Technical Problem Smiley faces seem to truncate posts

RedHat

Bluelighter
Just an FYI, I had a post a couple days ago that seemed to truncate in the middle of it at a random spot, which I had to then re-type again from scratch (totally sucked).

And just a few minutes ago, it happened again. This time I was able to determine that the content was actually cut off at the spot that I inserted an emoticon. Is this something that others have ran into?

Technical specifics:
  • Browser: Google Chrome 67.0.3396.99
  • Operating System: Mac OSX 10.11.6 (15G31)

Just a test - I'm going to type the alphabet, and insert a heart in the middle of it, right after the m, lets see if it truncates it.

abcdefghijklm

Yep yep. Truncated it. Maybe something preventing XSS or SQL Injection? Or something not parsing the emoticons properly?

Hmm, I have actually heard of one other user who mentioned that using the <3 emoticon was cutting their posts off about 1 week ago perhaps. I didn't hear anything else regarding it though and I have no idea if it is still happening; I will see what I can find out.

I have the heart problem. It happens in full site or mobile, coding < 3 manually on both or using the emoticon insertion on the upper right screen in full site.

So I've tried evety type of insertion of which I am aware.

I'd love for it to be solved.

CD <3

it sounds like something to do with browser character encoding but i'm not sure what to tell you. sorry.

alasdair

Abcdefghij<3klmnopqrstuvwxyz

Strange... I use chrome as well, on my phone and never have this issue.

Technical specifics:
  • Browser: Google Chrome 67.0.3396.99
  • Operating System: Mac OSX 10.11.6 (15G31)
test with the same version of chrome on osx 10.13.5 (high sierra)

three hearts: <3 <3 <3

alasdair