• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax 5 days in a row

edrudd

Bluelighter
IM planning to use xanax 5 days in a row during my trip to Argentina, in this summer. I will be getting 30 mg straight from the pharmacy ( real shit). And i was thinking what would be the ideal dosage to avoid accute withdraws and just to be chill and enjoy the trip ( i wont be able without it).
Last time I?ve used xanax was last fryday and i used 6-8 mg ( dont remember) and mixed with modafinil( I was bared out with more pills so i took them). Last time i used xanax prior to this one was in november 2017.
I will be more carefull with maneging the pills intake during this trip because i will be with my family, that can't know about this. So what you think guys, how should i split the dosages and how much should i use?
:|

So you?ll have 6mgs to play around with each day. But 6mgs seems kinda high. Do you have a pretty big tolerance?
Edit: since you?re going to be with family I?d say no more than 2mgs at a time. Maybe take 2mgs after lunch has been digested, and another 2mg at night after dinner has been digested.

I was thinking 2 mg a day should be enough, because i dont have a high tolerance and xanax seems to get me high for like 12 hours

5 days of any dose won't be enough to induce withdrawals. So don't worry about that. However, 6mgs is a lot if you're starting off no-tolerance. Your first day, you should just take 0.5mgs as often as required. Increase each day, unfortunately - nothing else builds tolerance like back-to-back, daily drug use. So even by just the 5th day, using non-stop, you'll be taking an awful-lot more by day-5 to get even close to the same effect you were feeling day-1.

I'd also be pretty wary about taking too much xanax while in a foreign country, not the best setting for a blackout.

I Will bring the total of 15 mgs divided into 30 of 0.5 mgs and will be popping slowly during the day. And if i dont have to use the total of 15 mg to feel good during the trip i wont. I guess by the first day 1 mg will be enough

keep in mind you will have a noticeable increase in tolerance. Dont even trip thinking 0.5mg will be the same after this trip, OP.

^ +1 After long periods it's like the perma-tolerance sets in. Even after a month long break my tolerance only drops a little.

^ +1 After long periods it's like the perma-tolerance sets in. Even after a month long break my tolerance only drops a little.

I was using alprazolam for around 2 months and I've been off it for approximately a month now.

How long were you using alprazolam for when you decided to take a month break and you found your tolerance had only dropped a little.

From my understanding and research 1 month free from benzodiazepines should be long enough to completely eliminate any tolerance you had for them.

How long were you using alprazolam for when you decided to take a month break and you found your tolerance had only dropped a little.

I'm a poor example as my 19 years is just a smidge longer than the average user, but yes, desensitization, phosphorylation & internalization does happen.

So you were using alprazolam for 19 years you're saying?

If that's the case I can understand why your tolerance was hardly affected by your month long break.

So you were using alprazolam for 19 years you're saying?
If that's the case I can understand why your tolerance was hardly affected by your month long break.

With low doses, skipped days & breaks it had a surprisingly high efficacy for well over a decade but alas the aforementioned perma-tolerance has set in. Should probably start with that part first next time.

^Do you get withdrawal from your use? I'm a rambling mess using benzos for even incredibly brief periods now due to past dependance. Its not a bad thing, I avoid them at all costs now- it is never worth the rebound weirdness I get.

OP, after using benzos at high doses for consecutive days I would always have a day or two at the end where I take really small doses, not enough to feel by any means to simply lower the level of drug less steeply. That's because I am ridiculously sensitive to them, you may find otherwise but I suspect you will feel heightened anxiety post-binge. I would certainly suggest simply using the lowest doses with as long in between doses as possible; in my experience, keeping a constant saturation of a drug in your body increases tolerance more rapidly, but spacing doses out allows some/minimal time for your receptors to re-engage. Again, but IME, benzo tolerance can set in very rapidly, particularly the sort of subjective tolerance whereby you are utterly fucked out of your mind but don't believe you are, all the while randomly circling a growing pile of ill-assorted items that you cannot recall even being lost. I wouldn't like to imagine that kind of shambolic madness in a foreign country.

^Do you get withdrawal from your use? I'm a rambling mess using benzos for even incredibly brief periods now due to past dependance. Its not a bad thing, I avoid them at all costs now- it is never worth the rebound weirdness I get.

The WD I get now at 1mg p/day are rather subtle as compared to when I first used Alprazolam. The only reason I've been on them for so long is because of an inherited stomach condition involving a sensitive Vagal nerve that only responds to GABAergic meds. Most of the psychoactive effects are no longer noticeable.

I def have to agree with the idea of a couple mild buffer doses before complete cessation to let the levels in your system drop a little slower, good point Swillow.

, particularly the sort of subjective tolerance whereby you are utterly fucked out of your mind but don't believe you are, all the while randomly circling a growing pile of ill-assorted items that you cannot recall even being lost. I wouldn't like to imagine that kind of shambolic madness in a foreign country.

Guilty of this,

Short term memory loss is one of the side effects I hate along with placing a belonging somewhere then finding it right in front of myself hours later. Lost my motorcycle and car keys whilst on alprazolam and still haven't found them. I've checked every corner of my house for them and nothing.

I've given up after spending many frustrating days searching for the keys.

I'm sure they'll appear somewhere strange one day when I least expect it then ask myself how they got there.