• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin IV Heroin

You're a fool if you ignore the advice of someone currently injecting heroin for chronic pain wishing they could stop damn near suicidal as I was convinced not to attempt to overdose this month and regret it and am back to planning next months overdose if this month destabilize.

Fact is I never said you were me.... You're not me and that's blatantly clear as I would've taken the advice not to use. Maybe you're trying it so you can just know what it is? If that's so it's still a horrible idea. Even if you don't like it right away later on the thoughts going to creep into your head that you should try it again.

Next thing you know you're trying to hustle up ten for a dime as you have no money and about to be dope sick if you're not already. This is a horrible idea no matter who you are

Rereading your second post I can tell you're going to end up using a lot as it's unlikely you'll get dope that only requires 5-10 mg even though you should always start first assuming it's 100% pure. When you don't get enough effect the first two times you're going to keep doing it and liking it, which I know seeing how you looked MDMA.

I'm seriously trying to save your life now.

Don't do it

It will be the beginning of the end

To the OP:

You mentioned not having any tolerance to heroin, so I'm assuming that means no tolerance to any opioid/opiate either? If no, then how come you are trying it?

If you are just interested in trying out opioids for the first time, then there are a few options that would be safer or at least more prudent than IV'ing heroin. As another member said earlier, you can plug many kinds of opioids, which is a safer ROA than IV in every way.

You are a first time user so IV is not necessary, and could actually lead to an overwhelming or dangerous experience when you could surly ingest it another way. Which has me confused actually. So you cannot even swallow pills due to this esophagus issue? Because that's what I'd recommend you try, is taking some opioid drug in pill form, if you're seriously interested in trying it. But going right to IV heroin is bypassing a lot of landmarks of opioid usage that o e normally passes before beginning to use heroin.

It?s because of my esophagus problem yes, I could potentially crush a pill and drink the powder but because of the direct contact to my throat it might give me problems just like when I have dissolved MDMA in water to drink. I know iv heroin should be the last step usually after building a tolerance to other opiates. But with my condition I have no other option and I already have the heroin #3 and intended to try it out.

And you say and I quote "when you could surly ingest it another way" tell me what way please. I can?t have it throat my head like insufflating, drink, swallow or smoke. Then there is only plugging and iv?ing right?

BTW: Does anyone think that iv?ing 10mg of heroin is too dangerous for a person without any tolerance? Even if the heroin is 98% pure it would still be considered a common iv dose for a none tolerance user.

Truly,like I said before in my, as you put it, "copy and paste" post, I'm not trying to dissuade you from doing this, but you really need a way to test potency before IVing. Like a little snort, a bit tasted, I don't know exactly but going straight to the needle without a clear cut idea of the potency is just reckless for anyone. 10mg @.98 purity will have you very fucked with no tolerance. In hospitals they start Morphine (approx .5 as potent as H) at 4 mg for the non tolerant and work up from there. Do you have a mg scale?

Yes but it?s can make 20-50mg fail reading so I will buy a new one.

And it?s heroin #3 so it can?t be snorted plus I can?t snort because of my throat problem. But the reviews of this stuff I got seems to be decent but not overwhelming and no way it?s going to be 98% purity. Even if it was 70% purity 10mg would be find don?t you think?
Would you say the Erowid dosage guide is wrong then? It says 5-10mg with no tolerance https://erowid.org/chemicals/heroin/heroin_dose.shtml
But I guess I will start with 5mg then, I can?t imagine OD?ing off of 5mg none pharma heroin.

How do you know how pure it is? Ive seen so much variance in product that its impossible to tell based off of appearance and taste or smell. Ive had tasteless odorless product that cooked up clear and colorless that was bomb and also what I call phantom dope that has every quality that fire dope has but when used does absolutely nothing.

I have a diagnosed, esophagus problem and I understand not being able to swallow/smoke as an effective ROA. I also IV.

Regarding dose: technically speaking, ~10mg of "pure" heroin, to someone who had never had a single opiate before, would absolutely flaw them. In reality - 10mg of street-level heroin should be fine for a starting dose, I wouldn't be the least surprised if you didn't even feel it it.

A couple things to be wary of

A ) Fentanyl-laced smack is all too real. Do your best to make sure you're not booting fent your first time. I regularly use fent-laced gear (stupid, I know and now I'm stuck in that cycle) and I've seen people with 0.5g/day heroin habits shoot 35mg of this stuff and instantly "drop" and need to be revived with NARCAN. You really, really really do NOT want to shoot fentanyl accidentally as your first shot of "heroin" - you will almost certainly OD and might die.

B ) It's rare to OD and DIE on heroin alone. Most deaths are a result of compounded repressed breathing, by means of alcohol, benzos, ghb, etc. So - if you want to minimise yours risks of becoming an OD statistic your first-time, make sure that heroin is the ONLY thing you take that day and you will be a hell of a lot safer, having a few drinks to calm your nerves will dramatically increase your chances of a fatal OD.

If you don't OD fatally - a heroin OD is more often just a lot of vomit and feeling sorry for yourself. Biggest concern here is if you pass-out and continue vomiting, you may asphyxiate on your own vomit. This can be avoided (as can many other deaths) by doing the smartest thing you can do:

C ) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ANOTHER PERSON WITH YOU. I can't possibly stress enough how important this is. The chances of something really bad happening your first IV of heroin are so much dramatically higher if you're on your own. Make sure you're not alone and also, try and be within range (and means - like a mobile phone that works) of assistance (ambulances).

This is all very sound advice^^^

You'll notice I didn't give you some propagandistic ramblings against drug use in general, but instead stated that you should try another ROA, because IV is far and away the most harmful option.

I would also justify these "copy and paste" posts by saying that, as you already have found, there are plenty of threads with step-by-step guides on IV use, and plenty of people in this very thread answering your questions. Given these are already provided, addressing the deeper motivations to such a reckless decision is another way to reduce the harm to your person, because it helps you more critically reevaluate your mindset. If everyone on BL were to tacitly endorse imprudent drug use than there wouldn't be much harm reduction going on would there?

With that said, start as low as possible (5mg)-given your lack of dependence, if you feel unsatisfied you should have no trouble simply trying again the next day with a slightly higher dose (7.5-10mg).
Remember: you can always take more, but you can never take less

Good luck

Last edited:
I have a diagnosed, esophagus problem and I understand not being able to swallow/smoke as an effective ROA. I also IV.

Regarding dose: technically speaking, ~10mg of "pure" heroin, to someone who had never had a single opiate before, would absolutely flaw them. In reality - 10mg of street-level heroin should be fine for a starting dose, I wouldn't be the least surprised if you didn't even feel it it.

A couple things to be wary of

A ) Fentanyl-laced smack is all too real. Do your best to make sure you're not booting fent your first time. I regularly use fent-laced gear (stupid, I know and now I'm stuck in that cycle) and I've seen people with 0.5g/day heroin habits shoot 35mg of this stuff and instantly "drop" and need to be revived with NARCAN. You really, really really do NOT want to shoot fentanyl accidentally as your first shot of "heroin" - you will almost certainly OD and might die.

B ) It's rare to OD and DIE on heroin alone. Most deaths are a result of compounded repressed breathing, by means of alcohol, benzos, ghb, etc. So - if you want to minimise yours risks of becoming an OD statistic your first-time, make sure that heroin is the ONLY thing you take that day and you will be a hell of a lot safer, having a few drinks to calm your nerves will dramatically increase your chances of a fatal OD.

If you don't OD fatally - a heroin OD is more often just a lot of vomit and feeling sorry for yourself. Biggest concern here is if you pass-out and continue vomiting, you may asphyxiate on your own vomit. This can be avoided (as can many other deaths) by doing the smartest thing you can do:

C ) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ANOTHER PERSON WITH YOU. I can't possibly stress enough how important this is. The chances of something really bad happening your first IV of heroin are so much dramatically higher if you're on your own. Make sure you're not alone and also, try and be within range (and means - like a mobile phone that works) of assistance (ambulances).

Thank you very much that was very articulate and very helpful. It is brown heroin #3 isn?t fentanyl only used in white heroin? (ignorantly I ask)

Maybe I should just start with iv 5mg and wait 15 minutes and try 10mg if I don?t feel anything? I was really hoping to find the sweetspot dose on the first try so I could just shoot once and then stop. I think the idea of having to shoot once, and then again and again is subconsciously a habit forming behavior that I would like to avoid.

Unfortunately I will be all alone since heroin is such a taboo drug that I have no one to tripsit me for this one.

I was thinking about fasting 5 hours prior to avoid vomitting. But I just read on the internet that people vomit on opiates due to a chemical reaction in the brain that makes the body think it needs to vomit to get rid of this "poison" but still would fasting 5 hours prior to injecting be a good idea?

I am also thinking more and more about shooting in my foot since I only have very clear visible veins in my hands and feet, but the injection guide I have linked earlier in the thread says that feet isn?t as safe and option as the arms and hands.

Last I want to ask you how is your eating problem? This very intrigued me since I have NEVER met anyone with a similar problem to mine. It takes me 20-25 minutes just to eat 100g of chicken or 100g of beef. And like 45 minutes to eat a Big Mac and large fries from Mc D. DO you have similar problems?

No I don?t want to plug again, just all the preparation ruins it all. The ritual of consuming a drug is usually fun too but with plugging it?s just an enema and shit many times before finally plugging and getting the shits again. And even if I don?t get the shits with heroin then the enema part will ruin it.

No you can?t but glad you didn?t have the same problem as I have it?s unbearable.

you COULD put it in your nose, but you would have to neautralize the no 3 base into a salt form using small amounts of acetic acid or citric acid using less than 5 units, draw that solution up and push the plunger into your nasal cavities slowly, ensuring you won't get drips. It'll burn a little.

