• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is the scale worth it?

Drozen

Greenlighter
I?m a heavy smoker and I smoke a quad a day average. I used to have a scale till 12 took it from me. So is a scale really worth having if I?m not selling? What do you other smokers do? Do y?all have a scLe or is it a waste of money and time.

I know a lot of people who sell weed and shorting is fairly common, get a scale.

I know a lot of people who sell weed and shorting is fairly common, get a scale.

Seconded.

I only get my tree through long-time friends, though. I give them the benefit of the doubt until I know for sure their numbers are off, but when I'm sure about it I only bring it up once on the phone and try to push it out of my mind. Then the next pick-up I bring the scale and weigh everything out before I make the purchase. If it's off, I either refuse the ounce or offer to pay less, but if it's over I'll mention it and make sure that he meant to fluff the bag. Depending on how confrontational that conversation turns (and it can get heated depending on your plug), I just chalk it off to losing another connect. Still keep the friend, but I'm not gonna help line their pockets anymore.... especially with how relatively cheap weed's gotten over the last decade or so.

A lot of "dealers" don't have a plug, they pay full retail on ounces. I did some math, and if they charge local max prices (25%) more they can smoke a quarter and break even. Keep in mind people aren't trying to pay these prices in the last 5 years. So shorting comes into play. Really, they are scrubs and should just work more to buy weed.

A scale is just the most basic device that any responsible drug user should have.

Even besides the fact that you can tell if you're being ripped off, it's the only way to actually be aware of how much you're using and also to properly moderate your usage without just thinking you can eyeball shit (like so many people do).

Yeah, for weed it might be less important than for many other drugs where milligrams make a difference, but weighing your drugs, yourself, is still a good habit to have. So no, it's not a waste of money, get yourself a scale already.

Great for splitting bulk w/friends as well. I can't remember the last time I didn't own a scale. Got a mg scale too so I can weigh just about anything. I use my scales for a lot of stuff.

When your guy knows you own a scale, it helps keep him honest as well. I never mention it, but like Jib said, if you find you've been shorted just the once, bring it up casually. If they're a dick about it, find yourself a new guy.

When your guy knows you own a scale, it helps keep him honest as well. I never mention it, but like Jib said, if you find you've been shorted just the once, bring it up casually. If they're a dick about it, find yourself a new guy.
Best answers regarding tree and scale query, IME.
Cannot count how many go-tos (42 yrs of it) I have passed over because of coming up short and them acting like I mortally insulted them (lucky they don't get the face-massage).

Last edited:
if your buying that much per day you need to have a scale because getting shorted does happen and will add up, not the same thing but this is how i look at it the numbers are alot diff but my old roomrate back when i used h used to weigh everything right after she got back from the dealer because when your using everyday that .1 you let your guy short you adds up pretty quick.