• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

So I have some gabapentin

Inds

Bluelighter
Any advice on how to proceed? I intend to use this for anxiolytic, not recreational purposes. I weigh 150 pounds, how much and how often should I take? This was not prescribed by a doctor but from a third party.

What strength are they? Most beginning doses I've seen are 300 mg three times a day. So I would start there with taking 300 mg maybe an hour or so after a meal. It can take hours for you to feel any effects so be patient with gabapentin. Also, don't drive because if you're not used to them, you may feel drowsy.

Any advice on how to proceed? I intend to use this for anxiolytic, not recreational purposes. I weigh 150 pounds, how much and how often should I take? This was not prescribed by a doctor but from a third party.

I tried gabapentin for the first time a few weeks ago. I took 600mg and felt some pretty strong axiolytic effects. 300mg probably would have been enough.

I am prescribed Gabapentin for RLS 300 a night and I hate it, I don't get how people take so much of it, maybe it just effects people differently for me I feel like I lose about 20 iq points on it and get a weird semi sick horrid feeling, took 600g and I couldn't talk.

They are 300mg pills, yes. 3 times a day you said? Damn. I'll take one after breakfast on my way to work. All the info I looked up says the cognitive impairments and drowsiness are less pronounced than benzos and I have no problem whatsoever driving while on benzos so these gabbies shouldn't be an issue but I realize everyone is different, especially me, lol.
But does it have to be 3 times a day every day? What if I took it every second day like I'm currently doing with klonopin?

Freesolo123, can you provide more details? What do you mean you couldn't talk? It made you catatonic?

I was being a bit dramatic but it was like my brain couldn't function and i couldn't follow my thoughts, a bit like a heroin dose makes you look but no pleasure in it at all.

Are you saying you realized you were uninhibited so you kept your mouth shut?

Gabapentin is a strange compound. Take them with a heavy fat or protein snack and you?ll get good results. I like eggs in particular. I never found great recreational value in them but if you?re taking it as proscribed for GAD, you might like it.

Here is how they make me feel, If you have ever had a few beers got mildly drunk in the day and then at say 4pm you go to sleep for a hour, when you wake up you feel shitty still a little drunk but brain fog and slightly ill.

That feeling when I wake up after a nap when drinking is similar to how Gabapentin makes me feel.

Doctor, I noticed. I have some ice cream so I'll take it with that. But first I wanna assess my base tolerance so can anyone suggest a starting point? This is gonna be on my work days so I don't want a recreational dose yet. I do drive to work so I have to be careful with drowsiness but if 1mg lorazepam didn't negatively affect my driving, I'm inferring gabbies won't be a problem either.

Doctor, I noticed. I have some ice cream so I'll take it with that. But first I wanna assess my base tolerance so can anyone suggest a starting point? This is gonna be on my work days so I don't want a recreational dose yet. I do drive to work so I have to be careful with drowsiness but if 1mg lorazepam didn't negatively affect my driving, I'm inferring gabbies won't be a problem either.
I don?t think you?ll experience any drowsiness if you stick to the recommended dosages. I typically need about 2100-3000mg to feel anything close to recreational effects. Tolerance builds quickly though, if you need it for GAD, stick to therapeutic doses

Did you take that much in one go or spread it throughout the day? Literature talks about prescribing it to patients 2-3 times a day. Is this because the effects are short or something?

I just don't get all the gabapentin love . I'm on them for opiate withdrawal. Its gives me a terrible headache on the morning after. I get strange brain jolts too. I mildly hallucinate when I take them . So ready to quit these things . I love Benzodiazepines though. All I can think of is other people are different on them.

I was originally prescribed it 300mg 3x a day but I couldn't tolerate it during the day. It made me weirdly dizzy to a point I could barely read or function. I take the entire 900mg at night now.

What does the 900 at night do for you? Do you get any aftereffects during the day?

I'm experiencing a F-Phenibut comedown currently from last night. Since it's a gabapentinoid, is it safe to take gabbies today or should I wait until this comedown is over? I fear making it worse.

What does the 900 at night do for you? Do you get any aftereffects during the day?
I've had trouble sleeping most of my life and it's part of a cocktail to put me out, which also includes Remeron, doxepin and Ativan if need be.

Inds said:
I'm experiencing a F-Phenibut comedown currently from last night. Since it's a gabapentinoid, is it safe to take gabbies today or should I wait until this comedown is over? I fear making it worse.
I didn't think phenibut was a gabapentinoid but worked directly on GABA B receptors. I think you'd be ok as I used to take baclofen and gabapentin simultaneously without any issues but maybe let someone else who's actually used phenibut chime in on that question.

If you have trouble sleeping, why would you take it once in the morning, once in the afternoon and once before bed?

Psychonaut listed phenibut as either a gabapentinoid or "GABAergic", I don't remember. I didn't use phenibut, I used fluorophenibut which is an untested research chemical. Don't do it, it made me pretty sick.

Doctors normally prescribe gabapentin and Lyrica to take 3 times a day. Many people can't handle the fuzzy head feeling and tiredness during the day so they either cut their dosages back or take it all at night.

For whatever reason many doctors start every patient on the same dose, 300 mgs 3x a day, but if they are naive to the medicine then that dose is simply too high of a beginning dosage.

I take 600 mgs at night and it really helps me sleep. I used to wake up feeling a little tired but it's a side effect that goes away in a few months.

I took 900mg in one dose in the day on the weekend to survey the effect and within an hour I felt drowsy but then hours later I wasn't drowsy anymore. I stayed up late the night before so I didn't mind if it would make me tired but I went to bed 12 hours after waking up and it took a while to fall asleep.
I guess the initial drowsiness was placebo since I was expecting to feel that.

What do you guys think? Is there an easier way to tell if it's working or not? With lorazepam, I know it works because I feel good when brushing my hair. Klonopin does the same thing.

Did you take that much in one go or spread it throughout the day? Literature talks about prescribing it to patients 2-3 times a day. Is this because the effects are short or something?
I stagger the doses, 300mg every 30-45 min until I reach 3000mg. The is my issue with this drug, I kind of have to plan my whole day around dosing