Problems editing post from Android DocLad

Doclad

Bluelighter
Good morning.

For some reason from my phone I can not edit the messages in the forum. They are deleted automatically. I use a Huawei p8 lite (Android).

Any suggestions? Does it happen to anyone else?.

DocLad

Howdy,

Yes, this is an unfortunate glitch with the Bluelight mobile site. Basically, if you try to edit a post, no matter where you tap the screen, you will delete it. Its really annoying. :\

However, its pretty easily solved used this link to the full site: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forum.php?styleid=51 A lot of phones will allow you to switch to desktop mode too, which should eliminate the problem.

Yeah, I have this problem unfortunately. And as mentioned above, I just learned to switch to desktop mode on my phone when I need to edit a post, and switch back again if need be.

I've found the easiest way to do it, is when in phone mode, click the link at the bottom that says "full site". And to get back again, I click the drop down box that usually says "bluelight Aria v4.1.12-ADS" and select "bluelight mobile". That makes it pretty easy and fast to switch back and forth. Some browsers have their own feature to enable and disable desktop mode for websites, but I've found it unreliable. So I use those links to go back and forth.

It's a little frustrating, but I've mostly gotten used to it.

Yeah, I have this problem unfortunately. And as mentioned above, I just learned to switch to desktop mode on my phone when I need to edit a post, and switch back again if need be.

I've found the easiest way to do it, is when in phone mode, click the link at the bottom that says "full site". And to get back again, I click the drop down box that usually says "bluelight Aria v4.1.12-ADS" and select "bluelight mobile". That makes it pretty easy and fast to switch back and forth. Some browsers have their own feature to enable and disable desktop mode for websites, but I've found it unreliable. So I use those links to go back and forth.

It's a little frustrating, but I've mostly gotten used to it.

This is the quickest and easiest way I have found to switch back and fourth.

Sometimes when I try to use my browsers settings to switch back and forth it doesn't always switch properly. Using the method JessFR outlined is about as simple and streamlined as it gets because the fullsite link is always at the bottom of every page while in mobile view and the drop-down box that allows you to switch back to mobile is always on the bottom left of every page while on desktop view.