• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Got a knock from police...need advice (UK)

SilentRoller

Bluelighter
As the title suggests, I need advice on something BL, as I?m shitting it.

About 2/3 weeks ago, my mate decided to post me 2g of bud. Not thinking anything of it, I think he just double bagged it and put it in an envelope first class. Needless to say, it didn?t arrive and I brushed it off as it being nicked by a postie.

Fast forward to yesterday evening, I get a knock at the door. I open it to see two policemen (shittingbricks.jpg). They ask if my name is "Dave" and then tell me that a few weeks ago, the seized a package at the PO that smelled strongly of weed. They then told me to not order drugs online again and left. They didn't take down any of my details (although the obviously knew my name as it was on the package), and I wasn't given anything. I just said ?sorry? and they said ?alright? and walked away.

My question is, does this count as a warning or caution that would show up on an enhanced DBS, as that?s what I have for my job. Enhanced CRB have an "additional information disclosed at police discretion" box on the bottom...I'm wondering if what happened is anything official? I'm shitting bricks, even though it was such a small amount. I won?t be getting anything posted anywhere again!

Sorry for the long post, but if someone with experience could put my mind at rest that would be amazing :)

If you were not given a warning or caution - they didnt read you your rights and you didnt sign anything then you have nothing to worry about. Too much paperwork for a tiny bit of weed. You could of course just ask at the police station

I feel like asking questions at the station could appear like an admission of guilt.

I?m so confused by this all. No charges have been bought/alleged or anything signed - they just said what they said and then walked away. But I wonder if that information would ever be realised on ?additional information? on enhanced dbs. Not that I?m even sure what they would put....

^Why would it? Sounds to me like they told you exactly all you need to know. They caught you buying a small amount of a low class drug, and gave you a visit to tell you not to do it again. I'd imagine that given that they'd have to prove you bought it - most likely relying on you admitting to it - that it's a very low priority, so you recieved a warning as a formality.

Anyway, bluelight = no legal advice. But to me this seems pretty obvious. Just make sure your house is clear for the forseeable future.

I know someone who is still locked up in a old USSR Gulag for the same thing, good luck with it.

If you were not given a warning or caution - they didnt read you your rights and you didnt sign anything then you have nothing to worry about.

As (s)he said above.

The cops really are not fussed over 2g of weed, it isn't worth their time to nick you, keep you in custody for 6/8 hours, bail you for court etc.

I would love to see the face of SilentRoller if the cops turned up with their big-red-key, they only ever "knock" once when they arrive with that thing ;)

I know exactly what happened here mate. The package stank of weed, your mate probably didn't notice because he hotboxed his house already. Some busybody in the sorting office did notice and informed their supervisor, who in turn rang the police. The police pop around and seize the package. While RM cannot open your mail, LE can.

Odds are they left it in their "to do list" for a bit, checked it, saw it was only weed, then when they had nothing better do just popped around to scare you. They couldn't be arsed to bring criminal proceedings against you over a 20 bag of weed, odds are CPS wouldn't even bother picking such a case up.

You don't have a record and your address isn't on a list either, RM does not bother doing that kind of stuff I've spoken to people in sorting offices about it. International postage is a different story, but domestic post isn't scrutinised.

In the future if you're getting drugs sent to you in the post let this be a lesson that stealth is important. I always see people calling abysmal stealth "adequate for domestic." Truth is things like this happen sometimes, and if it wasn't weed but instead a larger quantity of a class A you could have been in actual trouble.

I've literally ordered oxy and it's come just as a blister pack just thrown into the bottom of a jiffy bag before, fucking joke. All it takes is one of those sorting machines to accidentally mash up your package (happens often enough) and the class A opiates are there clear as day.

Ah silentroller ....long time no see!

You'll be 100% fine.

1 - They cannot prove you have ordered or arranged this delivery. Just say no comment when asked if you have any knowledge. Or say "i have no idea who would of sent this officer" then say no more.
2 - You would of been read your rights and chraged if anything was going to happen.
3 - You were not in possession of any drugs. They would need to prove you arranged this delivery for then to charge you and for 2g of weed its not worth their time.

Leave it a few months and call the police station and do a information request (extended) for yourself and see what comes up. (Think you need to make the request in writing) I had to do this a few years back......and i ve been read my rights before for coke possession......never prosecuted and my information request came back totally clean.

When I got busted last year for possession of Class A & B and cultivation (got away with a formal caution), I was picking the coppers' brains (didn't take fuckin long ;) ) over this CRB malarky. Apparently, there are many levels of CRB check, from the most basic, to the super enhanced. The highest level enhanced CRB check will show everytime that you have come in contact with the police (including motoring offences). If they have had cause to namecheck you, it is recorded. I don't believe for one minute that any of this information is ever deleted - it's just the level of search undertaken that determines the results. That's not to say you have any cause for concern SR, but you will be on record.

