• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoked after 1 week break

George1012

Bluelighter
Last night. Holy fuck. I thought I had a baseline tolerance before I took my break. I decided to because sometimes its just nice to switch things up. I hadn't gone more then like 2-3 days in quite a few months. Skipped 7 days and smoked late last night. Still feeling it this morning, lingering on hours later. This was very close to the highest I'd ever been.

I took 2 hits at first and it took 10 minutes to fully kick in. Usually it takes a long time after you quit awhile. Usually it kicks in in three minutes. IT was full blown, psychedelic noob status. This was literally a hundred times as intense as its been in awhile. I walked from my yard into my garage after and it was the kind of thing where that few minutes I spent in my yard felt like it didn't happen, like I just imagined it or it was a dream and it appeared in my mind. Smoked a cig and then took one more hit or two and sat in my room for forty five minutes looking around at everything. I love the complete shift in perception cannabis has to offer. I love the hallucinogenic, dissociative euphoric effect. I'm going to take breaks like this more often now.

I had just ran in a small mile race hosted by my city a few hours earlier. It was a trip and a half to think about that, and think about the day and all the events in general after it all kicked in. Sorry I'm rambling. I'd seriously recommend taking a break. Its worth it. It was a lot easier then I thought and it went by pretty fast.

I'd seriously recommend taking a break. Its worth it. It was a lot easier then I thought and it went by pretty fast.

Isn't it, though?

The trick is keeping your mind busy and focused on something other than your stash. Once you learn how to do that, it's kind of like.... shit.... I've been wasting thousands a year on something I don't even really need....

Proud of ya, Georgie boy, keep that shit up. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm pretty sure my daily drug use over the years has really fucked my mind up, and it's such a shame when I can see that starting to happen to other people-- but definitely awesome when I see folks doing what they need to prevent it from happening to them, even if it's not their reason for actively moderating their usage.

Last time I did a tolerance break, maybe 3 weeks a couple years ago, I had a similar experience.

I thought to myself, its only been a few weeks, lets smoke up! Some buddies came over and literally after 2 or 3 hits of a bowl I told them no more, it was like I was a teenager again experimenting. It was way more intense than what I had become accustomed to. My tolerance quickly went back up within a couple days afterwards.

It's about time for me to go on a little tolerance break myself here in a couple days before a vacation. I think it's awesome you're looking to take more breaks!

I'm working on the 6th day of a break right now. I was starting to feel really shitty on the comedown, I'd peak and feel good for 15-30 minutes then feel dead and worthless and like I couldn't move or do anything for a while. It basically felt like I was dying of some horrible terminal illness. It was crazy. I'm not sure how long I should go. Even on my heaviest weeks I couldn't have gone through much more than a gram or maybe... (it's a stretch) 2 grams but that's a lot for me because I don't tend to get high all day because chasing the initial peek has never been fun.

I'm thinking 2 weeks but I might be really tempted to just have one light go this weekend at some point. I'm really not sure.

Yeah my tolerance shot right back up. It was awesome the first time then I got about 20% strength of the first time the other times. I love that fresh high feeling, you know for a fact that you are undeniably high, its not just, oh I smoked weed time to pretend like I"m tripping.