Bluelight

Thread: Kavanaugh wins Supreme Court Nomination

1. Collapse Details
    Kavanaugh wins Supreme Court Nomination 
    Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Words
    My hopes are blighted, my heart is broken, my life a burden, everything around me is sad and mournful; earth has become distasteful to me, and human voices distract me. It is mercy to let me die, for if I live I shall lose my reason and become mad.
    Thumbs down
    Sad day for us all.

Kavanaugh argued his first and only case before the Supreme Court when he asked it to disregard attorney–client privilege in relation to the investigation of Foster's death.[13] The Supreme Court rejected Kavanaugh's arguments by a vote of 6–3.[14]
    He's Catholic too, so naturally going to try to go against abortion rights. Huge loss for civil rights.

I'm personally disgusted by the quote above and shocked 3 justices agreed with him in the aforementioned matter.

2. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Words
    My hopes are blighted, my heart is broken, my life a burden, everything around me is sad and mournful; earth has become distasteful to me, and human voices distract me. It is mercy to let me die, for if I live I shall lose my reason and become mad.
    Source, sorry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Kavanaugh#Opinions

Another troubling factoid...

In 2009, Kavanaugh wrote an article for the Minnesota Law Review where he argued that U.S. Presidents should be exempt from “time-consuming and distracting” lawsuits and investigations, which “would ill serve the public interest, especially in times of financial or national security crisis.”[51] This article garnered attention in 2018 when Kavanaugh was nominated to the Supreme Court by President Donald Trump, whose 2016 presidential campaign is the subject of an ongoing federal probe by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.[51]
    So basically, Trump chooses the one guy who wants to see the Russia investigation go away, even if Trump committed treason by collaborating with the enemy.

3. Collapse Details

Sober Living
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/09/o...ol-left-region

Must read New York Times opinion piece

4. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    God damn it... I knew this would happen, but fuck. I like civil rights, and the rest of us should, too. What a setback... an unfortunately long setback.