• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Taking care of my body at work

Spcd_dysphoria

Greenlighter
I recently started a job working outside in the sun and heat all day, and I also just recently picked back up an almost daily meth habit. ....I'm just curious to hear opinions on wether Its just my parinoia, or if I'm actually causing myself real harm by staying on meth most the time under those work conditions...and what I can do that I haven't yet thought of or already be doing to minimize the strain that the combination of the summer weather here in Texas and the dope is putting on my body (and how to hide the insane level of sweating lol) ...is there a serious enough concern that I should really be doing what I can to keep myself from using/ being on it while stuck at this type of job?? Is working myself in the heat making my habit notably harder on my body..Or am i parinoid and not really at any more risky than normal?

Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate and try to get some electrolytes mixed in as well. With all that sweating you might start to cramp up as key minerals get depleted. Try to maintain some balanced intake of calories and nutrition so you don't begin burning off muscle tissue for protein, see Catabolism/ Anabolism balance. Lastly but not def not least, try to keep cool as Hyperthermia from Meth is a factor in it's neurotoxicity.

I appreciate the reply!! ...all things I'm already trying to do for myself already!! (Not sure why I felt the need to post such a common sense question) ahaa.... And definitely agree about the hypothermia part, that's my main worry is preventing that... Just got to rambling and didn't word my post well! ....Is there any early signs of bad damage from neurotoxicity/ symptoms of hypothermia? ....and is there any specific things or supplements that I can look into to help protect the brain against damage while using almost daily? ...besides just trying to stay outa the heat ahah

There's a few things that have been tested or hypothesized like this but regarding the Hyper-thermia it's compounded by working in the sun while on meth. Damage has been studied regarding ravers on MDMA that experience hyperthermia from a combination of dancing and the MDMA but daily exposure to heat + exertion+ Meth seems worse. Cardiac issues seem very problematic also.

This is a great explanation of what meth does to Dopamine D2 receptors after regular use, but I don't have anything off hand with regards to daily physical exertion and regular meth use in summertime conditions. I will have to dig a bit on that. Here's an interesting thread about a similar condition though.

-How-to-avoid-hyperthermia-on-meth

-When-is-it-okay-to-start-exercising-after-meth-

Last edited:
Thank you for the information!! ...I hate how much i worry myself over what I'm putting my body through, but regardless what I tell myself the night before... I can't seem to stop finding myself spun out yet again day after day out in that sun :/

If you can't stop it might behoove you to try and cut down or maybe split your dose into two 4 hour bumps. Even more so if you notice that your heart is pounding or you become dizzy during the workday. Brain/ heart damage isn't worth a paycheck. Stay Safe Spcd.

If you can't stop it might behoove you to try and cut down or maybe split your dose into two 4 hour bumps. Even more so if you notice that your heart is pounding or you become dizzy during the workday. Brain/ heart damage isn't worth a paycheck. Stay Safe Spcd.

Very well said my dude!!! ....I've been trying to dose just once before heading to work, and never during the work day...i usually also have a beer and a bowl or two of bud around lunch time if anything ...I've even flushed a couple baggies at work, cause I didn't feel safe takin it, but knew if I kept it on me I'd end up using it regardless :/

You do sound like you're doing most of the stuff you should. The only thing I would add as far as a sign you may be headed for trouble - if you start "not" sweating, since particularly like you say, you usually sweat a bunch. All in all, I kinda think you'll be OK.