Aa far as IV goes, I don't recommend it but always use clean kits. Get a clean rig, use sterile saline solution from your local pharmacists, wipe your area of injection with an alcohol pad. I also like to wipe the needle tip with some alcohol and then rinse off with saline solution. If you have a micron filter, use it, if not, use clean cotton but definitely an item you can easily get online. Cotton fever is no joke and no fun. Start off at 10mg. Buy a milligram scale, they will give you a sense of security. You can get them off of amazon for a decent price.

you COULD put it in your nose, but you would have to neautralize the no 3 base into a salt form using small amounts of acetic acid or citric acid using less than 5 units, draw that solution up and push the plunger into your nasal cavities slowly, ensuring you won't get drips. It'll burn a little.

Aa far as IV goes, I don't recommend it but always use clean kits. Get a clean rig, use sterile saline solution from your local pharmacists, wipe your area of injection with an alcohol pad. I also like to wipe the needle tip with some alcohol and then rinse off with saline solution. If you have a micron filter, use it, if not, use clean cotton but definitely an item you can easily get online. Cotton fever is no joke and no fun. Start off at 10mg. Buy a milligram scale, they will give you a sense of security. You can get them off of amazon for a decent price.

I can tell you haven?t read my comments in the thread because everything you said I have already confirmed, but I still appreciate the affirmation on the 10mg starting dose, I will probably be doing 5-10 since my scale is 3mg off.

I have bought sterile insuline syringes, sterile cooker with cotton in the package so I assume it?s sterile too, sterile citric acid and sterile water. I also just got a new scale a couple of days ago and I also have alcohol swaps.

I am considering doing it in a couple of days probably the 18th

I would not IV in my hand for the first time, the veins are visible but they roll. Inner elbow is best, if you are careful and do it right you won't leave a mark. If you worry have some epsom salt and warm water and soak you e elbow in after and it will heal up in minutes not leaving a mark! Also this is serious stuff you may end up being hooked

I can tell you haven?t read my comments in the thread because everything you said I have already confirmed, but I still appreciate the affirmation on the 10mg starting dose, I will probably be doing 5-10 since my scale is 3mg off.

I have bought sterile insuline syringes, sterile cooker with cotton in the package so I assume it?s sterile too, sterile citric acid and sterile water. I also just got a new scale a couple of days ago and I also have alcohol swaps.

I am considering doing it in a couple of days probably the 18th
Are you from Europe? If you're in the east coast of USA, no need for citric acid

10-15mg should be a good starting dose (I used 30mg and i have a average tolerance). Get a testing kit to see if there is any fent in your product. If there is, start small to see how it effects you, you can always increase from there. As stated before, get some 0.9% Normal Saline. Thats the only thing i use. Its also sterile (at least the stuff i have is). If you can get Narcan, get a couple of them too. I work in the medical field and have like 5 of them, just in case. If you even feel like you're going to overdose Ie. Starting to black out and notice respiratory type symptoms, get the Narcan and give yourself a IM injection of the entire thing. Better safe then sorry.

Take a nice warm shower before you inject, it will get all of your veins nice and plump before the injection, which will help immensely.

Im a HUGE opiate lover, but I never thought Heroin was anything special. If felt great and the rush was amazing...but I had no problem stopping it. Just the withdrawals sucked, which kratom can help with.

Good luck.

I need to say first that IV'ing heroin is a terrible idea. But just as I did many years ago, it sounds like you're going to do it, so I'll add a couple safety suggestions.

1. Consider using a micron filter instead of cotton. This can really cut down some of the risks associated with IV'ing drugs. And they're trivially easy to buy online.
2. Try to test your dope before banging it, to get a sense of its strength. Ideally, it would be nice to test the strength using an ROA other than IV such as plugging or smoking. If that won't work for you, do you have a friend who can smoke a bit of it to see what this 10mg is actually likely to do? If you can't do that, you could shoot a *tiny* amount first...like 1mg.
3. Have narcan (naloxone) on hand and have a friend with you who knows how to use it. It is *so* easy to overdo it with IV heroin, especially if you're new to it. I'm only here at all because I was lucky enough to have a buddy with narcan in the room during two of my ODs.

Although, shit, you've probably already done it by now. I hope it either goes OK or went OK.

I did it some days ago I registered blood in the vein but when I tried to shoot it the needle fell out of my vein so I only shot 20 units into my skin (skin popping) so I got 15mg of heroin. I felt light headed and got extremely tired and started nodding too, I didn?t feel any euphoria at all, and time went by so fast. In conclusion it?s the most boring drug I have ever tried, caffeine is probably even more exciting to me. Damn it was boring.

I have read hundreds of pages from guides and threads to be the most responsible and safe as I could and even bought a brand new scale and sterile injection equipment that I had to order from a foreign country and then I don?t even get an awesome experience!