• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

I got an Adderall prescription!!!

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I'm so fucking stoked.

I've wanted one for a long time but was afraid to ask my psychiatrist.

I mean I probably do have ADHD, and I was prescribed Dexadrine and Ritalin when I was a teenager, but that was a long time ago and I thought I'd be denied.

Finally asked him and he prescribed me 60 pills a month of 2--20 mgs a day.

He was open to giving me any of the classic stimulants, both longer and shorter release Dex and Adderall and also Vyvanse, and i keep hearing good things about Vyvanse but I decided on Adderall for 2 reasons:

1) My insurance MIGHT not cover Vyvanse, whereas it does cover Adderall, so if so I'd have to pay out of pocket which would be super expensive (I'm gonna see if I can find out if it does cover it though), and the doc said that actually if I do want it I'd be smarter to start with Adderall first because sometimes the insurance company will decide to cover it if you switch because you can make the argument that the other medication was not working the way you needed it to or had side effects (honestly, I don't know how an insurance company can actually make that call, but whatever)

2) Mainly also, I like the option of being able to have the drug wear off sooner or take more and have it last longer. I may not always want to be on it for 12 hours or I might decide like in the middle of the day that I need some energy and coffee's not doing it for me and I want to take it, but then I can't cause it'll last too long and keep me up at night.

So maybe next time I'll try for Vyvanse and maybe not, but yeah, I'm pretty excited.

That is awesome, glad to hear! I would be afraid to ask too, but it sounds like you have a pretty good psychiatrist. I think vyvanse is a little more productive IME, but like you said pop one at 8 p.m. and you're now up all night lol

Cool! I recently sucked it up and asked my shrink for an adderall Rx and, presto...he came right through. I'd be curious to hear how you like it...I love recreational adderall. But I found that when I took it daily it started making me feel too edgy.

I recommend giving Dexedrine another bash. It's pretty much Adderall but slightly more potent and much cleaner. The dextroamphetamine is what has all the psychoactive effects, the levoamphetamine that's also in Adderall has only physical effects.

It's really useful to have an amphetamine script, I find it to be a very utilitarian drug. Honestly never even abused the stuff and I've had it for years. I just get anxious and edgy if I take too much. But sticking to the therapeutic dose it's just what I need to get shit done. Like a pill of pure motivation.

I recommend giving Dexedrine another bash. It's pretty much Adderall but slightly more potent and much cleaner. The dextroamphetamine is what has all the psychoactive effects, the levoamphetamine that's also in Adderall has only physical effects.

It's really useful to have an amphetamine script, I find it to be a very utilitarian drug. Honestly never even abused the stuff and I've had it for years. I just get anxious and edgy if I take too much. But sticking to the therapeutic dose it's just what I need to get shit done. Like a pill of pure motivation.

Well having tried Adderall a few times over the past few days, even though I'd never taken it for last Saturday, and having done classic Dexadrine probably over 100 times, I think the two feel very similar, but I think I probably prefer the way Adderall feels, though really honestly I wonder if in a blind test I could tell the difference if you told me I took one but not which one it was and I had to guess.

Yes I agree it's a very useful drug to have around. I mean life can take a lot of energy lol, and sometimes you don't get a good night sleep and coffee just isn't cutting it and a stronger stimulant can be extremely effective.

I actually do think I like Prolintane even better though, but no one prescribes that and it's hard to even find online. I mean I only found it once years ago but the stuff was great. It lasted like 12 hours rather than 4 for Dex/Adderall. I don't know though, they are both great.

Yeah, I definitely can and do get anxious and edgy if I take too much and/or drink too much coffee on it, and I ALWAYS drink too much coffee (believe it or not, though it sounds odd, I plan on using Adderall to break my caffeine dependency haha) so it happens with some frequency.

I mean I've taken about 5 doses within the past 3 days, ranging from 10-40 mgs, and while the majority of the time I've been on it has been euphoric, I've also had some anxiety, and the weird thing is that it can go from great feeling euphoria to anxiety and back again to euphoria in very short periods of time, like all in an hour.

I do remember though that when I was younger and had managed to break my caffeine dependency and took Dexadrine without drinking any coffee that I got barely any anxiety and it was very smooth, so that is certainly some of it, but at the same time A LITTLE caffeine really potentiates it and increases the euphoria, you just don't want to drink too much.

The learning curve I've been finding for me in the past 2 days, is figuring how the latest I can take it without it fucking with my sleep, because it's odd cause years ago with dozens of times of taking Dexadrine I very rarely found it effected my sleep and I could take it and go to bed an hour after it wore off, but these past few days I've been sleeping like shit cause I've taken it too late.

I finally settled on the idea that if I want to be SURE that it won't interefere with my sleep I should probably take it so that it wears off like 7 hours before bedtime. I'm not sure if it will always be that way, but it has been lately, and that seems to be a problem with people who get too into stimulants like this, that they take it too late, don't sleep enough which causes moodiness and anxiety and depression and shit, then take more to feel better the next day, and it starts a vicious cycle.

I mean my Doctor actually told me that in prescribed oral doses he does NOT think that it has very addictive, that he's had patients take it daily for months on end and then stop cold turkey with zero withdrawal, and that many of his patients take it 5 days a week.

I wouldn't have thought it was true, but I believe him cause he's a doctor.

I'm not sure what makes something like Crystal Meth so much more addictive, but for whatever reason it seems to be.

Cool! I recently sucked it up and asked my shrink for an adderall Rx and, presto...he came right through. I'd be curious to hear how you like it...I love recreational adderall. But I found that when I took it daily it started making me feel too edgy.

Well in the post I just wrote you can pretty much hear.

I'm liking it a lot but yes, I also have moments of anxiety on it which are worse the higher the dosage and the more coffee I drink, and less if I drink less coffee for sure.

I've also been combining it with Kratom and I really like the combo cause they both have stimulant properties but Kratom also has the opioid feel and it takes a lot of the edge off of the edgy part of the Adderall.

I mean I would ASSUME it's a safe combo, cause I personally believe both of them to be relatively safe drugs, so I don't think I'll be concerned about doing it again in the future.

I can tell from all those paragraphs the Adderall is doing its job ;)

I honestly find caffeine gives me worse anxiety and shaky edgy feeling than amphetamine. I replaced energy drinks with my Dexedrine script and have been much better off for it. I don't touch caffeine anymore, no need for it when you have pharmaceutical speed!

Well having tried Adderall a few times over the past few days, even though I'd never taken it for last Saturday, and having done classic Dexadrine probably over 100 times, I think the two feel very similar, but I think I probably prefer the way Adderall feels, though really honestly I wonder if in a blind test I could tell the difference if you told me I took one but not which one it was and I had to guess..

That adderall sugar taste would probably give it away pretty quickly.

I've been debating going to see the psychiatrist to get an adderall Rx, it's really the only thing that helps.

If you can't afford the vyvanse then i'd suggest convincing your doc to switch you to generic IR adderall. I had my doctor switch me based solely on the insurance not covering it, your doctor should understand that you don't want to fork out a few hundred a month for a prescription.

Just explain that that instead of taking an extended release formula you could just break the IR pill into 2-4 pieces and take them a few hours apart to stretch the effects out.

Also i take kratom and adderall every day. It's a pretty good mix, kratom keeps some of the adderall edge plus adding a little sedative relief.