Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️

• Total voters

Jekyl Anhydride

Bluelight Crew
So anyone else watching Succession yet? It is executive produced by Will Ferrel & Adam McKay but not a comedy, though moments of humor are dispersed nicely throughout. It follows a massive media company and the dysfunctional family that runs it, along with all of the backstabbing and deceit you might imagine.

While the start was a bit slow things have progressed well. It's at episode 6-'Which Side Are You On?'- which was has left me in real anticipation for next week, def the best episode yet.

Cast members I like are Brian Cox, Alan Ruck (from Ferris Bueller's D.O.) and esp Kieran Culkin

MV5BNDZiMTc2MTAtOGVhNC00OGFjLTk0NTEtYzg3N2RlMWZjMG  RkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL  _.jpg

Yes, I dig it. So episode 6 is the best so far? I've waited all week to watch it with my b/f this weekend. We love this show. A family of wealthy douchebags. At first, I could not stand any of the characters and didn't think I would continue with it.

Glad I stuck with it because I'm into the characters now and have a bit of a soft spot for Greg. He's just a naive kid surrounded by sharks who happen to be his family. I love/hate Kieran Culkin. He does a great job at playing such a contemptible character. He makes me laugh though.

Episode 5 was very compelling when uncle Ewan came to visit on turkey day. Things got ugly between those brothers.

Season 2 was already renewed when the second episode came out. Found that interesting.

Aww, Greg. He really just is this somewhat innocent fly caught in the spider's web, then the document shredding scene & some foreshadowing on what looks like a possible flash of blackmailing genius. I like when he's chanting" One can stay and the other goes away", while shredding.

Didn't know about Season 2 being greenlighted already, very nice. I think you'll be bubbling in your seat like I was during Episode 6 CTC :)

Caution- Spoilers Below!

Last edited:
Aww, Greg. He really just is this somewhat innocent fly caught in the spider's web, then the document shredding scene & some foreshadowing on what looks like a possible flash of blackmailing genius. I like when he's chanting" One can stay and the other goes away", while shredding.

Didn't know about Season 2 being greenlighted already, very nice. I think you'll be bubbling in your seat like I was during Episode 6 CTC :)

HAHA Yeah, when he was dancing around shredding paper, "Chop it up, Greg! Chop it up!"
He's a goofball.

Looking forward to seeing episode 6 tonight
for sure!

Episode 6 left me infuriated! I just can't believe how everything went down. What a clusterfuck! They ended up being a bunch of cowards at the meeting. Roman really disappointed me. Poor Kendall!

It just shows how you can't take people's word for anything because when they get scared, they back down and leave you hanging out to dry.

I know right? And what now? The fate of the other board members was harsh as well but I though they did an excellent job of setting up this episode for maximum impact. From the closed airspace to traffic to bad cell reception I'm not sure how things could have been worse. I'm watching this Sundays episode on time though as it has grasped my attention.

I know right? And what now? The fate of the other board members was harsh as well but I though they did an excellent job of setting up this episode for maximum impact. From the closed airspace to traffic to bad cell reception I'm not sure how things could have been worse. I'm watching this Sundays episode on time though as it has grasped my attention.

Exactly. That episode had me on edge the whole time! Just wow. When Greg told Tom that Ewan was coming down for the meeting, I was afraid Tom was going to tell Shiv and ruin the whole thing. There's no way she would go for that. Tom was funny, all excited. Team Kendall!

Tom is hilarious, "You know I never reveal my sources (turns away from him) but it was Greg" lol. Or his early interactions with Greg where he's a total dick followed by "I'm just kidding". He's a strange one but still has some depth and a def role to play.

I liked the ending too where Ken just stares off into traffic in the middle of the cross walk, that cemented the gravity of what just occurred.

Tom is hilarious, "You know I never reveal my sources (turns away from him) but it was Greg" lol. Or his early interactions with Greg where he's a total dick followed by "I'm just kidding". He's a strange one but still has some depth and a def role to play.

I liked the ending too where Ken just stares off into traffic in the middle of the cross walk, that cemented the gravity of what just occurred.

Have you seen episode 9? This wedding is a ticking time bomb. Very cutthroat. Poor Tom. :(

Season finale is Sunday. Can't wait to see how this all goes down.

Have you seen episode 9? This wedding is a ticking time bomb. Very cutthroat. Poor Tom. :(

Season finale is Sunday. Can't wait to see how this all goes down.

I took a little break so I can binge 2 or 3 episodes at once and be a little more satiated vs just one and wanting Moar. The adverts for the last couple episodes and now your post means I'll be watching it tonight now, being a little more invested in Tom (Jeremy Strong?) has me a bit concerned though.

Hope to see you back here on Monday or close to it. :)

I took a little break so I can binge 2 or 3 episodes at once and be a little more satiated vs just one and wanting Moar. The adverts for the last couple episodes and now your post means I'll be watching it tonight now, being a little more invested in Tom (Jeremy Strong?) has me a bit concerned though.

Hope to see you back here on Monday or close to it. :)

Did you see the finale? It was better than I could've imagined. I like how it ended even though it was sad. It showed a more human side with the Kendall situation. You can be on top one minute and the next, you get your ass handed to you.

Did you see the finale? It was better than I could've imagined. I like how it ended even though it was sad. It showed a more human side with the Kendall situation. You can be on top one minute and the next, you get your ass handed to you.

You said it! That was quite the rollercoaster ride but seemed to end in a better place for everyone. My dvr cooked in the summer heat before I got to see the last 3 episodes but I finally got there. I'm more than ready for season 2 and generally impressed with the show + Exec. producers Adam McKay & Will Ferrell.

561904.jpg

..And don't forget Machiavellian Gregg!

th

Greg the egg! The smartest thing he did was make copies of the cruise ship incident to protect himself.

And yes, it's pretty cool Will Ferrell is an executive producer for the show!

Shiv upset me with her BS about wanting an open marriage. It wasn't fair to marry Tom, then drop that bomb on him. Open marriage, what's the point? I just feel strongly about monogamy.

You're right, the Kendall situation ultimately put things back the way it should be for every one involved. I wonder what his next move will be after he hopefully dries out.

We'll have to wait patiently for season 2. Fun talking to you about this btw! :)

Season 2 of Succession is back tomorrow night! I'm watching the final 2 episodes from last season to refresh my memory.