Error 520

Dr Griffin

Greenlighter
Dear admin. Every time I go to this website I get an Error 520. Just letting you know.

KOjcpxO.png

I get it too, but I can usually navigate around it using a different link to another forum. Your browser normally presents a few options. I think that clearing your cookies might help too.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

It's an ongoing issue which people are currently trying to find a solution for.

I tend to get it on the homepage, but yesterday I got it on a link to current events & politics, which is rare. A refresh seemed to fix it. It also seems to effect bookmarks (I think?) and happens on some devices but not others - i.e your computer might work, but the same page on your phone displays the error every time, even from the same IP. It's very odd.

Like Swilow says, try using a different link. Perhaps this one, which works for me:

https://www.bluelight.org/vb/forum.php

Or you can google one of the sub forums if you lose the link, such as "bluelight psychedelic drugs", or whatever. That should get you in. :)

It's an ongoing issue which people are currently trying to find a solution for.I tend to get it on the homepage, but yesterday I got it on a link to current events & politics, which is rare. A refresh seemed to fix it. It also seems to effect bookmarks (I think?) and happens on some devices but not others - i.e your computer might work, but the same page on your phone displays the error every time, even from the same IP. It's very odd. Like Swilow says, try using a different link. Perhaps this one, which works for me:https://www.bluelight.org/vb/forum.phpOr you can google one of the sub forums if you lose the link, such as "bluelight psychedelic drugs", or whatever. That should get you in. :)
Just letting you know.I deleted my previous bookmark with the 520 error page. I bookmarked the above link and when I went to open it I got the 520 error again.Another strange thing happened. I had to type in my username and password again because Google did not have a record for this new bookmark. However, I accidentally typed in a different password, and guess what, it accepted it and opened the forum up.I think there is a security problem here.

However, I accidentally typed in a different password, and guess what, it accepted it and opened the forum up.
are you able to reproduce this?

when the cloudflare 520 page initially appears try simply refreshing. any joy?

alasdair

I had to type in my username and password again because Google did not have a record for this new bookmark. However, I accidentally typed in a different password, and guess what, it accepted it and opened the forum up.I think there is a security problem here.

i have issues where it uses different cookies for bluelight.org and www.bluelight.org, requiring being logged in to both to use them interchangeably, so that might be what happened there

i have issues where it uses different cookies for bluelight.org and www.bluelight.org, requiring being logged in to both to use them interchangeably, so that might be what happened there
The other password was for a different website. I tried the other password again, that opened this site yesterday, but it did not work. Looks like it sorted itself out.

my guess is your browser stored and applied the correct password. if you are unable to reproduce, we'll consider this resolved.

alasdair