• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Found a new cough syrup with dxm and nothing else except menthol

Patrickforsterter

Bluelighter
COVONIA BRONCHIAL BALSAM ORIGINAL

I don't want to buy it unless it's better than benylin dry cough which only contains dxm and sugar I'm looking for someone who has experience with this medicine and want to know if it's better than benylin please.

Dependent on how much sugar is in it, it might be a better idea to go with the menthol one.

I would just use whatevers cheaper unless you're worried about your caloric intake or there is an ingredient you are allergic to. I used to just go the pharmacy.. and buy the cheap generic dxm only cough syrup. It was usually 2-3x cheaper than brand name and I could find it pretty much anywhere. Don't know if its much different in other countries or not... ?

Last edited:
I'd just go with the sugar one, unless you are using it in large doses everyday then the sugar content really shouldn't matter.

Yeh thanks guys I'm gonna look for the cough gels and if they don't have them I'll probably do what falsified said we get the sugared one as the convia I don't have any experience with so it might taste rank and worst of all a waste of money it might have sugar and ethanol in but it still tastes damn good not as good as the asda generic one which was the first time I had dxm aww honestly as soon as I tasted it I knew this was a drug for me like that first spliff lol dxm is like an extra treat when I have some money obviously codeine weed and video games are way more important sorry for rambling on a bit ?

Jesus, I can't believe I used to take dxm so often. Be careful with that stuff, it is mighty powerful as I'm sure you're aware.

I almost tried to trip using DXM, but thankfully I researched it before hand... That just seems like a fucking terrible high.

I almost tried to trip using DXM, but thankfully I researched it before hand... That just seems like a fucking terrible high.

I'd say for me personally, it's quite nice actually. I researched a whole ton to where I could minimize a lot of the side effects.

Also, I've found that at the proper dosage DXM is VERY STRONG and will f**k you up (more than some other drugs). I had experimented with DXM for quite awhile, and then tried shrooms. I felt like the shrooms were weak compared to DXM (they were still pretty fun tho).

However, if you do take something with guiaf. or aceta. you will either 1. die or 2. have a terrible time (ruining the chance of every having a good DXM trip).

Ever tried robitussin or equate? They are pure DMX.
Anyone tried popping a benzo before swallowing the syrup to mitigate the panicky effects?

Robotussin original is actually guafinesan, robotussin DM contains both it(basically generic Mucinex) and DXM(hence DM)

pure DXM syrup is available, although availability may vary a bit state from state, and it could be annoying to find

”What is better”? What does that mean? This needs to establish some direction, with all due respect (otherwise it’s just a DXM thread - and those have unfavorable T1/2’s generally, if ya know what we means ;) )

Just to clarify, in the UK robitussin is not pure dxm it's has sorbital which is a laxative the best one I found it benylin dry cough only has sugar in which makes it taste better imo

Ah, brands differ in content from place to place. But anything that says "dry cough" on it should be pure DXM. Read the ingredients always to make sure.

covonia is probably worse than benylin in my opinion, the menthol in it is just so powerful in taste. If your living in the UK try going to tesco pharmacy and buying "tesco dry cough linctus syrup" behind the counter. It's (SOME AMOUNT) for 200ml 10mg/5ml DXM only not lying!! Trust me your getting so ripped of for buying shitty benylin 7.5mg/5ml for (ANOTHER AMOUNT).

Last edited by a moderator: