• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin withdrawl

Lionfire

Greenlighter
Intro, so to start it out, I almost had 4 years clean of all drugs. Heroin was my drug of choice, back then I was younger and had no money. Now I?ve gotten more established in my life have a home a family good job. I relapsed a few months ago and used like never before. Really used every hour or 2 and spent thousands of dollars and used a few grams a day. It?s time to stop. I got a sub prescription. Waited about 16 hours was so so sick and hurting. Used suboxen it didn?t help and sent me into precipitated withdrawl. It was so bad. I decided to not use suboxen and just fight through it. I got to the end of day 3 and gave up. I went and got more H... I?m a wimp and suck at withdrawals I can?t go to detox center. I don?t want to be hooked on suboxen forever though and ideally won?t do it. By using today did I completely start over my withdrawals. Or during withdraw if I like use one or t2 subs will it start over. I just want to get free from this evil. Also tips for things to help through the withdrawl

Welcome to BL & Other Drugs Lionfire

Ultimately the bupe(subs) can help lead a more productive life then trying to sustain a heroin habit, but yeah bupe dependency is difficult to shake. For a 3-5 day detox off H keep adding the Bupe till you're comfortable as going into PWD and trying to fight your way out with nothing is total hell. The long duration of action and partial agonism makes for a much easier transition off of full agonist opioids. If you used H then yes you can expect more WD's but even a day or two of bupe can make quitting easier.

Tips for opioid WD

So did the relapse of the H completely start over my withdrawls? And I have suboxen the 8-2, I don’t want to be hooked on them or even use them long term. How could I properly use them propwely just to get through the first week of withdrawal?

^ Not sure how much H you used or for how long after the 3 days, but yeah you are guaranteed at least some degree of WD unless you used less than a point.

The Eleven said:
Hey all, I have been constantly searching this site for information on short term suboxone detox ( and when i mean short term I am talking 1-4 days, not 15-20) i have one 8mg sub, and am planning on taking it for the first few days of withdrawl
Day One: 3mg
Day Two: 2mg
Day three: 1.5 mg
Day 4: i mg
Day 5: some benzo's,headies and exercise (hardcore, sweating it out is my modus operendi (sp) (have 1 mg left over, and some clonidine)
so i know from quitting cold turkey the worst of he w/d is over in 5 days, and i am pretty sure that you cannot become dependent on suboxone with just one 8mg pill. my favorite part of W/D cold turkey is the extreme increase in sexual excitement and horniness, i find sub's act like dope in this aspect. I do not expect painless W/D or want it (because i want to remember how bad it was), yet cant completely go cold turkey because of school/work/gf/ and family.

This is a common quick taper that can be adjusted up or down depending on H WD intensity but it's best not to get to high with the dosages so that the cessation is easier.

Suboxone-buprenorphine-FAQ-and-megathread

Here's another few takes on it:

First day 24 hrs after you get high never go earlier then 24 hrs since the last high can fuck you up. Any way get high at like 8pm. 8pm the next day put 2 mg under your tounge let dissolve for 15-20 min. 1 hr later after the first 2 mg, snort an 8th of a pill let it sit in you nose for as long as possible. Go to bed you'll be fine. 2 nd day take 2 mg 1hr after you wake up under the tounge. Every 3-4 hrs snort a 16 th of a pill. Only snort 3 times though making sure the last time you snort is 2 hrs before you go to bed. 3rd day take 1 mg 6hrs after waking up. 4th day snort 1/16 before bed. This work for me and I dont get restless syndrome or cold sweats. Also a really really good thing is to get 1 mg of xannex for day 2-3. It helps extremely for sleep it puts you out but you wake up fine the next day take 2-3 hrs before bed. Also from day 1-3 take ibrofen 400 mg after breakfast and 400mg 4-6hrs later. You also need to get your hands on a multivitamin helps a lot rebuilds all the shit you fuck up way way faster take one once a day for day 1-7. If you follow this guide I promise you it works you feel 80% normal day 1-3 day four 85% normal and day 5 89% better. It takes 7 days to get over the main shit after day 5 its all mental just rebuilding dopamine and shit so you feel a lil down and stuff but physical is gone 100% by day 4 or 5.

List,
(2) 8 mg suboxone/subutex pill/strip. They can be mixed same thing.

2mg of xannex

(12) 200 mg ibuprofen (helps a lot!)

(7) daily multi vitamins

* note suboxone put under tounge or snorted must dissolve minimum 15 min without swallowing spit or swallowing drips. Your stomach acid 100% destroys suboxone or subutex. It must absorb through blood vessels under tongue or nose. Like I said this is what I did and it worked for me, everyone is different don't quote me on it, my experience and my research I always advise doing your own dont ever take one persons idea, I research a lot and take the average of things said and equate what I know about myself to produce my own solution. Day 6 try to start a very easy exercise regiment slowly increasing everyday, help build dopamine n stuff and make you feel better, get used to a more active life and will help you keep your mind off relapsing. Gl

I've got a ton of experience with subs and recently tapered off a period of heavy H use using a single strip over about a week.

You will still experience some degree of withdrawal, probably bad insomnia, anxiety, and depression, probably for a week or so after stopping. There is no way to totally escape the pain of opiate withdrawal, however subs will stretch it out and make it bearable. I'd expect to feel kinda shitty for a couple of weeks after using for that long, and some residual symptoms for a month or more,

You'll probably feel worse and worse for a few days, then around a week in you'll probably start pulling out of the worst of it. Doing 5-10 bags for a year and a half, you're gonna have your pay the piper one way or another
If you can get a small amount of benzos for the anxiety and some benadryl for the insomnia, that should get you through the worst of it.