As the title suggests, I need advice on something BL, as I?m shitting it.

About 2/3 weeks ago, my mate decided to post me 2g of bud. Not thinking anything of it, I think he just double bagged it and put it in an envelope first class. Needless to say, it didn?t arrive and I brushed it off as it being nicked by a postie.

Fast forward to yesterday evening, I get a knock at the door. I open it to see two policemen (shittingbricks.jpg). They ask if my name is "Dave" and then tell me that a few weeks ago, the seized a package at the PO that smelled strongly of weed. They then told me to not order drugs online again and left. They didn't take down any of my details (although the obviously knew my name as it was on the package), and I wasn't given anything. I just said ?sorry? and they said ?alright? and walked away.

My question is, does this count as a warning or caution that would show up on an enhanced DBS, as that?s what I have for my job. Enhanced CRB have an "additional information disclosed at police discretion" box on the bottom...I'm wondering if what happened is anything official? I'm shitting bricks, even though it was such a small amount. I won?t be getting anything posted anywhere again!

Sorry for the long post, but if someone with experience could put my mind at rest that would be amazing :)

Ok, although your police visit doesn't count as an official anything, an enhanced disclosure can include any additional information held by local police considered relevant to the role in question
Only you & the police know if this information is relevant to your current job role, but lets just say it is for now (if it isn't then don't read on & stop worrying)
You implied you have already had an enhanced dbs check, in which case you're fine for now & if you have to do a new one, the employer is no longer sent a copy of the check like they used to - it goes only to you & you have to show the employer

If that information did show up, you would be the first to see it & be able to challenge the information provided by the police
If you're subscribed to the DBS update service & your employer has the details to log in & check it, you will still be contacted by the DBS to tell you something has changed to your dbs status
This happened to a family member who had to write to the police & pay a tenner for the pleasure of finding out what it was, but as the offence showed up way after she was employed with a clear enhanced disclosure, they were none the wiser & weren't contacted by dbs to say there'd been a change
Obviously, she'll have to declare it to any new employers (bearing in mind hers was a recorded offence that happened in another country & took about 2 years to catch up here - yours is an unofficial visit that only ridiculous officiousness would make it's way as 'relevant' onto your disclosure)

I reckon it'll be fine, but that even if it does come up, you'll know about it before your employer & have time to challenge or declare

Holy shit they did you a favour. You can request your own police check to see what it says. Anyone can, not for free though.

Wow lucky!

UPDATE

Came back from my weekend away, no find a letter through my door. In it was a message written on a witness statement sheet from the officer that visited me.

They were asking for my full name and D.O.B to close the job log, and gave me a number to phone to do so

Whilst this means they are taking it no further, I assume this means I am now on record and it could show on a DBS?

UPDATE

Came back from my weekend away, no find a letter through my door. In it was a message written on a witness statement sheet from the officer that visited me.

They were asking for my full name and D.O.B to close the job log, and gave me a number to phone to do so

Whilst this means they are taking it no further, I assume this means I am now on record and it could show on a DBS?

I'd ignore it mate. They're expecting you to incriminate yourself - they fuckin know your full name and date of birth already (unless they're shit pigs - which is entirely possible)! But as I said above, you're already on record - it just depends upon the level of DBS employed that determines whether it shows up or not.

For future reference, request any illicit goods be sent to 'The Occupier' - don't use your real name.

I don?t think I?ll ignore it, they will just come round and then they will give me shit. They don?t know my DOB as I?ve never given it to them. I just want this shit over. When I phone, I?ll almost tempted to ask if this shit is going to appear on a DBS....

I don?t think I?ll ignore it, they will just come round and then they will give me shit. They don?t know my DOB as I?ve never given it to them. I just want this shit over. When I phone, I?ll almost tempted to ask if this shit is going to appear on a DBS....

My point is that if they can't find your date of birth from your name and address which they already have, then they're shit at their job. It sounds like they have no proof that you were the intended recipient of the package, therefore they want you to incriminate yourself by doing their dirty work for them. Does it say that you are required by law to respond to their request? Was it hand delivered or through the post? If no to both, ignore it. If they come round again then play dumb: "Sorry officer, I didn't receive a letter - just like I didn't receive my fuckin drugs..!"

It was hand delivered - they obviously came round at the weekend. Mate, I?ll just ask what the situation is tomorrow. I?m not going to admit to anything

Rule number one for dealing with the Old Bill is: Keep your trap shut. Rule number two is: Don't say anything. Rule number three is: If in doubt, refer to Rules One and Two.

They are getting desperate and hoping you will incriminate yourself or someone else. Do not fall for it. It's easier to talk yourself into jail than out!