• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone withdrawal help and advice please.

alwayslate

Greenlighter
This is my first time posting and I would greatly appreciate any help or advice.

To make a long story short I have been taking 40-80mg of Hydrocodone for two weeks more recreationaly than anything else. I have also taken it intermittently the last 3 years. I suffer from clinical depression and in the past have had serious boughts with my depression after stopping the Hydrocodone. I already take 300mg daily of venlafaxine for the depression.

My last dose of Hydrocodone was Monday, today is Friday. I?ve had a horribly upset stomach, sweating, tired and no motivation for really anything but only mild issues with depression thus far.

I?m worried it might come on strong after the initial physical phase. I?m too embarrassed to tell my brother who is really my only family and who I?m staying with right now.

Can anyone recommend help with withdrawal symptoms? Success dealing with the depression? Any other tips?

I really want this to be the end of using for me. Thanks for any and all insight.

Hello there, welcome to the forum. I was a hydrocodone/heroin addict for a long time. I also have depression (though not clinically diagnosed), but I am no longer taking either of those and started taking Kratom, which helped 100% with the withdrawals and is also helping my depression. It was a win-win (it also takes away the pain from my herniated discs). But if you want something to help with either of those, I definitely recommend it.

Hello I am on the same same as you and am also on here for exactly the same reason

Can you tell me a bit more about Kratom? I saw it on some other posts but don?t know much about it. And thank you for responding!

Last edited: