• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

US: 11-year-old boy turns in dad for selling drugs, police say

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
LAWRENCE, Mass. -- A suspected drug dealer in Massachusetts has been turned in to police by his own son.

The 11-year-old called 911 Wednesday after finding drugs in his dad's luggage. The father later appeared in court in Lawrence.

In court, tearful relatives come to grips with charges against Yamil Mercado, accused of endangering his own son by planning to sell drugs: bags of heroin and fentanyl worth $8,500. Fentanyl is so toxic, even small amounts can be harmful.

The 11-year-old found them in his dad's luggage, but stayed away and called police.

"It is brave, courageous, of him to call us," said Chief James Fitzpatrick, Lawrence Police Department.

"He stated that he known his father, Mr. Mercado, is a drug dealer and has already been convicted of serious charges in the past," an official said in court.

He's been arrested before for drugs and was picked up during a sting operation.

It's not the first time that young boy has chosen the law over his father. A year ago, he called DCF to report his dad for drugs. DCF found none at the time.

Then, Wednesday the child called authorities again.

"He observed the defendant do a drug transaction just after he arrived home from school and is almost 100-percent sure his father, Mr. Mercado, is back in drug sales," an official said.

"I haven't heard of many drug kingpins get evicted from their own apartment, but he is likely the fall guy here," another official said in court.

Father and son moved in with grandma last week, after getting evicted. Mercado was caring for his son after a contested divorce. Despite her grief, Mercado's sister says her nephew did the right thing.

The 11-year-old is now cared for by his grandmother.

Source: http://abc7chicago.com/news/son-turns-in-dad-for-selling-drugs-police-say/2023735/

Well if you keep your shit where an 11 year can find it you deserve to go to jail. Thank God the kid didn?t get into the stuff.

I hope the little shit starves in the gutter. And ends up having to deal to survive. Would be just the sort of karmic boot up the ass I could see coming to a tosser like that. Who'd associate with a fucking viper in the nest so poisonous it's first meal is it's own parents?

Kid or not, he deserves whatever he gets, betraying family like that...if his life turns to shit because daddy ain't there to support him, and there's no food on the table, serves him right.

Yes he does! he's grassed a whole load of his own FAMILY up! MORE than once! if he didn't know the first time, he did when he did it again. Little snake in the grass. If he finds his life turns to shit now, its his own fault and serves the little grass right. I hope his balls drop off. Not that he had any to begin with, being a snitch.

You know what they say. 'Snitches, get stitches'=D

If I was his remaining family, that little bastard would find himself stuffed in the boot of a car, given a pocket knife, a bottle of water, and enough food to survive for long enough to walk to some vestige of civilization. Maybe a compass and a basic survival guide book. And thrown out of the car at speed, into the middle of nowhere. Ideally in dog crap. Its better than he deserves, filthy little traitorous grass.

His own family. Repeatedly. Sorry, but he'd get not one whit of sympathy from me. He'd certainly be dead to me, if I was formerly his family member. And he'd be out, for good. May he suffer as he has wrought suffering. What goes around, comes around, and he's certainly given it. He better hope he can take what he sees fit to give. Probably can't, but thats too bad, he should have thought of that before grassing his own family up to the filth. Little brat is no better than walking dirt.

Know what else disgusts me? that the filth are encouraging CHILDREN to turn in their own parents, family, in their repugnant inquisition. They are little better than the witch-burners. Corrupt as fuck, and deserving of every last bit of hell that is dumped on them. The only good copper is a dead copper.

Because what kind of 'person' poisons a child's mind against his own fucking family? you gotta be pretty damn low to do shit like that. It does help me sleep better at night, knowing the likes of them have so many people out there wanting to kill them horribly. Fuck the swine.

Last edited: