Bluelight

Thread: It's time to make change happen. Legalize CANNABIS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #26
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In the goo
    Posts
    503
    Ok so what got the ball rolling over there. How did the US go from illegal to the first legal learn me. As for simple voting for Cannabis is at this time just not possible. I am greenlighter statis concerning politics but I believe the law can only be changed by politics. How did that go in simple terms as the political systems are not interchangeable. I would have never guessed of all country's USA would be the first. You were first were you?

    So my homeland is in a tight spot. Tell me.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #27
    Bluelighter w01fg4ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    5,291
    emkee, here in the US our politics put the power in the hands of the people. That is why it is so important to sign petitions (or make your own petition if you don't already have one in your state) to put legal weed on the ballet and then vote once the times comes.

    There isn't one exact right way to do it, but there is a common thread that many states have been using based on how Colorado came to first legalize it in 2012. I remember voting on an initiative way back in 2005 that would allow people to posses up to one ounce without the fear of going to jail. This initiative was based on the fact that marijuana is safer than alcohol. The marijuana is safer than alcohol movement became much larger and was the main topic of our legalization in 2012. It was a SUCCESS. Since then, many states including Michigan (who is on the ballot this year for legal weed) have been using this same argument to convince people that legal weed is the right thing to do. Again, there are TONS of reasons to legalize weed, but this is one that happens to have caught on. ymmv.


    An example pamphlet from way back in 2005 in Colorado
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #28
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In the goo
    Posts
    503
    Thank's for the info. The only way to find out is to get to know my political system. So have a deeper look into this all is what I will do. But there are allready people deep into this. So supporting those groups seems an logical step.

    Is Initiative-100 in the pamplet above if the results are in favor binding? Nice these poster's were on the street,
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #29
    Canada is already legalized it. I know that in some cities in US medical cannabis is already legalized too, e.g.in LA. There is a special marijuana dispensary service http://allweed.us/catalog/flower/ where everyone can order large variety of seeds and strains. I used this service once in Downtown Los Angeles, they have quick delivery service. At this rate I don't see anything wrong with the legalization of cannabis in the near future.
    Last edited by WilliG; 26-07-2018 at 12:43.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #30
    Bluelighter Egzoset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Quebec (Canada)
    Posts
    846
    Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliG View Post
    ...I don't see anything wrong...
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #31
    Bluelighter w01fg4ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    5,291
    Quote Originally Posted by emkee_reinvented View Post
    Thank's for the info. The only way to find out is to get to know my political system. So have a deeper look into this all is what I will do. But there are allready people deep into this. So supporting those groups seems an logical step.

    Is Initiative-100 in the pamplet above if the results are in favor binding? Nice these poster's were on the street,
    Yes, there are many already deep into it. The deeper you dig, the more you will find.

    I handed out similar flyers in 2012, and I believe I made a difference in addition to voting.

    The last ounce of weed I bought was less than the cost of a video game (after taxes!). It's killer stuff too.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    stop the hypocrisy 
    #32
    Greenlighter FREEorPUPPET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    west europe
    Posts
    12
    Capsule
    alcohol is more addictive than heroine... ---stop the hypocrisy ---stop the infantile trick about cannabis being a step up to worse drugs, omg ---it's just a conservative political pawn on the table, absurd
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #33
    Bluelighter w01fg4ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    5,291
    I'm ok with stopping after a few drinks. I'm also ok with stopping after a few hits.

    I deserve a choice to do so as an adult.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #34
    As a Canadian, I am looking forward to the legalization of "cannabis" Simply put (my thoughts), if one "opiate" user (prescribed or not) switches to cannabis, there a good chance that the opiate user will live longer!
    Personal thoughts aside, as an investor in "cannabis-related" domains, I am looking at the business advantages of legalizing cannabis. Also, people are realizing that medical cannabis has more therapeutic and medicinal value for patients as compared to pharmaceutical medications. It?s only fair to demand cheaper and better healthcare for all.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #35
    Bluelighter w01fg4ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    5,291
    New York is on the horizon and we could see legalization on the ballot as soon as next year.

    Govenor Cuomo has already spearheaded a committee to begin the process of legalization.

    Be on the lookout and good luck!
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #36
    Bluelighter CantseemtofindMary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Hell. I mean college ;)
    Posts
    61
    Hell yeah! I thought NY would be on the ballot this year. I guess I can wait longer. I WILL still vote, and sign, and all that happy horseshit that's needed to make weed legal here in NY. I'll be 22 by that time, so I can legally smoke it. Semi related tangent: Schedule II drugs and Schedule I (like weed) drugs confuse the hell out of me. Some in S 1 should be ins S2 or lower, and S2 should be in S1, and vice versa

    Examples of Schedule II narcotics include: hydromorphone (Dilaudid?), methadone (Dolophine?), meperidine (Demerol?), oxycodone (OxyContin?, Percocet?), and fentanyl (Sublimaze?, Duragesic?). Other Schedule II narcotics include: morphine, opium, codeine, and hydrocodone.
    Examples of Schedule IIN stimulants include: amphetamine (Dexedrine?, Adderall?), methamphetamine (Desoxyn?), and methylphenidate (Ritalin?).
    Other Schedule II substances include: amobarbital, glutethimide, and pentobarbital.

    Thank you, DEA, for giving me the above information. Tangent over, have a nice day.

    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #37
    Bluelighter w01fg4ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    5,291
    Legislators in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), a U.S. territory, have approved a bill to legalize marijuana.
    ...
    If the bill is enacted, CNMI will become the first U.S. jurisdiction to go directly from outlawing marijuana across the board to allowing recreational use.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomange.../#70f5076c57d9
    Reply With Quote
     

  13. Collapse Details
    Legalization in Canada is a SCAM 
    #38
    [QUOTE=w01fg4ng;14371119]Canada's legal weed is a positive movement for the world. Of course there are issues to be considered but overall it looks like solid plan. Personally, I really like Colorado's legal model where regulation is used only where necessary so it keeps the cost to the consumer down while maintaining a healthy product. Hey w01fg4ng! I really dig with everything you say, but for completely different reasons... I?m a Canadian UNLICENSED grower. Always was, always will be. The Canadian Government?s scam of ?legalized? marijuana is using and will continue to use our tax dollars against us. First off, I need to point out that a lot of you think Canada has already legalized and this is incorrect. It was supposed to be legal on July 1 and now that was postponed until just before election day, Oct 17. Our PM?s strategy is to make legalization a behavioural reinforcement reward tool for people voting for him to legalize the first time into compelling then to vote for him a second time. My guess is that it will be postponed again however. Since Canada has always been tolerant to marijuana, and has really only gone after large scale growers and sellers, another postponement won?t matter much. Police in Vancouver (?Vansterdam?) have turned a blind eye to consumption of MJ in public as well as illegally selling MJ in dispensaries for over 30 years now! This was because the BC government was and is smart and has realized many years ago that even illegal production and sales has pumped billions of dollars back into the economy which benefits us all living in BC. Trudeau?s plan is make prohibition laws even stronger after ?legalization? by INCREASING the penalties for growing and selling large scale without a license from an automatic 10 year prison sentence to an instant 15 year sentence! The reason they delayed on July 1st was so they could buy more time to close up all the loop-holes in their Criminal Legislation. They?re still going to go after anyone growing over 4 plants personally and all the black market pot dealers and growers like me with a vengeance to prove that, ?crime doesn?t pay?. But if marijuana was truly legal, it wouldn?t be a ?crime? at all to grow and sell, and be as free as growing carrots! In California, Colorado and other US states that have been completely legal now for a few years, it has dropped MJ prices into the toilet by creating a glut of weed. But that?s only for growers. In legal dispensaries its still around the same price for customers because most of the money they pay is to taxes! That?s exactly what the Canadian government has planned! I?ve always ignored government and will continue to grow illegally because governments are just greedy ?business men? and worse than the Hells Angels! And what do they plan to do with the billions of new tax dollars from partially legalizing instead of building new roads, hospitals, schools and infrastructure? They plan to HIDE it into ?addiction? education and prevention. So in effect, they?re telling the world that while they?re tolerant of licensed of growers and sellers who ?play by the rules? they still consider MJ a harmful drug and continue the subliminal ?Refer Madness? the American govt started 100 years ago! And all the MJ we?ll be able to buy at licensed dispensaries will continue to be poisoned with the Canadian government?s encouragement to licensed growers to avoid growing organically and grow instead using chemical pesticides and fertilizer, so that government medical marijuana will be a poisonous joke added to a financial one! I?ve grown from an illegal hobby grower to an illegal commercial grower because my customers love my product because it is all organic and truly medicinally safe to use. Licensed dispensaries are my customers now because they know my weed is pure even though they also know I?m ?Black Market?! Even my auto-trimmers are medicinally safe. I use Tom?s Tumble Trimmers because they don? t use blades to massacre my Buds and strip the valuable trichomes and resins off but preserves them with mesh tumblers that aren?t just coated a non-stick chemical, but are made of solid food/medicinal grade patented material. Because I?ve become well-know for producing medicinally pure truly healthy marijuana, my biggest customers are extraction companies who buy my trim and Buds by the TON to make pure medicinally safe cannabis oils. Colorado is the only state in the US that has truly legalized marijuana?its new MJ tax dollars going back into helping the people of Colorado, and if Canada wanted to really legalize marijuana they would adopt the Colorado model ?which still ain?t perfect, but its a whole hell of lot safer, non-prohibition-style and friendly to cannabis users than our Canadian government?s model of continued persecution will ever be.
    Reply With Quote
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #39
    Bluelighter w01fg4ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    5,291
    I'm sure you are hoping Canada's legal weed is a scam, that way you can stay in business. We do agree that Colorado got a lot of things right, however I'm not sure if you understand a lot of it.

