• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need advice for my rehab/Detox?

Built240

Bluelighter
My wife and kids are flying back home for 7 days to visit family. I decided this is the best time for me to finally be able to get clean. I never needed amphetamines but my doctor gave them to me because he said ?you might have ADHD.? 4+ years later and I?ve been hooked. Lately I picked up some bad habits like cigarette smoking the past month. I am now on Lexapro and Abilify so things are starting to look better. With my wife and toddlers around it?s impossible to rehab but this is a great opportunity. I own my own business so I?m going to have an employee work those days. The first few days I?m thinking I?m going to just sleep as much as possible and the rest the time I?m going to just relax and watch TV( movies that make me laugh and music I enjoy )and eat. Try and get a little sun possibly a little exercise if im able. Not a diet that?s strict but lots of healthy foods like fruits, vegetables, proteins, etc. (try to limit sugar and caffeine.) As of now I take anywhere from 40-80mg total amphetamines per day. Over the next 4 weeks I plan to slowly taper and get down to around 20-30mg and stop on the 8th. I take a long list of supplements. I?m wondering if you have any advice what I can do to make the 7 day process better. I?m thinking I definitely should include Jiaogulan as it should help restore my entire dopamine system. I typically don?t take NALT because the effects are minimal when using amphetamines but I?m thinking I should add that as well during the process. I take a ton of supplements even though I cut them in half it?s still around 40 but they all seem to have their place . Let me know if you have any other advice. Thank you

Jiaogulan 45% Gypenosides yeilding 370mg/day(or should I use more?)

Phosphatidylserine 800mg/day(1/2 scoop CortiSolve)
DL-Phenylalanine 500mg 2x/day
NALT 350mg 2x/day
CBD 25mg/day(GetZen Organic Coconut Oil CBD isolate)
magnesium l threonate Magtein 2010mg night
Eph/dha oil 3G 2x daily(Nutrabio)
Astaxanthin 15mg/day
Panax Ginseng
Siberian Eleuthero
Resveratrol
Vitamin C complex 2g 2x/day(vitaminshoppe)
VitE complex 400iu/day(solgar)
D3 10,000iu day(vitaminshoppe)
NA-RALA 125mg 2x/day (doctors best)
ALCAR 500mg 2x/day
MitoQ 10mg/day
cycloastragenol 25mg/day
PQQ 20mg/day
Selenium 100mcg/day 3-4 days/wk
NAC 600mg/day
b-12 5000mcg/day(jarrow)
(B6) P-5-P 25mg/day
L-Methylfolate
Free Acid HMB 1g 2x/day
Shilajit Fulvic Acid 250mg/day(Jarrow)
Taurine 2-3g/day
Gastrodin 300mg/day
VSL#3 probiotic 1/day
Tru Niagen 250mg 2x/day
Creatine Monohydrate 5-10g/day

Night:
300mcg Melatonin/night
Skullcap(baicalensis) version.
200-400mg L-Theanine
15mg transdermal Pregnenolone
30mg transdermal DHEA
I?m on HRT so I don?t have to worry about testosterone and HGH.

Debating supplements?
Catuaba
Babchi
Ginkgo biloba
Vinpocetine
Inositol

Don?t want to add any dopamine antagonists as that would just further hold progression. Possibly thinking of adding Memantine but not sure if that would do any good while being of amphetamines?

Maybe add Tempol? KB220z

My amphetamine "detox" consists of drinking Gatorade before going to sleep for a good rest (forced by sleep aids if necessary) and then eating a healthy breakfast.

Next day will be quite foggy and lethargic but then I am back to baseline.

Wow that's a lot of supplements and it looks like you've thought of everything. I don't think all that is necessary but if it makes you feel more sturdy for your quit date, go for it. I don't have any experience with Jiaogulan so I can't say whether you would benefit from it. Try to quit the cigarettes and stay on your antidepressants. I'm going to move this over to Sober Living.

I think your plan sounds good. Does anyone know about your plan? Do you have anyone to talk to or hang out with during the week? It might be helpful to have people there to keep you motivated and focused.

That supplement list is beyond overkill. Can you even tell what each supplement is doing? If you're eating healthy, exercising, getting sunlight and sleeping well, there's no way you need all that, even with this detox. Try posting to /r/stackadvice on reddit and they may be able to help you create a more effective list.

I think your plan sounds good. Does anyone know about your plan? Do you have anyone to talk to or hang out with during the week? It might be helpful to have people there to keep you motivated and focused.

That supplement list is beyond overkill. Can you even tell what each supplement is doing? If you're eating healthy, exercising, getting sunlight and sleeping well, there's no way you need all that, even with this detox. Try posting to /r/stackadvice on reddit and they may be able to help you create a more effective list.

Yes friends and family know. I was a competitive bodybuilder for a long time so I know a lot about supplements and each one has its purpose. I am a big believer in supplements and I’m trying to optimize a protocol to optimize my recovery. Bpc-157 will be a great addition and I wish I could use 9-me-bc as it’s sad to restore the entire dopamine system but I live in Southern California and exposure to the sun while using it can be carcinogenic.