• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom taper? I can't CT unfortunately.

Sertürner

Bluelight Crew
Hello BLr's I am currently taking about 16-24g of dried leaf powder daily and need to taper. I can't cold turkey for work reasons (due to my profession I can't walk around sick as hell, my company just won't allow being sick in front of the patients i handle, and I need the hours haha) so I need to do this smoothly.

I have 3oz of kratom left. I take 7-8g (1tbsp) in the morning, 8 g at noon or so, and sometimes another 8 g in the evening.

I already take 3mg alprazolam daily and don't have any extras to help with the discomfort. And I take 40mg vyvanse every day as well.

Any suggestions on a smooth taper with the little amount I have left?

You can do a 7 day taper dropping each individual dose by 1-3grams.

day1: 7-5-7
day2: 6-4-6
day3: 5-3-5
day4: 4-2-4
day5: 3-1-3
day6: 2.5-2.5-2.5
day7: 2.5-2.5-2.5
then if my math is right you'll have like ~4 grams left on day8 so just use that however you want.

If you only have 3oz left then this is how i would do it to ease withdrawals. You can put that lower dose wherever you prefer in the day. Depending on how your schedule works you can change the time of the lower dose.

I have done tapers similar to the one above and it works out pretty well, although i usually do it in smaller incriments spread over more time.

Hello BLr's I am currently taking about 16-24g of dried leaf powder daily and need to taper. I can't cold turkey for work reasons (due to my profession I can't walk around sick as hell, my company just won't allow being sick in front of the patients i handle, and I need the hours haha) so I need to do this smoothly.

I have 3oz of kratom left. I take 7-8g (1tbsp) in the morning, 8 g at noon or so, and sometimes another 8 g in the evening.

I already take 3mg alprazolam daily and don't have any extras to help with the discomfort. And I take 40mg vyvanse every day as well.

Any suggestions on a smooth taper with the little amount I have left?

You don't feel that the Vyvanse can mask a lot of the Kratom WD for you?

I'm not nearly as dependent on Kratom as you probably are, but for me, the main symptom is lethargy and exhaustion, and stimulants like Dex and Adderall usually allow me to stay awake and functional and push through about 5 days without dosing and then my withdrawal is gone.

Maybe your dependence is just stronger than mine.

How long have you been taking Kratom daily for?

I definitely agree that amphetamines can help with certain withdrawal aspects, especially in making that the depression goes away instantly and is replaced with that alert euphoric bliss. But there are too many negative side effects of taking it to relieve withdrawal for me. My blood pressure and pulse (which are already high at baseline) spike dramatically when faced with both opiate WD and amphetamines. My pulse stays around 95-110 at any given time. My BP is usually 150-170/95-110 resting. So even though i might feel a bit better mentally I tend to feel the heavy physical load it bears on my body through the whole day (might be different it weren't so long acting, like IR addies).

Oh and ive been taking kratom for about 3 years. With about a 9 month break somewhere in there because I moved to state where it's banned but then GTFO of there and came back. Before this I had been IV'ing heroin and suboxone for 3-4 years.

That's exactly how I feel. I love Low doses, it tends to work great for uplifting the mood and mental discomfort, but if it's an extended release or too high of a dose then it makes the withdrawal way worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
amphetamine is awful for withdrawal in my opinion, way too much body load

Well I had mixed success with using Adderall for it this week.

On the plus side, I was able to fight through the exhaustion that Kratom causes and be productive while breaking my Kratom dependency.

On the down side, my doctor prescribed me WAY too much, 20mg pills, and I'm an anxious guy who drinks about 6-8 cups a day, so while I broke my Kratom dependency, now I've had about 4 major freakouts in the past 2 weeks or so and have felt drained energy wise because I just haven't been able to figure out a dose low enough not to exacerbate my anxiety.

I am figuring that if I can instead get a prescription for the lowest possible amount, 10mg extended released Vyvanse or at least 10mg extended release Dex or Adderall, that the body load will be much tamer (this is what I've heard), that I won't get so much anxiety or abuse potential, and it could be much more helpful, so that's what I'm trying next, cause I feel I need a stimulant stronger than coffee handy when I have Kratom WD, because even though I do my best to space my doses out so as not to get dependent, if or when I DO get dependent on Kratom, I am literally incapable of doing nearly anything but sleep for about 3-5 days.

All I need is 1) to moderate my Kratom usage LOL and 2) if all else fails, have a milder but more prolonged and less anxiolytic stimulant to help me be productive through those few days of Kratom WD.

You don't personally think that would work for me?

Cause I'm pretty sure it would, since other than lethargy and mild depression, at my relatively moderate level of Kratom usage (the most I've ever used in a row in my life was 8 days in a row and I generally keep it to 3-4 a week)....i dont get bad WD symptoms...other than the unbearable lethargy that is.

That's exactly how I feel. I love Low doses, it tends to work great for uplifting the mood and mental discomfort, but if it's an extended release or too high of a dose then it makes the withdrawal way worse.

Wait, you feel even a LOW dose of extended release makes it worse??

I mean like 10mgs extended release Vyvanse or Dex, which equals out to about 3.33mgs per every 4 hours and is released slowly through the blood stream.

How could you find that to make WD worse than taking a short blast of like a 10 or 20mg Adderall that lasts 4 hours and then causes a crash and a need for a redose??

That just makes ZERO sense to me.

After my recent experience I feel a combination of LOW dosage AND SLOW time release, preferably in pro-drug Vyvanse form, would be the way to go for an anxious person like me: just steady but not overpowering energy that doesn't really get me high or euphoric but lasts all day long with less abuse potential.

I have never taken a low dose extended release before during WD. That might help. I personally find that extended release makes my insomnia horrible during withdrawal. But the lowest extended release dose I have taken is 30mg. Maybe if I were to divide that into 10mg it would help, but I would be too concerned that i wouldnt be able to sleep.

So I split my 40mg vyvanse in ~1/2 and tried that out. Definitely a lot better Mycophile! Still some excess stimulation and blood pressure and pulse issues but not nearly as bad. Will be trying about 10mg of vyvanse powder tomorrow. I think you are right. The XR formulations at LOW doses do prove to be pretty beneficial. Very happy with the results. Thanks!

I have never taken a low dose extended release before during WD. That might help. I personally find that extended release makes my insomnia horrible during withdrawal. .

That is exactly what I was thinking. My only experience on this is with dextro-amphetamine IR. Which I took daily at that time. But when withdrawing, great taper schedule btw, I learned to not skip my therapeutic dosages at 9 and 13:30 but the latter one if possible I would skip. As it during withdrawal does mess with my sleep. Normally I can sleep well before the estimated duration is over.

So even after cutting the dose in half I have really bad stimulation. I have had over 12 drinks (on top of my 3mg alpraz today) and am still fully functional and only a little tired. Will try cutting the dose in 1/4 tomorrow. My blood pressure is high as well, I can feel it in my head, but no tachycardia though which is a plus.