• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Here for you anytime, your friend, Ash.

EPL1

Bluelighter
So I've been talking to my dear friend Dale/SoCal424 lately and we are both of the same mindset, and he really got me thinking, so I thought I would make a new post, because I feel it's important.

Some of you may have gotten to know me around here, I may seem like a bit of a cheerleader, but I'm more than that, I am your friend, a real friend that wants the best for you and I truly want you to succeed.

When I say those words, here for you anytime, your friend, Ash. I mean it. You all have a real friend in me and I will be here to support you NO MATTER WHAT.

I have noticed over the past few months that a few of you that I've sent messages to have stopped responding, so I thought I would say that I want to hear from you regardless of if you're killing your quit or if you're feeling like a bag of shit going through WD's for the 22nd time or even if you've slipped and started using again....

Wherever you're at we will always be friends, I will always be here to support you, and good or bad, no judgement from me, I would just like you to know you can count on me for friendship and support.

I'm not sure if anyone even reads these posts of mine but I felt this was important to get out.

Here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ash.

Ash , thank you for supporting people like me and others. Some of us don't want to or need to go the rehab route. You and a few others give that support that we need during this time . Only 3 people ( wife , mom and dad ) know I'm in this process. So having the extra support really means so much to me . Keep doing what you are doing . It really helps a lot to have a place to talk to others going through the same thing as me . Im still wondering why I can't message . Maybe Toothpastedog will visit soon and help me out . I can't even fill in my profile . I'm pretty sure I verified my email .
Ash, Again thank you for supporting people like me.

Hello my friend Hik!! Me waving.. ; )

I am so happy you are getting the support you need both from your lovely family and from this forum, that's really great!!! Tell me how you're doing today?

I hope you get the whole pm thing sorted out, I will contact TPD for you and see if he can help you with that.

Hugs Hik,
here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ash.

Ash , thank you for supporting people like me and others. Some of us don't want to or need to go the rehab route. You and a few others give that support that we need during this time . Only 3 people ( wife , mom and dad ) know I'm in this process. So having the extra support really means so much to me . Keep doing what you are doing . It really helps a lot to have a place to talk to others going through the same thing as me . Im still wondering why I can't message . Maybe Toothpastedog will visit soon and help me out . I can't even fill in my profile . I'm pretty sure I verified my email .
Ash, Again thank you for supporting people like me.

You really are a nice and inspiring presence here. I love to read your post of encouragement. Everyone needs a little inspiration and good will to get past these times. Thank you for that. :)

Thanks D, You're a sweetheart, you know that?

I read one of your posts about your friend passing and also about your dog Max I think. Please accept my deepest condolences, that's really a shame.

I hope you get a great job, I see you're applying for them and so I wish you the best of luck!

And when you feel ready to quit yourself, I will be here to support you any way I can.

Your friend, here for you anytime.
Ashley.
You really are a nice and inspiring presence here. I love to read your post of encouragement. Everyone needs a little inspiration and good will to get past these times. Thank you for that. :)

^that is a very insightful question :) hope you are making time for yourself too Ash!

JAMA tells me it’s the summer of self care ;)

I get my support from others in BL, just like everyone else. ; )

Dr. Griffin,who do you have to lean on?

Ash.

Ash, who have you got to lean on when the going gets tough?

Last edited:
I have NEVER made time for myself before this year to be honest, but I'm doing it now.; )

Hope you're having the BEST summer TPD because you're the best!!!

Your friend,
Ash.
^that is a very insightful question :) hope you are making time for yourself too Ash!

JAMA tells me it’s the summer of self care ;)

You're too kind Hik, how are you doing today? I will go look at your thread too!!

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

You're a sweet and wonderful person Ashley, and we're happy to have you here!

Thank you my dear friend. I left you a message over on your lovely thread too.

Have a great day,
your friend,
Ash.

You're a sweet and wonderful person Ashley, and we're happy to have you here!

Hi Ash-
Thank you again for all the wonderful support you give to people here on BL. Every time I look, you've posted somewhere - often many places, and it all makes life better for those receiving your messages of support and hope. You inspire me! If BL has guardian angels, you must be one of them.

I hope you're feeling good today.

“It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do :)
Your friend,
Dale

Thanks so much!!! You're a good man Dale, and it makes me happy when I come on here and read one of your caring messages, a true diamond in the rough.

Your friend always,
Ash.

Hi Ash,
I hope you're having a great weekend and are feeling good. I have the "slows" today, if you know what I mean, but it's a good day. I've noticed that I no longer mentally count the days I'm sober. I think that's a good thing as it means I'm mentally moving even further away from the memories of methadone and withdrawals. I doubt I will ever forget how bad the WD's were, but I don't think about it everyday anymore.

"I asked my boss if I can come to work a little late today. He said “Dream on.” I think that was really nice of him."
Your friend,
Dale

Ashley,

It's people like you who inspire me to try to stay positive even on my dark days. Keep up the good vibes. You have no idea how much you are helping folks.

Peace&Love,
jasper

Hey ash , you really help us too . It's nice to have you checking in on us near daily. I hope your making time for yourself.