    It is important to have taxes go back to the community as you state. It?s also important to have them reasonably low enough for the legitimate producers and retailers to make and sell their cannabis products at a competitive price. It took Colorado a couple years to really make a difference but now people like you don't even have a chance. Seeing as Canada's legal weed market does have higher taxes, it will probably take you guys even longer to get your shit together, so you don't need to give up just yet.

    Also, in Colorado, the labels do include "non organic materials used" however it was voted against to allow labeling the product itself as "organic". Producers are free to have a product list "NONE" under "non organic materials used" (verified by testing requirements), however you won?t see a cannabis product in Colorado sold as ?organic?. Doing so is misleading to the consumer. But then again, misleading IS kind of what the blackmarket does.

    21+ or bust
    Reply With Quote
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #40
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    982
    [QUOTE=Keen For Green;14385947]
    Quote Originally Posted by w01fg4ng View Post
    It was supposed to be legal on July 1 and now that was postponed until just before election day, Oct 17. Our PM?s strategy is to make legalization a behavioural reinforcement reward tool for people voting for him to legalize the first time into compelling then to vote for him a second time. My guess is that it will be postponed again however.
    passed the house of commons
    passed the senate
    house of commons accepted senate recommendations
    bill received royal assent *for* October 17th.



    It's a done deal


    Tom
    Reply With Quote
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #41
    Bluelighter w01fg4ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    5,291
    It sure is.

    Regulation will also get rid of your LP's bad habits such as tumbling weed.

    Nothing but good things ahead for Canada.
    Reply With Quote
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #42
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Canada West Coast
    Posts
    121
    Even though it is going to be legal in Canada in October. Dumb shit like no sales of edibles or extracts for the first year. Right now there is a robust market of people making really good products, professionally made etc. Big pharma is all over it, huge companies investing billions of dollars in grow and process facilities.

    I look at it this way;
    today people smoke pot
    today people get pot
    today people sell pot
    today there is no shortage of pot
    billions invested in more pot
    more pot sells for more than today pot
    people mostly will continue to get there pot where they get it today and use the legal stores for convenience sake. I have my daily cheap pot and then my good off the shelf uptown pot.
    Exciting times for sure though if you like pot.
    I am baked
    cheers
    Reply With Quote
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #43
    Bluelighter w01fg4ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    5,291
    The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has officially loosened it's border policy for Canadians working in the industry.

    In short, if you work in the industry you will be allowed into the states but only if for non-industry reasons. Many feared that they wouldn't be able to enter the US at all and that has now changed.

    Obviously, the US Customs and Border Protection still has a long way to go but this is good news for progress for both the US and Canada.
    Reply With Quote
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #44
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by w01fg4ng View Post
    The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has officially loosened it's border policy for Canadians working in the industry.

    In short, if you work in the industry you will be allowed into the states but only if for non-industry reasons. Many feared that they wouldn't be able to enter the US at all and that has now changed.

    Obviously, the US Customs and Border Protection still has a long way to go but this is good news for progress for both the US and Canada.
    Thanks for the info. As long as there isn't drug testing at the border I have no problem lying about my Cannabis use even if it is medical.

    Tom
    Reply With Quote
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #45
    Bluelighter w01fg4ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    5,291
    You seem pretty young Tom.

    That article says nothing about use.
    Reply With Quote
     

  21. Collapse Details
     
    #46
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by w01fg4ng View Post
    You seem pretty young Tom.

    That article says nothing about use.
    Not young; immature. No, the article doesn't mention anything about use - most of the articles up here do mention use/honesty at the border though. And they tend to stress the likelihood of a lifetime ban from entering the US and/or lots of $ to get an exemption/waiver for admission.

    But yeah, I don't know what I want to do if I ever grow up.

    Tom
    Reply With Quote
     

  22. Collapse Details
     
    #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed King View Post
    Hello. I am here to drive a simple point to all of you. If you would like CANNABIS law to change VOTE!

    Their are plenty of folks asking for signitures to submit to your state government. Sign them.

    Lastly, if you don't vote or try in a real way, do not bitch and moan about laws. You didn't vote or help groups like NORML so you have absolutely nothing to complain about.


    VOTE. Only you can change the law. Time to legalize it!!!

    Thank you. Speed King
    Legalize it, with others included
    Reply With Quote
     

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •