View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD first time... very weird and scary

Jimbo55

Greenlighter
Hi all. I browse this quite a lot but don't normally post. Just want to know what happened to me in the last 24 hours...

I went out for a couple of drinks last night and came back to my flat. I had a LSD tab there and thought it would be a good idea to try it, on my own, in my flat, never having tried it before.

About 2330 hrs i put it in my mouth, left it under my tongue for about 30 mins, then swallowed it.

At 0300 nothing what I expected to happen had happened ( I had had a very big meal before eating the tab). At this point I just wanted to go to sleep but couldn't. I closed my eyes and they just flickered and twitched, but i didn't feel high, even though i couldn't sleep and kept randomly waking around my flat.

Inlay on my bed until 0700 hrs, browsing my phone with just these symptoms.., apart from my neck muscles felt very tight and I kept stretching.... very weird.

Ar 0730 hrs I had decided I wasn't going to sleep and was really hungry so decided to walk into London to get breakfast. Outside my flat I had a cigarette and went to walk off, when I said to myself that I cannot physically walk down the street. Something was very strange and I still didn't feel high.

I then went back into my flat and really needed a number 2. Whilst having this the most scary and strangest experience of my life happened! I started pouring with sweat, shaking all over, teeth chattering, pupils dilated like duck.. my willy and testicles went back inside my body... and i honestly thought I was going to die!!! I quickly put a cold shower on and got under it. It calmed down slightly and then I started sipping water. It was the mist terrifying experience of my life! My heart was pounding and I thought I was gone. It was what only can be described as an mdma cone up... amplified by 50!!

I got my self under control by thinking of other things and laid on my bed until 1700 hrs the next day! I then decided it was time to go and get food....

I then waled around London for the next 5 hours, just looking at people and places, feeling very calm and just thankful i was alive. I knew I was now slightly high... but it was 17 hours after I had taken the tab!! Everything felt lovely and peaceful, with no worries but it was 18, 19 hours after i took this tiny paper tab!

I still feel strange, but in a peacefully way. And it's been 26 hours since I took it.

What the hell happened?!!!'

Any feedback will be much appreciated! I'm done with drugs! Ha.

On a more serious note:

The way I understand the psychedelic experience is that it basically makes parts of your brain which are responsible for the detection of novelty, patterns or significance go into overdrive.
A fleeting sensation or thought that would normally be filtered out by your brain to ensure smooth operations can suddenly seem extremely interesting or important; you may become acutely aware of behaviors so deeply ingrained into your psyche that they've already become unconscious rituals (which can make these drugs valuable for treating, for example, smoking addiction).

Of course, some things you don't actually *want* to be aware of all the time. Guilt, shame, fear... plenty of negative emotions and memories can suddenly rise to the surface during a trip, and become the center of your world for what seems like an eternity.

That is why it is crucial to ensure an optimal set and setting. This is not something like coke or MDMA that you can just take whenever you want to force yourself to feel good.
Don't trip when your're in a bad mood, in an unpleasant environment, around people you don't like, or physically/mentally exhausted.

Even under optimal conditions, things can sometimes go wrong, so it might be a good idea to have a benzo on hand to either take the edge off and salvage the trip with a low dose, or basically abort it with a high dose. And for the love of god, never try to take the edge off a bad trip by smoking weed. Unlike other downers, cannabis actually *increases* the intensity of a trip.

The timeline is off for LSD. Normally you come up in 45 min or an hour and then trip for 8 to 12 hours, with an afterglow that can linger. Did the hit have any taste? If so, what did it taste like and was it a strong taste?

It had no taste at all. It lasted about 17 plus hours. The after glow being the only good bit

Sounds like a low dose LSD trip of which you didn?t recognise the effects due to it being your first time. It got uncomfortable as desribed above by others. You have to learn how to work with psychedelics. It can be easier to go with the trip if it is slightly stronger. If you have more hits from this batch you could try 2 next time as they are probably weak. If you try from a different batch, even from the same supplier, try one first to guage the stregth. Also wait at least two weeks between trips for tolerance to go away. And learn about set and setting.

What was with the weird come up 8 hours in? Do you think it was a panick attack? I started sweating all over, shaking badly all over and sorry to be explicitly.. my dick nearly went into my body and my skin went red? That's what I was worried about?

1) Are you sure it was LSD? 2) Vascoconstriction (penis shrinkage + red skin) is 100% normal and is actually FAR more profound in LSD than almost all other classic psychedelics due to the lysergamides present in Lysergic Acid, which have a history of being used as far back as the 1700's in several medicinal remedies that ranged their uses from inducing child labor to treating blood loss. This was almost certaintly (from what you describe) not a panic attack, as I'm sure you would DEFINITELY know if you had one. I suspect that general body discomfort from eating such a large meal, got misinterpreted as ego death as soon as cold water was introduced, as a result of first time sensitivity. (Being overweight can also play a role in amplifying discomforting effects while under the influence of LSD, and discomfort while under the influence may be unavoidable if this is the case) 3) eating a L A R G E meal right before an LSD trip is a recipe for disaster, speaking from experience. I ate a heinous amount of Taco Bell before dropping ~200ug 5-10 min after said meal, which resulted in a VERY uncomfortable body load throughout the peak (felt like my stomach was getting it's ass slapped with Crunchwrap Supremes and Frito Burritos!!). Thankfully, I had already experienced LSD a handful of times prior, so It was a little easier for me to allow myself to not focus on the discomfort as much. I was also with my girlfriend an close friends, so it was definitely easier to cope with. 4) It would definitely not surprise me if showering in COLD water somehow catapulted the trip into an even more unpleasant experience. I've sprawled myself on my shower floor while taking warm / hot showers while peaking (Not ego death, fully conscious), each time being greeted by magical waves of euphoria and tranquility as mother nature squirts her tingly warm liquids from the distorted shower head, seemingly blanketing every atom in my body in all the right ways. Try taking warmer showers next time if you feel so inclined to take one.

Review:
1.Test your LSD
2. Everyone's penis shrinks on LSD, even the chicks!
3.Wait a few hours (4-5 recommended) after eating a large meal before ingesting LSD. It'll be better for everyone
4.Warm = Love, Happiness, Unity, Tranquility
Cold = Death, Death, Death,

Conclusion: Get a test kist, hide your small wang, double your dose on an empty stomach, grab one or two CLOSE friends and try again.

Last edited: