• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin for Buprenorphine (subutex) withdrawal

bigjon69

Greenlighter
Cheers! I was on bupe for half a year on 16mg.. Last three months i've been spitting out the pills and saving them - doing 4-16mg intranasally. Long story short I quit going to the clinic as I felt like I was living in a prison. It's been 6 days now since I took my last dose. The withdrawal got worse by the day. Nothing like H withdrawal.. It was day 4 when body pain, stomach cramps and insomnia hit, on the 5th day I woke up at 3 am.. (I always sleep until 10-12h) I got me some H to help me with withdrawal. Just for a few days. Is this a smart move? I searched all over interwebz but didn't get any information on said subject. Does anybody have any info or insight on this? I'm also tapering benzo's and was at 2mg clonazepam, but then due to such bad withdrawal went back to 6mg daily.. Now when I got H, i feel normal. How long does this bupe wd last?
Wish you a nice day.

I was on Bupe for 18 months starting at 8mg and jumping off at 400mcg I took a large dose of Codeine about 5 didn't feel a thing, I think if you have been on it for a long period of time it takes a long time to wash out, Codeine isn't H but they are still from the same family.

I think what would really help is some benzo's.

Helping aid in WD with that is probably a bad idea, especially with something that hits fast and hard - it makes the chances of relapsing higher when you start introducing a drug that provides big ups and downs in a short period.. Sub is meant for tapering from heroin for a good reason. Sub is very long-lasting, the films can be reduced down into fractions of a strip, or fractions of a fraction; this allows for slow gradual dose-reduction. This is what you should do if you can, a super slow and gradual taper. Sub will take about a week to come out of your system since your last dose,,However if you have no way to get subs for a controlled taper, you may want to look into alternatives. Benzodiazepines, antihistamines, certain psychostimulants like bupropion (Wellbutrin), and neuroleptics like gabapentin can all help. Immodium OTC is an opioid that doesn't cross the blood brain barrier and can help with diarrhea without providing central nervous system high. This is if you want to manage WD symptoms.. If you are set for sure on doing another opioid drug, maybe look into Kratom. The H is just going to suck you back in most likely.