• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why does Baclofen have no effect on me?

Ripplyuk

Bluelighter
I read that this stuff is meant to be similar to phenibut. Other people say it makes them a bit sleepy or drowsy. I get no effect whatsoever! What am I doing wrong? I’m wondering if I’m just not taking enough of it and want to increase the dosage but I’m not sure what the limit is or if it varies for everyone. Does anyone know? If I take ten of them, what will that do? Is it possible to be ‘immune’ to a drug like this? I really expected to feel something but got nothing from it at all. These are 10mg pills.

Some drugs just don't have much of an effect on some people. Taking huge doses of GABA drugs usually leads to memory loss and generally not good things. You might just have to accept that this isn't for you.

Not worth abusing.. their best use is to relieve muscle tension, not really much of a "high" you can get from it.

I was on baclofen for years. It is not recreational. It's a mild muscle relaxant at therapeutic doses and at high doses it is the opposite of euphoric.

I've taken 10mg qid for years.

As others have said, not worth abusing. Phenibut has far more recreational potential. Baclofen works for spasticity and can be used to add sedation to other combos if you know your limit. I like to take 10-20mg with kratom and diazepam.

please don't go and "take 10 of them"

Some people seem to display wierdness in terms of pharmacokinetics with baclofen, IIRC. Some people IIRC, respond more than others, with both oral and intrathecal routes, I've seen someone near killed by it, albeit a twat and someone actively trying to do so, but after stepwise dose titration, I determined that ALL it did to me was a slight blurring of eyesight temporarily and nausea, this was at multiple-gram doses. So it appears that both extremes of responsivity exist in individuals at times. The other subject, taking, approximately a fist full of pills ended up almost comatose, flaccid and very poorly responsive to verbal stimuli, but even at gram doses I noticed nothing in either recreational effect, or myorelaxant effect on the spasticity caused by nerve damage to a lower leg, nothing, although tizanidine worked great for that, the baclofen, I may as well have never tried it, at any dose, it'd just end in so large a pile of pills as to be impossible to swallow practically.

I have done the handfuls of baclofen thing. The dizziness and disorientation was one of the worst things I've experienced. It was way worse than being shitfaced on alcohol.