• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

a big "waddup" from your favorite hippy on the west c0aSt

techn0hippy

Greenlighter
My name's techn0hippy and I like amphetamines and psychedelics.

That is all. Much love.

Hippys are cool... been there and many other facets of my personality.
Love tech as well. All over it but hard to get paid for ones knowledge these days (too many that don't know their shit gets the job at a fraction of the cost of an adept one): Same as iron-work and many other areas.
That said... there are plenty of sub-forums dedicated to your likes.
Happy journey.
Peace

Hippys are cool... been there and many other facets of my personality.
Love tech as well. All over it but hard to get paid for ones knowledge these days (too many that don't know their shit gets the job at a fraction of the cost of an adept one): Same as iron-work and many other areas.
Happy journey.
Peace

Thank you for the warm welcome! We seem to have a lot in common and I really look forward to sharing my amphetamine/psychedelic fueled adventures with you and this beautiful community in the near future! And idk if you're specifically into computers, but web development and network security really tickles my fancy. I've taught myself HTML, CSS, PHP, and SQL with absolutely no drive to apply it anywhere. I really want to start messing around with Raspberry Pi and reading more about circuit theory. Enough about me though. Where do your scopes and interests fall, in regards to tech?

Last edited:
Where do your scopes and interests fall, in regards to tech?
Systems engineering/integration, networking, pretty much all levels of hardware diag/install/replace including occasional reballing of GPUs and CPUs, software installations/troubleshooting and cracking, most any mobile device repair(s) and some re-coding of useful programs. Love to create portable versions of proprietary software =D.
Thought I wanted to be a programmer/coder after returning from serbia 25 years ago but realized real quick that sitting at a keyboard all day just would not do.
Basically burnt out of it all now. Seems I find more joy in circumventing babylon from prying into all our business than integrating/repairing/creating anymore... which is a sad state of affairs, IMO.
Tech is not my source of income these days: Looks like I will be going from cook to iron-work again for a while. Love iron-work....
Thanks for the exchange, hippy.
Over

...these days (too many that don't know their shit gets the job at a fraction of the cost of an adept one): Same as iron-work and many other areas.
Happy journey.
Peace
Welcome techn0hippy. I just joined myself several hours ago. I lived in CA for a couple years & had an amphetamine / psychedelic fueled life (dragon, 4-way WP & MicroD). Looking forward to conversing with you in the forums. I noticed that PtahTec mentioned iron-work (quoted). I'm disabled now but my last job was in the metal stamping industry reading blueprints and estimating 'cost to mfgr the part' (tooling, labor & press time) back to the customer. I loved it too! Never knew what was next; anything from a simple washer to a complicated part that goes on the Apache helicopter. Anyway, what are sub-forums? Being a newbie I'm trying to learn the lingo used here @ BL. >peace ✌

... Anyway, what are sub-forums?....
Hi, Tex. Glad you made it. :)
Maybe it is not technically sub-forums: I reference forums in this manner sometimes and probably in err.
Example:
Arrow (Forums)
Stars (Sub-forums)
Untitled_zpsed4obs67.png

Edit: Looks like I am on my way to s. fla... iron-work has called out to me and i answer. Will be great for me to get back to what i enjoy. I know the cliche about love your job and its never work but it holds true in this situation.
Structural is where my interests are. Basically akin to framing in carpentry. Absolutely love walking beams, girders and bar-joists (connecting) as there is relatively no hazards to the work. If one were on the ground, one has to worry about heavy machinery, dropped items from floor(s) above, muck/mire, mosquitoes and other creepies and the dangers that can be associated with too many chiefs and not enough native-americans.
Also worth mentioning is dealing with over-stressed contractors, project managers, inspectors, disgruntled employees and the rest of the ground-crew(s). I flag the oversized-erector set piece into position, secure it and move on to the next connecting-point. Other than an occasional co-connector I fly solo (a competent co-connector is always welcome and a special bond ensues; trusting each other to the point of life or death <--- Closest I can relate this to is a combat-war buddy).
Although most in this trade are moderate to heavy users of solids and liquids: I intend to bank money and pay down some I.O.U.s, get my license, a decent ride and improve quality of life for the wife as well as myself. Note that these are my goals <--- anyone that believes in prayer please feel free that my compass does't go askew.
Thanks and bless

Last edited:
Thanks as I do fear propagating misinformation... just freakin' destructive.

Thanks, I appreciate the welcome info.

Oh, I re-read my post about my work in metal stamping & realized I didn't make my point that tied into your post. Which was that we lost a lot of jobs to China (don't know their shit & the QA suffers) So many end-users get sub-par parts!

.... we lost a lot of jobs to China (don't know their shit & the QA suffers) So many end-users get sub-par parts!
Understand the frustration(s) of "out-sourcing" yet if those who actually ran our countries weren't so greedy maybe we could have the quality and wage that would possibly go with it. Sorry... cannot get started on poly-tricks as blood pressure starts going up and first thoughts are a coupla bars to stop the babylon. So will leave it and stay on topic for HR purposes. Probably the wrong sub to post politics, anyway.
I've had some work with sheet metal and corrugated iron decking. Usually when it is time to install a roof system and this phase I abhor. I move to the next erection site <--- no pun or other inference(s). Metal sheeting and decking is like being in a microwave when working with it outdoors (specially s fla). My skin is pale and I don't do microwaves well.
BTW: I love Chinese products... they are cheap, disposable and we have someone else to blame for poor engineering.

I get it & I too once worked laying 'Crete' foundations, digging ditches & laying rebar (some 2-story) w/the bricklayers coming in slinging mud in the 1980's Texas summers of +105?F temps! Whew! Okay, staying on topic for HR purposes & lowering BP levels, I'll shut up. tee-hee ?