• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

need quick advice after a 2 weeks of drug mix rampage

Veurr

Greenlighter
Hey guys. I've been taking pregabalin (600mg/day, sometimes more) for a year to calm my anxiety disorder and eczma (which is connected to each other). During this time i've been doing weed, mdma, prednisone, lots of caffeine, pseudoephedrine.. couldnt help myself. Followind my friend's advice, i tried lsd (he said it might help). I've been doing weed, l-theanine, pregabalin, mdma and LSD for over a week now (2 day breaks between lsd doses, some days in a row). The plan was to do it together (me and my friend) but somehow he could stay with me only one day and left me with all this stuff alone. 9 years of anxiety and depression (which started before doing drugs) created kinda lack of control. I dont take any prisoners, if there is any of the drugs left on my shelf im gonna eat them till they are gone. I dont have a problem with drugs like im doing everything to get them (mostly my anxiety wouldnt let me leave my house to get them unless i take my pregabalin and my eczma isnt killing me), but i cant help myself when i have them in my radius. (cuz every day is a struggle i guess).
To the point - after a week of doing drugs (including lsd, alone in home, thinking and playing online games) i faced my inner problems and i found some answers i needed, on the other hand i realised how much time i wasted before i decided find some medical help (shrink), and how many good relations died cuz of my passive attitude to living. This conclusion attacked me in the end of my week of tripping and it created sort of a bad trip (despite my pregabalin and some xanax). So i can say that im more aware and therefore more self-loathing i guess, also i have this crushing feeling in my chest every day since and my heart rate gets increased few times in a day and when it happens i have some pulsating feeling in my head. (also after caffeine my limbs go numb). A day after i decided to visit another psychiatrist (previous one was my moms friend so i couldnt tell him everything like about drugs for example). I told her about years of doing weed and anxiety and depression (but not about lsd and mdma). Shrink told me that my anxiety is andvanced and got escalated by prednisone and weed. She prescribed me escitalopram (SSRI) and decreased my pregabaline dose to 300mg/day.
Now the question is, should i tell my shrink about doing lsd and other stuff(lots of weed, mdma wasnt much, under 100mg/dose, a 1-2 day breaks between doses)? Also is it okay that i started doing escitalopram 4 days after doing 120ug LSD? Even from serotonin point? Since my last lsd dose i cant focus on something more than like 3 minutes. To be precise i feel a bit like this guy here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-555301.html, although 4 days after i can say i found some of my cognitive functions getting slightly better (but heart still likes to go crazy creating this pulsating feeling in my limbs and head). In the end i want to apologise if you find this thread chaotic, but im a mess and it cost me a lot to write this thread, as properly as i could, considering all the important facts. I want you to know that i dont want to have anything to do with any drug anymore (maybe weed sometimes and ofc prescribed stuff) and take my normal living back (by normal i mean also without anxiety disorder). I know it was very foolish what i've been doing for almost last two weeks, so please dont judge me,drugs clearly arent for me and i hate myself for my lack of self-control already. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey there, we don't judge here so don't worry. :) A couple of things... doing MDMA with only 1-2 days between dosages is a very bad idea, it causes serotonin depletion which takes a while to recover from and increases anxiety and depression. Once a month is an absolute max for MDMA, and less often is better. As for the SSRI, it's fine that you started it 4 days after LSD. In fact, LSD and SSRIs are not dangerous to mix. Generally people report psychedelics being weaker on SSRIs. However, mixing MDMA and SSRIs is very dangerous as it can lead to serotonin syndrome, which can be fatal. But even if you had taken MDMA 4 days before starting an SSRI it would be okay because it would be out of your system.

It sounds like you are experiencing serotonin depletion from the MDMA, the pulsating feeling in your head that you describe is a phenomenon sometimes called "brain zaps". That will go away, and the anxiety will improve.

I think, in general, it's best to be honest with your therapist/shrink.

Try not to beat yourself up too much, we all make mistakes, it doesn't make you a bad person. You just have to deal with the fall-out from your decisions now, but that will pass and you'll have learned something. I know that's easier said than done... I stupidly got a DUI last week and I'm having a really rough time dealing with the feelings of anger at myself and the anxiety about dealing with it. So I tell myself what I just told you every day.

Realistically, you should always give yourself time to detox from a drug after experience an adverse reaction. Not just recreational drugs, psychiatric drugs as well. Side effects from drugs can look and have all the same symptoms of mental disorders. In many ways, they are the same- but the big difference being that drug side effects will typically wear off in 1-2 months, where as an illness will typically be persistent over longer periods of time.

I am not a doctor, but I do not think it is a good idea to jump from drug to drug, treating the symptoms as they arise. If you are going to take things like anti-depressants, it is important to stay away from other drugs like MDMA for a lot of reasons. Two primary ones being the dangers of bad drug interactions, and second, there is no way of knowing if the drug is having positive effects if you are taking other drugs that may counter or alter the effect.

I would suggest taking it as easy as possible until you are through this rough patch. You are dealing with all the side effects of the drugs as well as stuff like depression and anxiety, which are being amplified by the side effects.

Thank you guys, I feel much better now! There is one thing left that im worried about though. Could i increase my anxiety (this pressing feeling in my chest and crazy heart beat few times a day) with taking lsd for over a week? As i said before, sometimes 2 days in a row sometimes taking a 2 day break, with a bad set and setting (sitting alone in home in a small room with my thoughts), kinda badtripping when i took 120ug split for 3 doses in a day and once i smoked after the last dose, i had some kind of panic attack that i took so much my first time and something could happen to me (i was shaking a bit). 2 glasses of wine helped me to get through this and after that i can say it was pretty enjoyable. Since then im facing this crazy heart beat few times a day even when im on xanax and lyrica. Good or a bad mood, calm or not, heart chooses to go crazy. Im just wondering if i should also visit cardiologist asap or maybe wait 2 more weeks for SSRI to start working?

I would suggest taking it as easy as possible until you are through this rough patch. You are dealing with all the side effects of the drugs as well as stuff like depression and anxiety, which are being amplified by the side effects.

Im dealing with mental health problems in general, as i described in post, anxiety disorder and bad mood started before any drug taken by me but it wasnt long term, rather like once a month or so, when i was a kid(mostly when there was no friend around and nothing interesting that could kinda pacify me). After a few normal years, in highschool i smoked pot first time and it brought my childhood anxiety back and intensified it. And thats when my eczma started (also depersonalisation disorder). After few another weed high's i decided that its not for me and decided not to smoke. Year after that i gave cannabis another chance and i've been enjoying it without any mental health side effects since untill some bad personal stuff happend and i got addicted to weed after that so it brought lasting anxiety again. Drugs arent for me i guess..

Last edited:
Yes, overdoing psychedelics can definitely cause some mental instability and increase anxiety. So that may be contributing as well but I think that you probably have underlying anxiety that it's good you're getting help for, and that certainly the MDMA abuse is by far the most substantial negative effect from your drug binge. Just try not to worry about the past, just make sure not to use any nonprescribed drugs right now...no psychedelics or MDMA obviously, but also no marijuana, as marijuana makes anxiety and depression worse and it makes it take a lot longer to recover to your normal state.

Have you ever tried speaking to a therapist or counselor? CBT can sometimes help with situations like yours.

And yeah, psychedelics can definitely amplify negative thoughts and feelings. I stay far away unless I am in a good headspace and good setting.