• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

No such thing as a 'Long term comedown'.

Acidropp

Greenlighter
My experience has led me to believe that MDMA is not the cause of anxiety/depression/ltc's. It might trigger it, but IMO you would have to have been predisposed to it. In my younger years I used to go clubbing in London weekend after weekend and took a gram of MDMA or many pills(10 give or take) on every occasion. I did this for years and never had a problem.

Me and the wife stopped taking drugs as we had our fun and had different priorities. After years of not taking anything, she went abroad to visit her family and I stayed at home. I decided to take MDMA one last time for old times sake. The MDMA was junk I got off the dark web as I didn't have a reliable source anymore. Apart from the fact that I didn't have a good time on it, I felt head pressure from the get go. I finished the gram around 8 hours after starting, felt tired and went to bed. The next day I had my first ever 'long term comedown' type of feeling. Brain zaps, severe depression and anxiety, head pressure, brain fog etc. It lasted 9 days and scared the living sh*t out of me as I've never experienced this in all the years I've been taking MDMA. After 9 days I was completely back to normal and carried on with my life. Haven't touched any drugs since.

Fast forward a year and a bit, my wife gives birth to our first baby girl. She goes through a traumatic birth which lasts for days with the baby being at risk. They both finally pull through and are ok and I'm very relieved. The very next day I wake up with exactly the same feeling as I had on my mini 'ltc'!! Excruciating anxiety, severe brain fog and dizziness, loss of appetite etc. This time it's far worse than the last time and lasts for 18 months. It got so bad that I couldn't go to work from time to time and in the end I was put on Citalopram. Things gradually got better but I still have episodes now and again. Thankfully I'm now pretty much back to normal.

This made me realize I must have had anxiety all my life which was just waiting to be triggered. The first time it happened was because I took MDMA on my own with my wife being away which probably made me feel guilty. The second time, which was by far the worst thing I've ever experienced, was caused by the birth of my daughter and the fact that I wasn't ready to be a dad. MDMA had nothing to do with any of it, but inherent anxiety that was waiting to come out.

So there you have it. There is no such thing as a long term comedown from what I can see. It's all just pre-existing mental health problems that get triggered by MDMA.

Basically you're saying;

"I have had and continue to have anxiety problems, therefore my experience must be everyone elses."

This same mentality has been sort of circulating in the recovery thread, thus I've taken a break from the forum for now. I see very little value for this place if this is the current level of discourse. Suffice to say for some of us the symptoms are not even anxiety-like.

Best of luck to all of you, despite my irritation. My wish is that the over zealous anxiety proponents cool off a bit so they don't cause more harm than good.

Last edited:
Was considering this as well, but why so many people have very alike symptoms?

Why it brings only anxiety related issues?

IMO, your story serves to further the idea that much of the current market has adulterants and impurities that are contributing to these LTC situations. Nobody had comedowns like this back in the day.

Basically you're saying;

"I have had and continue to have anxiety problems, therefore my experience must be everyone elses."

This same mentality has been sort of circulating in the recovery thread, thus I've taken a break from the forum for now. I see very little value for this place if this is the current level of discourse. Suffice to say for some of us the symptoms are not even anxiety-like.

Best of luck to all of you, despite my irritation. My wish is that the over zealous anxiety proponents cool off a bit so they don't cause more harm than good.

REAL uncut MDMA absolutely does not leave its users coming down for multiple days at a time UNLESS the user has predisposed sensitivities. Certain sensitivities such as Serotonin Depletion and other brain damaging effects can be caused by heavy unregulated use of MDMA, but no responsible, healthy and safe adult should ever be experiencing "Long term comedowns" as a direct result of ingesting MDMA. Anxiety, depression, insomnia, erectile dysfunction or any other of your self diagnosed "ailments" can't just be lightly blamed as a side effect of MDMA. Career victims such as yourself have a habit of ignoring harm reduction practices and avoid admitting to ANY responsibility for their experience. Talk about "the current level of discourse". Good riddance!

I do not know how some people are surprised here. This user says that he has taken 1g of MDMA in 8 hours...does anyone think that this dose will not bring problems? I do not believe that the impurities have been the problem, or rather, I believe that the impurities have been able to cushion it.

In favor of harm reduction I have to say that taking 1g of MDMA will fry your brain for a good time.

