Bluelight

Thread: It's time to make change happen. Legalize CANNABIS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Ok so what got the ball rolling over there. How did the US go from illegal to the first legal learn me. As for simple voting for Cannabis is at this time just not possible. I am greenlighter statis concerning politics but I believe the law can only be changed by politics. How did that go in simple terms as the political systems are not interchangeable. I would have never guessed of all country's USA would be the first. You were first were you?

So my homeland is in a tight spot. Tell me.

2. Collapse Details

emkee, here in the US our politics put the power in the hands of the people. That is why it is so important to sign petitions (or make your own petition if you don't already have one in your state) to put legal weed on the ballet and then vote once the times comes.

There isn't one exact right way to do it, but there is a common thread that many states have been using based on how Colorado came to first legalize it in 2012. I remember voting on an initiative way back in 2005 that would allow people to posses up to one ounce without the fear of going to jail. This initiative was based on the fact that marijuana is safer than alcohol. The marijuana is safer than alcohol movement became much larger and was the main topic of our legalization in 2012. It was a SUCCESS. Since then, many states including Michigan (who is on the ballot this year for legal weed) have been using this same argument to convince people that legal weed is the right thing to do. Again, there are TONS of reasons to legalize weed, but this is one that happens to have caught on. ymmv.

An example pamphlet from way back in 2005 in Colorado

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Thank's for the info. The only way to find out is to get to know my political system. So have a deeper look into this all is what I will do. But there are allready people deep into this. So supporting those groups seems an logical step.

Is Initiative-100 in the pamplet above if the results are in favor binding? Nice these poster's were on the street,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12