• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Been addicted

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
To gabapentin since 2010. So me abusing it all those years has really damaged my gaba system.

I?m not like your normal patient who took it right and will have the normal withdrawals. My body has become dependent on the high.

So I don?t know if this taper is going to be successful.

Last year when I was yanked off three mg of klonopin I was psychotic for three months until I fired the doctor and got back on it.

I?m fearful gabapentin withdrawals is going to be the same way.

I recently started taking gabapentin. I can see why its addictive. I took 600mg to sleep this afternoon from methadone withdrawal. It absolutely knocked me out. If I take them as prescribed how long would it take to get addicted??? I really don't want to get addicted to another substance. I took soma last year for 6 months every day and never had bad WD'S. Soma is a gaba drug btw.

It?s a beast just like any other potent drug. It?s very easy to slip into addiction w this drug cuz it takes withdraws away. Unfortunately it has its own set of nasty withdrawals. They resemble benzo withdrawals.

I'll take them a few more days probably. At around 14 days the worst WD's will be over hopefully, then I can be fully drug free besides my blood pressure meds.thanks for the reply . Hang in there . Maybe wean down from the gaba slowly. They do take WD'S away, but I feel so weird on them. I hallucinated bad last night on it as soon as it took effect in my dark bedroom. It was like scribbling effect and lots of vivid patterns.

I will say a proper taper from 3.2 grams daily for nearly a decade was far easier than anything else I have ever tapered from. To give you an idea of what my taper looked like it happened over close to a year. I followed exactly what a licensed medical professional who I was honest with directed me to do. I won't post a taper schedule here. I will just let you know that 3.2g is a large amount, but not as large as you are tapering from, but it absolutely can be done.

Please don?t try to stop me w saying there will be seizures. I?m quite aware of that and if I die I go to my Father.

Sonicwhite. I cannot deny you your pain. God will not force goodness upon us, but it is available if we ask. It is my hope that you believe your understanding of God is that he/she is loving enough not to want you to suffer. I believe your God did not bring you this far to have you torture yourself in that manner. i.e. I hope you taper. Let this forum be your accountability partner by starting a taper thread and committing to some schedule and letting us experience this together.

Sonicwhite. I cannot deny you your pain. God will not force goodness upon us, but it is available if we ask. It is my hope that you believe your understanding of God is that he/she is loving enough not to want you to suffer. I believe your God did not bring you this far to have you torture yourself in that manner. i.e. I hope you taper. Let this forum be your accountability partner by starting a taper thread and committing to some schedule and letting us experience this together.
I pray every morning I get up to thank God for giving me strength to make it another day on this planet. Gods been good to me this far. If addiction is my worst flaw then I'm happy .

Last edited:
I really doubt your going to have a siezure. I've stopped gabapentin multiple times without a taper.

First day. No sweats no hot flashes. Only slight highten nightmares and morning anxiety.

It really hasn?t been as bad as I thought it would be.

Good deal. It won’t be. I’ve used them for a long time. Everyone is different, I know. I’ve only noticed mental cravings and maybe weird sleep patterns when discontinued use of gabas. Good luck. Take it head on. Try not obsess over it.