you can try antihistamines but they might make it worse.

Codeine normally has more side effects like itching and such compared to other opioids. You can try DHC just keep the doses low just incase you have a bad reaction.