I'd recommend NOT getting on subs long term, opiate maintenance is a miserable deal unless you absolutely need it. I spent years on sub maintenance, then methadone maintenance, it was awful. If you find yourself going back to the heroin, however, subs are a better option.

I actually got off of IV H using a 5 day Suboxone taper. I felt fine while I was on the Subs and then slowly the withdrawal hit me. I didn't start getting diarrhea/sweating/insomnia until a whole 5 days after jumping off. It never really got too bad but the withdrawal symptoms lingered for a while. I'd get mild chills and sweating for a week and didn't sleep right for about 3 weeks. If I wasn't in rehab I might have copped but overall it was much more bearable than cold turkey and I would probably follow the same regimen if I had to kick again, only with a lot of benzos and some weed (Rehab didn't provide those for some reason).
Day 1: 1 mg
Day 2: .5mg Morning/.5mg night ( i found that personaly spliting the doses up by 12hrs insted of 24hrs helps me sleep better.)
Day 3: .5mg Morning/.25mg night
Day 4: .25mg Morning/.25mg night
Day 5: .25mg Morning/ .1 night
Day 6: .1mg morning/ nothing at night
Day 7: .1mg morning/ nothing at night
Day 8: NOthing!
Day 9: .1mg morning/ nothing at night
Day 10 nothing
Day 11: NOthing! (the day i origanaly posted)
DAy 12: NOthing! (Today)
So what i experienced was that on the night of the 9th day i already felt the withdrawals geting worse, During the taper i still had symptoms (minor joint pain, sensitive to the cold, and some lack of sleep, which is nothing compaired to CT) But the day i stoped the sub i definitely felt an immediate increase in the discomfort.
On day 10 when i woke up it was a little worse (More joint pain, very sensitive to cold, Diarrhea, and that night i pritty much didnt sleep at all ,prolly like 3 hrs because of some pritty bad RLS, which i suffer from even when im not withdrawing)
Now its Day 12 my 3rd day with nothing and last night i slept like a baby, when i woke up i felt a major improvement ( No joint pain, no diarrhea, still a little sensitive to the cold and some very minor anxiety. but those are the only symptoms i have.

This last one might be a better fit if you haven't been doing that much H. It would be a shame to go onto using too much Suboxone but you're going to have to feel out a decent dose that matches what you were using H wise without seriously over estimating. Just enough to be semi comfortable but not all warm and fuzzy or nodding & sleepy.

-Best-Way-to-Use-Suboxone-Subutex-to-Detox

List of sub taper threads

Perhaps try methadone? You wont have to wait for withdrawal to get so bad, no precipitated withdrawal. I'm in it for maintenance and it's fine. Don't be scared off by the propaganda....it might be what u need in a low dose. Say 30 mgs and taper from there

Wait it out a bit longer then Start subs for low dose maintenance after the initial acute withdrawal if you need to. And no you aren't at square 1. That isn't really how that works. From my own experience. In my experience, it's never just once. As as you don't use again lol good luck my friend. I am on day 6 with No sub or methadone. Stay away from methadone if you can. It is bad news. random tid bit. Lol.. using things like Kratom are addictive. Poppy seeds put me in the hospital from withdrawal. Now kratom is not like that but all these little things we use are far more expensive physically and financially. Nothing at all is the way to go and I know you can do it.

Last edited:
thanks guys.. this week I need to be functional again, so my plan is just to use then Thursday night be last time then Friday night start with sub - my plan is
day 1: 8mg
day 2: 6mg
day 3: 4mg
day 4: 4mg
day 5: 2mg
day 6: 2mg
then day 7: 0

do you guys think this will be very difficult.. I have to be able to work and completely function.

good taper plan; however, you're still gunna feel like shit after day 7. I recommend the following:

1.) Nyquil (sleep & anxiety)
2.) Immodium (loperamide helps for all symptoms)
3.) Valerian Root (for anxiety)
4.) Melatonin (sleep)
5.) Kava Kava (anxiety/sleep)
6.) Multi vitamin (energy)
7.) Black Seed Oil (inflammation/muscle pain/achiness)
8.) Magnesium (muscle aches)

Try Kratom. I used opiates heavily for 3 years solid. Hydrocodone and Heroin. I started withdrawing bad and bought some kratom (red bali strain) and took ALL of the symptoms away. I literally went from horribly sick to perfect within a hour or so. It was crazy. I absolutely recommend that!

This website is for the purpose of HARM REDUCTION. To help him get off street opiates and to help the withdrawling process.

This is the website I use. It has great quality Kratom and is one of the cheapest on the market.
<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, you have to let the H get as much out of your system as you can. I hate that I relapse. It always seems to happen when things are going great for me. It is almost like I tell myself I am doing so good that I deserve to treat myself with using. How stupid is that and yet I am sure I will do it again. As a matter of fact, I have discovered tianeptine, That is a beast. If you ever come across it online and think you should try it, please don't. I am sure that some people can get good use of it but us addicts, nope we will abuse it. The subs will only work if you also apply some sort of counseling with it. You will have to find ways of deterring yourself when you get the urge. I have not found anything powerful enough to stop me when I get it in my mind that I am going to. Good luck and try to wait 24 hours after your last dose of H and then try the subs.