Seeking advice for opiate withdrawal

spiels

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I just wanted to apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section. I'm fairly new here and I'm desperate for some help.

Currently this is my situation: I am in opiate withdrawal (heroin specifically). I have been since yesterday. Yesterday, at 3:50pm (6:38am here now) I took a 4mg suboxone strip. This didn't really help as I got precipitated withdrawals (I did wait a full 24h). I don't know if this was due to my RoA which is snorting, but I was met by some symptoms improving such as runny eyes and nose but also met with a large amount of anxiety. I was able to sleep fairly well with some benedryl from 7pm to 430am. My question is: since I have access to 20 4mg suboxone strips, should I use these to aid in withdrawal? I do not plan to use again. I've seen some posts where people do 8 on day1 4 on day 2 2on day 3 then 1 on day 4. Would I benefit from this or would it prolong withdrawals? Some symptoms are at ease at the time I am typing this, but my anxiety is still high. I cannot use kratom since right before I was taking opiates I was taking 50g's of kratom everyday for 7 months. It doesn't work for me. Should I just gut it out or use suboxone. Thank you for the help

You probably got some residue in your nose from snorting H . If your already in WD's just keep taking the suboxone. Are you serious about quitting the H ? If you have the desire to quit, then come over to the Sober Living area of this forum. You don't have to be clean , just the desire.

You probably got some residue in your nose from snorting H . If your already in WD's just keep taking the suboxone. Are you serious about quitting the H ? If you have the desire to quit, then come over to the Sober Living area of this forum. You don't have to be clean , just the desire.

I honestly don't want to be on suboxone or H. I want to be free from everything. That's why I'm asking about using a 3 day taper with subs or if that would help and just what to do in my current situation. Thank you for the offer

Its hard man . I'm going through methadone detox now . I was prescribed tramadol and I don't want to get hooked on that either . You can take the subs to lessen the WD'S of the H short term without getting hooked ( around 7 days ). I can tell you that the H withdrawal is easier than suboxone long term usage. The methadone WD's are horrific because they last around 2 weeks of acute Wd's. I've never done heroin, but I can sympathize with you . Hang in there . "All things shall pass "

Hi Spiels,

I agree with Hiks, do the Subs you have to taper, believe me, I came off Hydromorphone CT with no comfort meds and it was rough.

You can do this, here to support you and if you need to talk you can pm me. And yes come over to the SL part of the forum.

Your friend,
here for you anytime,
Ash.
I honestly don't want to be on suboxone or H. I want to be free from everything. That's why I'm asking about using a 3 day taper with subs or if that would help and just what to do in my current situation. Thank you for the offer

Good morning my friend!! Me waving. ;)

Great advice hiks!!!

Hugs,
Ash.