Bluelight

Thread: Lyrica for GAD

1. Collapse Details
    Lyrica for GAD 
    After trying a number of anxiolytics over the years, I have finally found one that works for me. I am lucky I have a doctor that talks to me like a proper human being, not an addict. He is open to new ideas so I began researching different drugs with properties that diminished Generalised Anxiety and Depression. I finally found Lyrica. Now in terms of how it works, no one really knows yet. All we know is that it binds with calcium channels found on nerve cells in the spinal cord and brain. Pregabalin is a structural analogue of GABA. It works similar to Gabapentin as an analgesic. It is primarily used for treating neuropathic pain.

There have been several studies in regards to Lyrica and the treatment of GAD. Some concluded that Lyrica was an effective drug in the therapy of GAD and could even become a substitute for other medications. Others derived nothing from their studies at all. Anyways, so I began taking Lyrica a month ago. I was prescribed 150mg twice daily. I was sceptical. But it turns out that Lyrica turns off my anxiety like a switch. I am not sedated, I can think clearly.

The beautiful thing about it is I don't feel it coming up, there is only a small amount of euphoria. I haven't felt this 'normal' in years. I have suffered from crippling GAD and Depression my whole life. Lyrica could potentially replace the SSRI I am on. Maybe even replace my sleep meds. I have been sleeping perfectly! I can sleep without my sleep meds for the first time in a long time. Now I know it is still early days but I just wanted to share with everyone my experiences.
    Last edited by SAMSMITH; 14-07-2018 at 12:48.