DocLad

My anxiety levels are somewhere around the range they were before. My main symptoms are in the areas of extreme stimulus sensitivity meaning as long as I'm in a dark quiet room things are somewhat bearable but going outside it gets way overwhelming and confusing. I have involuntary eye movements, sensations of electric shocks behind my eyes and neck, uncontrollable neck spasms, inability to focus on one spot , sharp pain behind eyes, red veins in eyes. migraines, tinnitus, blurry vision, HPPD and such. When my symptoms are flaring up after poor sleep or whatever even something brushing against my skin can trigger these uncontrollable spasms.

There have been some with only HPPD, others with anhedonia and such. It's quite a mixed crowd really imo. There can be a sort of camaraderie attitude in uniting under this LTC recovery and maybe the term is what's throwing people off. Really it's just arguing semantics to me. LTC, Post-drug issues, whatever, call it what you will, who gives a shit? Anxiety issues are also very common so to me it makes perfect sense that for many, often young adults, a drug binge can be their first trigger into a burn out type of state. I don't know, I really don't know. Neither do you, that guy above me who posted, the one who's going to post below proclaiming whatever he feels like, or most doctors.

IMO, your story serves to further the idea that much of the current market has adulterants and impurities that are contributing to these LTC situations. Nobody had comedowns like this back in the day.

REAL uncut MDMA absolutely does not leave its users coming down for multiple days at a time UNLESS the user has predisposed sensitivities. Certain sensitivities such as Serotonin Depletion and other brain damaging effects can be caused by heavy unregulated use of MDMA, but no responsible, healthy and safe adult should ever be experiencing "Long term comedowns" as a direct result of ingesting MDMA. Anxiety, depression, insomnia, erectile dysfunction or any other of your self diagnosed "ailments" can't just be lightly blamed as a side effect of MDMA. Career victims such as yourself have a habit of ignoring harm reduction practices and avoid admitting to ANY responsibility for their experience. Talk about "the current level of discourse". Good riddance!

Unfortunately there isn't exactly this great selection of support groups for people with post-drug use issues. So I came here since I couldn't find a forum for 'Was Told It Is MDMA But Actually Probably Maybe Who Knows Was Not'

I have multiple times written that I think my current health issues are /not/ from pure MDMA, but a mix of very poor quality produce, with a possibility of some predisposition. Because of one weekends irresponsible stupidity my health was ruined to the point that I had to quit work, school and move back with my parents. One year later I've improved much but continue to be disabled. This is not a fun hobby for me. It's caused inhumane suffering to me and my family. This forum for some has been a place of support during a health crisis which has often been left undiagnosed.

I don't think I can be of much help to others right now, and I really don't feel there's much help to received here anymore. A big thanks to the likes of Cotcha Yankinov, a shame he seems to have gone MIA. I hope the man gets a medal or something.
Career victim such as myself, signing out.
Peace ya'll..

Last edited:
My anxiety levels are somewhere around the range they were before. My main symptoms are in the areas of extreme stimulus sensitivity meaning as long as I'm in a dark quiet room things are somewhat bearable but going outside it gets way overwhelming and confusing. I have involuntary eye movements, sensations of electric shocks behind my eyes and neck, uncontrollable neck spasms, inability to focus on one spot , sharp pain behind eyes, red veins in eyes. migraines, tinnitus, blurry vision, HPPD and such. When my symptoms are flaring up after poor sleep or whatever even something brushing against my skin can trigger these uncontrollable spasms. There have been some with only HPPD, others with anhedonia and such. It's quite a mixed crowd really imo. There can be a sort of camaraderie attitude in uniting under this LTC recovery and maybe the term is what's throwing people off. Really it's just arguing semantics to me. LTC, Post-drug issues, whatever, call it what you will, who gives a shit? Anxiety issues are also very common so to me it makes perfect sense that for many, often young adults, a drug binge can be their first trigger into a burn out type of state. I don't know, I really don't know. Neither do you, that guy above me who posted, the one who's going to post below proclaiming whatever he feels like, or most doctors.Unfortunately there isn't exactly this great selection of support groups for people with post-drug use issues. So I came here since I couldn't find a forum for 'Was Told It Is MDMA But Actually Probably Maybe Who Knows Was Not'I have multiple times written that I think my current health issues are /not/ from pure MDMA, but a mix of very poor quality produce, with a possibility of some predisposition. Because of one weekends irresponsible stupidity my health was ruined to the point that I had to quit work, school and move back with my parents. One year later I've improved much but continue to be disabled. This is not a fun hobby for me. It's caused inhumane suffering to me and my family. This forum for some has been a place of support during a health crisis which has often been left undiagnosed.I don't think I can be of much help to others right now, and I really don't feel there's much help to received here anymore. A big thanks to the likes of Cotcha Yankinov, a shame he seems to have gone MIA. I hope the man gets a medal or something.
Career victim such as myself, signing out.
Peace ya'll..
I have zero sympathy for """"""" victims """""""" that willingly go out of their way to avoid harm reduction practices and claim to be """"""inhumanely disabled""""" as a result, without receiving any actual diagnosis from a medical professional.

Last edited:
Basically you're saying;

The OP is perfectly entitled to their opinion.

You could say the exact same thing about anxiety disorders; many people have the same symptoms. I'm unsure there is anything specific to what people describe as an LTC that isn't discussed as a symptom of anxiety.

There is a misconception that anxiety is simply nervousness or panic - it's more of a spectrum of many strange and distressing disorders. There is little doubt that LTC is an anxiety/depressive disorder, or a collection of them. Whether or not it is specifically only caused by MDMA or that this is anything new is a completely different thing.

Im pretty sure that hormones are heavily implicated in the LTC.

Its semantics of classification whether HPA axis or hormonal issues are to be called "anxiety disorders" or not.

There are definitely people who take MDMA and end up with an LTC that would never otherwise experience anxiety/depression in their life. Something in the brain/body got imbalanced, but thats not the same as saying "permanantly damaged."

If nothing changed at a physical/chemical level then in my opinion it is impossible to have the LTC symptoms.

The fact that similar symptoms can be caused by a real stressor does not mean they are equivalent. In one case symptoms were induced physiologically and in the other psychologically.

I suffered panic attacks for a year after taking 3.5g of dried cubensis. Nothing relevant happened during the trip, I just started having those attacks every few days. Something strange.

Brain chemistry is very delicate and we have to be aware that drugs can alter our psyche in many unexpected ways.

DocLad

In my younger years I used to go clubbing in London weekend after weekend and took a gram of MDMA or many pills(10 give or take) on every occasion. I did this for years and never had a problem.

There are dozens of threads in this forum as well as other harm reduction sites about what is the safest maximum dosage and most of them agree that for LONG TERM USE once every 2 months is as far as you can go and still be safe. Some people push it as far as once a month.
Here is someone who claims that he is been using 10 pills every weekend and has been doing that for years and never had a problem. I thought that 10 pills in one night would send you straight to the emergency room.
Excuse me but AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE ?????

Last edited:
There are dozens of threads in this forum as well as other harm reduction sites about what is the safest maximum dosage and most of them agree that for LONG TERM USE once every 2 months is as far as you can go and still be safe. Some people push it as far as once a month.
Here is someone who claims that he is been using 10 pills every weekend and has been doing that for years and never had a problem. I thought that 10 pills in one night would send you straight to the emergency room.

Maybe there's a post somewhere in the forum where a dealer brags how he scammed some kid selling him aspirin for mdma weeks after weeks. =D

Yeh, you're missing the fact that some people can handle their drugs... ;)

That's not to say it's big or clever to do a gramme of MDMA or 10 pills in one night, but it's certainly not unheard of. However, I would question the quality of the product if those quantities are required...

Last edited:
Maybe there's a post somewhere in the forum where a dealer brags how he scammed some kid selling him aspirin for mdma weeks after weeks. =D

Zeroluck thats what i thought too, LOL.
But even if it was aspirin with 10 tabs, in the long run, he would still ended up with damaged kidneys or something, LOL

The one that posted that was only posting what happens there have been and are people taking MDMA pills in ammounts that are so exceeding any harm reduction protocol. There were discothecs loaded with speed taking pill munching and raves. They did however have acces to cheap high quality drugs. I guess that is one of the few benefits of this shithole of a country.

I wonder if any of them had any of those so called LTC's I could still be in one after all that MDMA but I moved to other drugs. Met missery along the way so what is causing what and which are related to time. Is a hard guess. But I guess I did not have LTC hated the tuesdays in the latter period though. But some of the LTC reports sound real bad and are of people doing it a few times dosing ammounts I would call lite usage and experiencing this phenomenom. Without being muddled of extended poly drug use like myself so I keep an open view on this subject.

I've had a high tolerance from day one. Of course the quality of drugs always varies, but I can assure you we had some very good stuff in London back in the day. And I guess the more you take the more you become even more tolerant. It was nothing like having a death wish, I was just having a good time.

" I HAVE A THEORY, what all you experienced was not true, but my theory. MY THEORY IS TRUE"

maybe you should start off with "i have a theory", not "I dismiss all of your theories".

because it makes you seem like a huge asshat